New Manager: Shez Is Back

183 members have voted

1. 1. Correct decision

• Yes
    • No

Guest nonaenever

I know it's not going to happen and many won't agree with me, but it'd be nice if he offered an apology to us for the way he prostituted himself last summer, inviting advances from Bolton, Leeds and Notts before eventually jumping ship...

can't disagree with that - actually costs nothing to apologise and maybe eat a bit of humble pie. Will help placate those who need that and he can then get on with a very difficult job.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the team's sake, I`m glad about this. I think it also serves to illustrate that the Chairman et al do care about the club doesn't it?

If they didn't, they would just have left Robbo in position, saved a few bob in the process, and let us slide into the basement division (or not) as the case may have been. As it is, they have taken action to try and immediately improve our position. As someone else has said, I think, it also "puts to bed" some of the theories around why Shez left in the first place.

He is, in my opinion, certainly the right man for the moment - and hopefully for building in the medium to long term (if we dare use those phrases!).

Anyone know what odds you can get on us staying up? I`m not the betting type but wouldn't mind a little wager on this now.

Sorry but that is too rosy a view. Why on earth could Corney not have ensured that Sheridan stayed on, and probably we would have avoided all the grief of the last few months - and the club would surely have not been in as bad a situation, financially or points-wise. It is rank short-termism and incompetence from Corney, who only acts at one minute to midnight and doesn't give a damn for the fans or the managers whom he hires and fires.

I for one have already been singing. Welcome back HOPE! Not the hope I wanted but the hope that relegation is no longer our destiny.

Can't understand anybody feeling bad about this. The negative don't get out of position don't make any mistakes has gone. The positive is back.

It is utter bollocks that this shows TTA care. Sorry of course they care about their investment, their debt.. Care about our club? No nay never no more.

I know it's not going to happen and many won't agree with me, but it'd be nice if he offered an apology to us for the way he prostituted himself last summer, inviting advances from Bolton, Leeds and Notts before eventually jumping ship...

I don't want an apology. He isn't sorry.

I'd rather he just explained to some extent what happened last summer and then got on with the task at hand.

Guest nonaenever

Sorry but that is too rosy a view. Why on earth could Corney not have ensured that Sheridan stayed on, and probably we would have avoided all the grief of the last few months - and the club would surely have not been in as bad a situation, financially or points-wise. It is rank short-termism and incompetence from Corney, who only acts at one minute to midnight and doesn't give a damn for the fans or the managers whom he hires and fires.

Maybe.... but I`m on a high at the moment. Just glad I won't have to watch the dross I`ve watched most of this season and listen to the same thing week after week with no end in sight to the feeling of hopelessness. I am a realist, it will take a bit of time but I went to every game last season after Shez had been appointed and the difference was there for all to see once he'd got a grip. Yes, it was a battle - but that's exactly it - he got everyone fighting as a team by good management. Shrewsbury away epitomised it with Winchester's goal and Gerrard's great debut. Got a bit of hope again - the first reason to be optimistic for a long time - about a year actually!

Strong finish to season and renewals may not drop so much.

Poor finish and it's probably best not to think about it.

Perhaps the club could offer a Shez insurance on early bird season tickets. Piece of mind from as little as £1 a week. If he stays the pot goes to feeding starving footballers in the reserves.

LOL You do know it's only a job don't you?

Don't go showing interest in better jobs at bigger clubs to support your family you fkn whore!

LOL You do know it's only a job don't you?

Don't go showing interest in better jobs at bigger clubs to support your family you fkn whore!

Is that why you said he left back then. It was what I daid. People said I was gullible, that it's because he can see we are :censored:ed. But but, he left because the club was :censored:ed and it was Corneys fault and and...

I wish I could find the thread. There is no way he would come back if the reason he left was the one many believed and spouted so vehemently.

Edited by kowenicki

Is that why you said he left back then. It was what I daid. People said I was gullible, that it's because he can see we are :censored:ed. But but, he left because the club was :censored:ed and it was Corneys fault and and...

I wish I could find the thread. There is no way he would come back if the reason he left was the one many believed and spouted so vehemently.

He's out of work...

Quite looking forward to tomorrow's pre match interview if we get one

Don't think we'll get one. They do them on Thursdays these days. Which is probably why the Chron went to print with Robbo's departure this morning when the club told them today's press conference was cancelled.

First interview will probably be after the game on Saturday. He'll be busy enough between now and then.

So Baldrick this was the cunning plan.......

But it's going to be a lot tougher this time around. Welcomed back as messiah last time, left as a judas, so I don't think he's going get the same fans affection.

And the players..... Well not even the same quality or quantity this time around so it's going to be interesting how he's going to get them firing and scoring

He's he to do a job, like any job it's got to be of some worth to him as well as the employer.

Hmmmmm...hold on tight folks, second loop of the latics rollercoaster of the season is just about to start.

Edited by underdog

I know. Are you suggesting he will get no offers? Is he that :censored: that he can only take the worst job in football?

There are dozens of people apply for every manager's job that comes up. He can't have been 100% confident that he'd have walked into another job. Memories are short ad Notts County didn't go especially well