183 members have voted

1. 1. Correct decision

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaddy - as I said, all needs answering - just that now all energy should be focussed on the task in hand. Surely, as a Latics fan, you can see that preserving our league status is number one priority at the moment?

And to illustrate I`m not a hypocrite, I have emailed and asked whether Mr C and Mr M would rather postpone the "Questions Session" to a later date as I realise they may be exceedingly busy on more urgent matters now.

Don't agree with this at all - now is exactly the time we should be pushing those in charge for answers, and making them realise that they can't simply brush the concerns under the carpet. Corney is very good at deflecting attention - things get hot, he sacks a manager, pressure is off him for a while.

nonaenever

For me the appointment of John Sheridan is our only chance of maintaining our League One status (considering both his OAFC knowledge and his proven experience)

However positive we hope that will be, nothing else has changed at our Club

Our many concerns as Supporters remain and I would ask you continue with the proposed meeting on the 24th January with the Chairman

Your approach has been very proper and has been as most Supporters wanted, to represent all of us in a courteous fact finding meeting

If we don't take this invitation up from the Chairman I feel it would be just another wasted opportunity

Guest nonaenever

Don't agree with this at all - now is exactly the time we should be pushing those in charge for answers, and making them realise that they can't simply brush the concerns under the carpet. Corney is very good at deflecting attention - things get hot, he sacks a manager, pressure is off him for a while.

To clarify, there is no intention whatsoever to cancel "Questions for the Chairman". Indeed 7 of us are meeting tomorrow to discuss and fine tune it. I have merely emailed out of courtesy to ask if another date might be better for them (Mr C and Mr M) - I`m sure everyone will appreciate there must be a thousand and one things going on down at the club at the moment.

To clarify, there is no intention whatsoever to cancel "Questions for the Chairman". Indeed 7 of us are meeting tomorrow to discuss and fine tune it. I have merely emailed out of courtesy to ask if another date might be better for them (Mr C and Mr M) - I`m sure everyone will appreciate there must be a thousand and one things going on down at the club at the moment.

NNN, it's easy for me to pontificate from down here and I do appreciate the trouble that you've gone to to organise this. But OAFCMetty is absolutely right, you should go ahead on 24 Jan and do not let Corney off the hook. There remain serious questions about the long-term future of our club and the poor sods who have endured 11 home league games, 4 goals for and 1 win deserve some answers. By offering him a postponement I fear that your generosity of spirit will be met with a cynical response to defer/delay the meeting indefinitely.

Guest nonaenever

NNN, it's easy for me to pontificate from down here and I do appreciate the trouble that you've gone to to organise this. But OAFCMetty is absolutely right, you should go ahead on 24 Jan and do not let Corney off the hook. There remain serious questions about the long-term future of our club and the poor sods who have endured 11 home league games, 4 goals for and 1 win deserve some answers. By offering him a postponement I fear that your generosity of spirit will be met with a cynical response to defer/delay the meeting indefinitely.

Owl - I note and appreciate what you, and others, have said. If the Chairman was flying in from the US to try and seal a deal for Steven Gerrard on the 24th of January, I don't think any of us would want to jeopardise that by insisting on the questions session instead. That's all I am checking with them - the landscape at BP has been turned upside down in a couple of days and it's merely a courtesy to enquire about whether the date still suits, that's all. I can only judge off what I see and hear first hand - and I`ve seen/heard no evidence at all that SC would delay indefinitely. He's actually very keen to get this done - so no worries.

Could not disagree more with the notion that the club needs our support any more than it did two days ago just because we like this manager more.

While I would not disagree with your comment as I firmly believe that the club needs our support all the time, I would say that now would be a good time for those who have lost a little faith in the club to rally round. Innit?

I know it's not going to happen and many won't agree with me, but it'd be nice if he offered an apology to us for the way he prostituted himself last summer, inviting advances from Bolton, Leeds and Notts before eventually jumping ship...

First thing he did was apologise. Interesting comments about 'money never motivates me', then next line, 'I got a very good offer'. Interspersed by saying he wants to be successful...

Twitter, MC Fluff

Edited by NewBlue