Chris Taylor

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth a Bolton supporting mate who i havent spoke to in a long time just messaged me.

Taylor to sign for Latics sooner rather than later as Bolton are to announce 2 incoming players tommorrow. Its means 2 out and he be amazed if Taylor to Oldham wasnt already done and dusted.

It's no secret that we are making serious enquiries to bring him back. I`m probably on an island of one here - but I don't think he's any answer at all. Would infinitely prefer Jose Baxter (and yes I realise he can't play rest of the season) or someone in his mould. I tend to agree with the Bolton fans that CT is a little "lightweight" - we have too many players like that (Banks, Mclaughlin for example).

We cannot afford to carry Banks and Green any more and need someone in the Matt Palmer mould (which Taylor isn't). I think Mclaughlin will be okay if we keep him on the right wing and build his confidence. Flynn is clearly capable but we need to build an effective midfield unit around him. Fane has been consistently the best of the bunch recently, in my opinion. Midfield is a massive problem for us - and getting it right will probably dictate whether we stay up or not.

I also still harbour doubts (and did do before it happened) over the Clarke/Gerrard partnership in the middle. Both good players at their own level in this division but not so sure about as a pairing. Hope the set piece goals we are starting to concede don't become too regular.

Whatever his alleged faults - perceived, contrived or otherwise - he'll be our best player.

Hey - no problem - it's all about opinions - I never did really rate CT - sorry - and I do think he's a lightweight - too easily knocked off the ball and can't tackle. I know he's a local lad and all that just think the money would be better invested elsewhere. Sincerely hope I`m proved wrong!

Do you even like football?

Guest nonaenever

Do you even like football?

well, I`ve been watching Latics for over 40 years - so I suppose that means , no :omg:

Edited by nonaenever

Hey - no problem - it's all about opinions - I never did really rate CT - sorry - and I do think he's a lightweight - too easily knocked off the ball and can't tackle. I know he's a local lad and all that just think the money would be better invested elsewhere. Sincerely hope I`m proved wrong!

Aye, he was :censored:e when he tore Forest a new one to put us top of the league. He was :censored:e when he scored 11 goals from the left in a season. He was :censored:e when he left and would never amount to anything anywhere else. He was :censored:e when he won promotion with Millwall. And he was :censored:e playing in the Championship for a few years.

Aye, he was :censored:e when he tore Forest a new one to put us top of the league. He was :censored:e when he scored 11 goals from the left in a season. He was :censored:e when he left and would never amount to anything anywhere else. He was :censored:e when he won promotion with Millwall. And he was :censored:e playing in the Championship for a few years.

Don't think this ever happened - Millwall were already a Championship team by then. But the point still stands...!

Banks is a lanky Danny Boshell :censored: scared of a tackle. As :censored: as we were yesterday his break was our best second half moment. To throw himself to the ground like he did when in such a good position and on space with players either side may have cost us at least a point. Who knows? Compare that to Wilson who bought a ticket....

Banks is a lanky Danny Boshell :censored: scared of a tackle. As :censored: as we were yesterday his break was our best second half moment. To throw himself to the ground like he did when in such a good position and on space with players either side may have cost us at least a point. Who knows? Compare that to Wilson who bought a ticket....

If anything that's harsh on the Bosh. Trouble is he's tied down on a deal I believe. I can't see him growing some balls overnight, so what can we do ?

Don't think this ever happened - Millwall were already a Championship team by then. But the point still stands...!

You're quite right, sorry. Played for them after they went up, as you say, and was then part of the team that got to the playoff final a few years later.