Chris Taylor

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

It's no secret that we are making serious enquiries to bring him back. I`m probably on an island of one here - but I don't think he's any answer at all. Would infinitely prefer Jose Baxter (and yes I realise he can't play rest of the season) or someone in his mould. I tend to agree with the Bolton fans that CT is a little "lightweight" - we have too many players like that (Banks, Mclaughlin for example).

We cannot afford to carry Banks and Green any more and need someone in the Matt Palmer mould (which Taylor isn't). I think Mclaughlin will be okay if we keep him on the right wing and build his confidence. Flynn is clearly capable but we need to build an effective midfield unit around him. Fane has been consistently the best of the bunch recently, in my opinion. Midfield is a massive problem for us - and getting it right will probably dictate whether we stay up or not.

I also still harbour doubts (and did do before it happened) over the Clarke/Gerrard partnership in the middle. Both good players at their own level in this division but not so sure about as a pairing. Hope the set piece goals we are starting to concede don't become too regular.

It's no secret that we are making serious enquiries to bring him back. I`m probably on an island of one here - but I don't think he's any answer at all. Would infinitely prefer Jose Baxter (and yes I realise he can't play rest of the season) or someone in his mould. I tend to agree with the Bolton fans that CT is a little "lightweight" - we have too many players like that (Banks, Mclaughlin for example).

We cannot afford to carry Banks and Green any more and need someone in the Matt Palmer mould (which Taylor isn't). I think Mclaughlin will be okay if we keep him on the right wing and build his confidence. Flynn is clearly capable but we need to build an effective midfield unit around him. Fane has been consistently the best of the bunch recently, in my opinion. Midfield is a massive problem for us - and getting it right will probably dictate whether we stay up or not.

I also still harbour doubts (and did do before it happened) over the Clarke/Gerrard partnership in the middle. Both good players at their own level in this division but not so sure about as a pairing. Hope the set piece goals we are starting to concede don't become too regular.

Sorry Nnn bull:censored: post that mate. Taylor would look like the Incredible Hulk compared to the three lightweight bottle merchants McGlaughlin Banks and Flynn. And he's very versatile so could help us no end. He would also give a :censored: about our survival. Can the sane be said of the aforementioned jokers ? I usually like what you post but disagree with pretty much all of it including the bit about ourtwo classy CB's. So is this the bit where I should throw out an insult towards you ?? Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Guest nonaenever

Sorry Nnn bull:censored: post that mate. Taylor would look like the Incredible Hulk compared to the three lightweight bottle merchants McGlaughlin Banks and Flynn. And he's very versatile so could help us no end. He would also give a :censored: about our survival. Can the sane be said of the aforementioned jokers ? I usually like what you post but disagree with pretty much all of it including the two classy CB's. So is this the bit where I should throw out an insult towards you ?

Hey - no problem - it's all about opinions - I never did really rate CT - sorry - and I do think he's a lightweight - too easily knocked off the ball and can't tackle. I know he's a local lad and all that just think the money would be better invested elsewhere. Sincerely hope I`m proved wrong!

Questions

The fact he can play on the left will that bring balance?

Will he run at defences?

Can he play anywhere in the front 6?

Will he take players on and win free kicks?

Will he shoot at goal?

Does he score goals?

Does he put crosses in?

Is he a gob:censored:e always in a refs ear?

Did Sheridan previously oversee the best spell of his career?

Will Chris Taylor improve this team?

Hey - no problem - it's all about opinions - I never did really rate CT - sorry - and I do think he's a lightweight - too easily knocked off the ball and can't tackle. I know he's a local lad and all that just think the money would be better invested elsewhere. Sincerely hope I`m proved wrong!

I think you would be proved wrong. Are u possibly comparing him to a time where he had better players around him in the team ? He would IMO be head and shoulders above these muppets. Like someone else had just posted he's not the answer alone but a part of it I believe. Come home Chrissy make ya mam proud ?

double post Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Questions

The fact he can play on the left will that bring balance?

Will he run at defences?

Can he play anywhere in the front 6?

Will he take players on and win free kicks?

Will he shoot at goal?

Does he score goals?

Does he put crosses in?

Is he a gob:censored:e always in a refs ear?

Did Sheridan previously oversee the best spell of his career?

Will Chris Taylor improve this team?

Yes to all although like JSS says he's only part of the solution.

We also need some midfielders who can press the oposition and more importantly pass.

I don't believe it's a case of too many lightweights as such we easily have enough muscle in this team in terms of the likes of Clarke Gerrard Fane and Holloway. What we needs from the likes of Banks and Flynn is for them to get hold of the midfield more and get hold of the ball.

The problem with both is that they drift too much in and out of games.

We need a Sheridan type player in midfield, put his foot on the ball, control the game then play a killer pass

Next we next need a real goal poacher with confidence, not pay extra for pace or potential but just someone who puts the ball in the effin net by playing off Holloway.

We (nearly) all love Taylor but if we have to choose between the above or him then pass

Guest nonaenever

I think you would be proved wrong. Are u possibly comparing him to a time where he had better players around him in the team ? He would IMO be head and shoulders above these muppets. Like someone else had just posted he's not the answer alone but a part of it I believe. Come home Chrissy make ya mam proud

Like I said, I really hope I am! I did say I was probably on an island of one (although a fellow desert islander looks as though he's with me) - there was a time when I rated him (and indeed SC mentioned to the fans at the meeting he'd turned down big money for him once when he was here) but he's well past his best, in my opinion. Little point comparing him to some of the current players - as we know some are utter dross - and that's the danger i.e. just because someone is "better" than what we have doesn't necessarily make them the right fit - presently, we have a finite money pot - needs to be spent very wisely on the type of player that will really help to keep us up this season.

P.S. at least you know I`m not here for popularity - I do have my own mind.

We've struggled mostly for the last ten years, you might say we've been downright :censored: but there's the issue. :censored: is good enough to survive in this league. Only epically :censored: gets you relegated....

Bang average players will keep us up. Any player capable of 5 or 6 goals before the end of the season will contribute massively towards our survival...

The fact that he loves the club and will give his all in each match to keep us up is enough for me ahead of the lads we have in there at the moment.

Oh and shall we start a sweepstake now based on who out of Clarke and Gerrard are the first to slap him in training?

My money is on Gerrard!

Edited by super_blue

We need a Sheridan type player in midfield, put his foot on the ball, control the game then play a killer pass

Next we next need a real goal poacher with confidence, not pay extra for pace or potential but just someone who puts the ball in the effin net by playing off Holloway.

We (nearly) all love Taylor but if we have to choose between the above or him then pass

Do you really believe that we have the funds for those sorts of choices?