General Election - 8th June 2017

Matt

On 2017-5-19 at 11:15 AM, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Your piss boiling isn't really about that though, is it? Your piss is boiling because the right wing press have told you for decades that someone over there has something that people over here might quite like. You won't lift a finger to help people to get that thing they want...but you're extremely energetic about getting it taken away from the people who have it. 

No, good luck to anyone who has one - I'd love one.

The piss boiling comes when they moan about them. 

I've had clients come out of them because unions have told them they're shit (they're back in now). That makes my piss boil too. 

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-5-18 at 11:27 PM, mikeroyboy said:

The NHS remit is unrecognisable from its inception in 1947. It is being abused by health tourists,  medical suppliers,  medical agencies and payoffs and re employment of senior management. 

That's always been the case to an extent.

The "problem" is we now have the highest standard of living we've ever had and many of us are eating and drinking ourselves ill..

Then people are hanging on for 10, 20, 30 years with ill health & conditions that would have killed them pretty quickly just 15 to 20 years ago. 

And, as a result, they're constantly at the doctors or hospital. 

Even so, for the 5th biggest employer in the world to be providing such a poor service is criminal. Literally in all likelihood. 

Edited by HarryBosch

Would the 4 largest employers be profit making with a definitive product to sell?

NHS budget at its inception in 1948, £437 Millions.

NHS budget 2015/16 £116 Billions.

The NHS is indeed massive and taken for granted by us all. It is also probably unmanageable by any form of political party.

We should all live in hope.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Even so, for the 5th biggest employer in the world to be providing such a poor service is criminal. Literally in all likelihood. 

And apart from bull-shit statistics from the media: your evidence is?

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

'Even so, for the 5th biggest employer in the world to be providing such a poor service is criminal. Literally in all likelihood'. 

Worlds top 4 employers:

(1) USA State Department of Defence 3.2 million

(2) Peoples Liberation Army of China, 2.3 million

(3) Walmart, 2.3 million

(4) McDonalds 1.9 million

No wonder you're a little shy of answering my question.

I'll chance my arm at 3 more: who are you really comparing our NHS with?

Are the top four above clear of criminals? 

Would anyone expect an organisation with 1.7 million employees to  be totally free of criminal acts?

I would love to debate your stance.

3 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

There are still millions of people who haven't registered to vote. The deadline is midnight on Monday 22nd May.

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

2 million have registered. Havent seen any recent info but I would hope that the lead in the polls of the lady in flat shoes is starting to be reduced.

5 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

2 million have registered. Havent seen any recent info but I would hope that the lead in the polls of the lady in flat shoes is starting to be reduced.

There is always the chance that some of them have registered to vote for parties other than Labour of course 

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

2 million is 4% of the electorate......of the 4% 53% are first time voters. Of the 1.1 million first voters who are savvy enough to register how many do you think support who....straws and clutching springs to mind

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

There is always the chance that some of them have registered to vote for parties other than Labour of course 

A large proportion will be younger voters (and some of them might have even thought that Winnie was a decent footballer too.) 

Edited by ChaddySmoker

1 hour ago, Magister said:

2 million is 4% of the electorate......of the 4% 53% are first time voters. Of the 1.1 million first voters who are savvy enough to register how many do you think support who....straws and clutching springs to mind

Can I just say that seeing the right wing provide some specific numbers is a bleeding marvellous thing.

(It might be 2M pensioners with houses worth over £100K)

Edited by ChaddySmoker

7 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Can I just say that seeing the right wing provide some specific numbers is a bleeding marvellous thing.

(It might be 2M pensioners with houses worth over £100K)

It certainly makes a change from Ms Abbotts  attempts at providing figures.....

50 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Oooh I see that the polls are changing. Is it squeeky bum time yet, Attila?

I see that your grey boring leader is not looking so good these days:

tory ukip.jpg

Putting aside  our point scoring comments Chaddy I am really interested in the political strategy of portraying as the bogeyman Farage who arguably won 52% of the vote last June. The bloke is a dislike able but what is the political strategy behind threatening the electorate with the choice they made 11 months ago and which is going to happen...strange one. Surely it just strengthens May's message of her being the one to stand up to Europe? 

12 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Worlds top 4 employers:

(1) USA State Department of Defence 3.2 million

(2) Peoples Liberation Army of China, 2.3 million

(3) Walmart, 2.3 million

(4) McDonalds 1.9 million

No wonder you're a little shy of answering my question.

I'll chance my arm at 3 more: who are you really comparing our NHS with?

Are the top four above clear of criminals? 

Would anyone expect an organisation with 1.7 million employees to  be totally free of criminal acts?

I would love to debate your stance.

You've lost me....

What have you decided my "stance" is? 

Edited by HarryBosch

1 hour ago, Magister said:

Putting aside  our point scoring comments Chaddy I am really interested in the political strategy of portraying as the bogeyman Farage who arguably won 52% of the vote last June. The bloke is a dislike able but what is the political strategy behind threatening the electorate with the choice they made 11 months ago and which is going to happen...strange one. Surely it just strengthens May's message of her being the one to stand up to Europe? 

I actually quite like Nigel Farage strangely enough as he has some personality but most people dont. Its a very witty billboard as they do look spookily alike. This election is not about Brexit anymore, which suits us after that Tory own goal of a manifesto. (uncosted)

The more right wing that Theresa Mightnot can be portrayed the better-it doesnt have to stand up to scrutiny. We are using the Daily Mail tactics-just spout it on a daily basis!

After her Triple whammy on pensioners (actually I do know that it is not) now is the time to hammer home the message.

Its all about Momentum

http://www.peoplesmomentum.com/

Edited by ChaddySmoker

2 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

It's about time there was a mention of football and music in this Election campaign!

:lol: 

I'd be fascinated to hear what the thought process was behind him dressing the smartest he's ever dressed to speak to a pissed up, drugged up Libertines crowd at a football ground in Birkenhead....? 

Edited by HarryBosch