New Manager: Shez Is Back

183 members have voted

1. 1. Correct decision

• Yes
    • No

I want to see his face and body language when he is saying those words and so will watch it later.

Nice to see that he felt he did need to apologise (despite what many here think, I always think you should leave nicely)... we can move on now and get those results.

COYB.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said it to get the fans onside. As a fan I will be getting behind Oldham Athletic as always.

Besides it's unlikely that it will be his decision how long he's here for.

I doubt anybody would regurgitate that quote if he was sacked and demand to hear from him why he didn't stay...

Does he really need the fans on side? Win a few games and it's all forgotten. All that being said, he did apologise too

Edited by NewBlue

I want to see his face and body language when he is saying those words and so will watch it later.

Nice to see that he felt he did need to apologise (despite what many here think, I always think you should leave nicely)... we can move on now and get those results.

COYB.

Get over yourself.

Too many cynics on here who'd happily bear a grudge. It's football get over it. We :censored: others over, they :censored: us over. That's life!

I'd do it with my company if my prospects there evaporated and some other company dangled a carrot. However not everything is rosy at my work, I get frustrated but I have an affinity with it, have worked there for years and genuinely want it to succeed with me influencing that success. If I left on good terms with my bosses, as I would, then I'm confident they'd have me back if elsewhere failed.

Shez has that affinity with Oldham Athletic. I don't doubt we'll have challenges in future and he may leave again. However he'd come back. It's more than just a club to him. Same goes for Dowie. I've met him loads of times outside of football and talked many subjects but he always first to mention Oldham and knows everything about the matches, players etc. He genuinely loves the club, follows every game and says it's one his most favourite periods of us career; playing and managing.

Yep, but his managerial record has shown signs of promise. If he burn could the clipboard, not sure She will go for that tbh then he may have an input.

Scunthorpe United23px-Flag_of_England.svg.pngEngland 12 September 2010 - 16 March 2011 P34 W8 D4 L22 Win 23.53%

Sligo Rovers23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.pngIreland 27 February 2012 - 19 June 2014 P86 W44 D25 L17 Win 51.16%

Motherwell23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.pngScotland13 December 2014 - 23 September 2015 P34 W12 D5 L17 Win 35.29 %

Total

P154 W64 D34 L56 Win 41.56 %

Shorter Period but better than Shez

What did he do at Sligo? Need to replicate that

Edited by oafcprozac

Too many cynics on here who'd happily bear a grudge. It's football get over it. We :censored: others over, they :censored: us over. That's life!

I'd do it with my company if my prospects there evaporated and some other company dangled a carrot. However not everything is rosy at my work, I get frustrated but I have an affinity with it, have worked there for years and genuinely want it to succeed with me influencing that success. If I left on good terms with my bosses, as I would, then I'm confident they'd have me back if elsewhere failed.

Shez has that affinity with Oldham Athletic. I don't doubt we'll have challenges in future and he may leave again. However he'd come back. It's more than just a club to him. Same goes for Dowie. I've met him loads of times outside of football and talked many subjects but he always first to mention Oldham and knows everything about the matches, players etc. He genuinely loves the club, follows every game and says it's one his most favourite periods of us career; playing and managing.

Except Dowie for all his love of the club wouldn't come back when he had chances.

Personally, I'm fed up of this cloaks and daggers managerial merry go round, if SC says Robinson will make a good manager in time why not give him the time, relegation or not?

can't figure out how I feel about all this .. until he pitched back up again we were an absolute certainty to be relegated and I believe it would have been a free fall from that day onwards.

I thought we may have gotten ourselves a decent manager in SR but obviously not .. hard luck, move on and thanks for coming!

I still think we'd be daft not to think we're gonna finally lose our place in L1 ... but I'm happier to think that at least we'll go down fighting if we do.

something must change in the general running of the club if we do, or if we don't go down!

roll on Saturday ... I'm away February & March in NZ (we generally win when I don't attend) so who knows we may scrape it ..

I'll still turn up when I can .. I'll still support my club ...

I'll still call Oldham Athletic MY team!

Except Dowie for all his love of the club wouldn't come back when he had chances.

I think you mentioned previously that you're retired now BP and may not have a mortgage (apologies if you're didn't) but if you was earning £30k per year but asked to come and manage OAFC for £5k per year then would you? Obviously Dowies on more than that and I think our club may have have increased their offer to £8k but mortgages have to be paid.

That said, I don't think cash was the issue - and I think Shez is the same case - but lack of playing budget and a plan no further than one transfer window to the next.

Edited by Midsblue

I think you mentioned previously that you're retired now BP and may not have a mortgage (apologies if you're didn't) but if you was earning £30k per year but asked to come and manage OAFC for £5k per year then would you? Obviously Dowies on more than that and I think our club may have have increased their offer to £8k but mortgages have to be paid.

That said, I don't think cash was the issue - and I think Shez is the same case - but lack of playing budget and a plan no further than one transfer window to the next.

I'm an average guy and have worked for clubs for nothing out of loyalty.

Those days have gone I admit, but some of these managers are millionaires and want more.

Let's keep him here long term and, I can't believe I'm saying this, replicate what Rochdale have done with longevity of both players and managers.

I want to see players make 150-200 appearances for us, opposed to the usual 40-50. That way, we can get a bit of affinity with the 11 guys out on the pitch and the club as a whole...

Let's keep him here long term and, I can't believe I'm saying this, replicate what Rochdale have done with longevity of both players and managers.

I want to see players make 150-200 appearances for us, opposed to the usual 40-50. That way, we can get a bit of affinity with the 11 guys out on the pitch and the club as a whole...

I agree and hopefully SC won't panic if we are relegated.

In his Radio Manchester inerviews he says that the main reason for him leaving was that most of the players he had brought in and wanted to keep were not going to be there the following season and he felt it was going to be a struggle (i.e. playing budget). But he did conceed that he got a very good financial offer to move.

In his Radio Manchester inerviews he says that the main reason for him leaving was that most of the players he had brought in and wanted to keep were not going to be there the following season and he felt it was going to be a struggle (i.e. playing budget). But he did conceed that he got a very good financial offer to move.

Strange, as he's certainly going to struggle with an even lower budget in future.

Is there a link to listen ?