Train to Wimbledon

Has anyone been on to the club about organising extra coaches? Could be the only way no?

I reckon this is the only way. I know some are staying over the Saturday night, but I think we could fill a few coaches travelling down in the morning. Booze buses obviously.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon this is the only way. I know some are staying over the Saturday night, but I think we could fill a few coaches travelling down in the morning. Booze buses obviously.

Now's the time to get it organised I reckon to keep the costs down (everyone will want to travel by coach that weekend). Might fire it the way of lookerstandandy because of his special relationship with the new Judith.

The club are very strict on booze.

Best off sort it independently if you want to drink.

Club coaches are truly the worst things in existence.

It's gonna be a ballache for Leeslover and Rosa to get there...and they're staying at my gaff in Peckham. :censored:ing trains are a scandal.

Not sure we're going. It just won't be the same if you're not there.

Megabus £3 there, £3 back. Admittedly, you'd probably need to make it an overnight stay. Booked in at New Malden near the station on the Saturday night thinking it'd be a quick hop on the train to Wimbledon then realised they play at Kingstonians. Which is 0.9miles from where I've booked. Happy days.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I right in thinking that contactless credit/debit cards now work in the same way as Oyster cards, with the same discounts compared with single fares?

FFS medic - don't ask London related public transport questions please. The OASIS lot will all be on boring us :censored:less in the manner of that Harry Enfield "no you don't want to do that, you wanna do this...." character.

FFS medic - don't ask London related public transport questions please. The OASIS lot will all be on boring us :censored:less in the manner of that Harry Enfield "no you don't want to do that, you wanna do this...." character.

....yeah medic, just stick to talking to Bosch and his mates in the manner of the Old Gits off Harry Enfield.......

Am I right in thinking that contactless credit/debit cards now work in the same way as Oyster cards, with the same discounts compared with single fares?

Yes they do...and they work perfectly in my experience. It might look like you're withdrawing a king's ransom but it rights itself at the end of the day.

Suprised the club haven't put the feelers out on this one as I'd expect there to be a decent take up on the coach travel for the game.

missed opportunity for the club/trust to have run a train too and from the game call rochdale castleton mills hill moston and victoria then off to wimbledon same on return hire the northwest pullman food at seats etc make it a bit of special day and get some funds in for either enterprise

2 hours ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

Booked virgin train to wimbledon, going sat morning coming back Sunday evening £49.

anyone know of any cheap accommodation? not worried if it's not too fancy, as long as it's clean and has a shower it'll do.

Youth Hostel. The nearest Premier Inn (Kingston) is £100+ for the Saturday night and was showing as not being available earlier if you wanted Friday and Saturday night earlier in the week. Friday, Saturday and Sunday was strangely fine though.

Its Army v Navy Egg chasing at Twickers that weekend. Think some hotels in the area might be pretty full.