General Election - 8th June 2017

Matt

45 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He probably won't.   He'll probably never need social care.

And - I'm just guessing - but, like most people (the many, not the few if you will :grin: ) he probably leads a multi faceted life that involves lots of far more interesting stuff than hoarding every penny he possibly can for his kids and grand kids inheritance...

And he'll soon, once again, be as blissfully unaware of the minutiae of this policy as he was of the current more punitive one it's replacing...

thVDR5JCE4.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

You could call it a climbdown rather than a U-turn, perhaps, but it would be a disingenuous act to imply nothing has changed.

Even the Murdoch press are pointing this out.

Blimey are you giving credence  to the Murdoch press now? ...... that would be some U turn ?

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Apparently, Labours plans around tuition fees will benefit most the graduates who earn the most and make little difference to most working class students...

Is there a theme evolving here?

https://election2017.ifs.org.uk/article/labour-s-higher-education-proposals-will-cost-8bn-per-year-although-increase-the-deficit-by-more-graduates-who-earn-most-in-future-would-benefit-most

And, it seems they're after sending every man and his dog to University again like last time....

If they're not going to do something that a degree will specifically aid I'd rather my kids learn a trade or something....

On the other hand, if my lad is honest about it and wants to spend 3 years balls deep in beer & women and worry about life later I'd respect his honesty and support him 100%....

Not his sister though....

:lol:

Absolutely! Have Labour lost the plot or thrown the towel in....today's flagship policy and massive spending commitment is to provide a free Oxbridge education for Etonians and other public school boys. They will be queuing round the block in Fitton Hill to vote for that!

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, HarryBosch said:

You've lost me....

What have you decided my "stance" is? 

Sorry but I’m on holiday and events have overtaken me. 

I haven’t placed your stance on criminality within the NHS.

After a fair assessment of the role and challenges of todays NHS you end with the teasingly toxic use of the words ‘criminal’ and ‘literally in all likelihood’, without a sniff of an example or what you mean. Merely highlighting the multitude of people the NHS employs.

The NHS pays out millions for medical mistakes but how many are criminal? Management is poor in my view, but criminal?  

The vast majority in an in-patient survey were reasonably satisfied with their experience. 84% from a circa 83,000 response rated their overall experience between 7 and10.

The other 14% is worrying and needs addressing but the NHS deals with over 1million patients every 36 hours. It is open 24/7 and never knows (to some extent) whether there will be 10 people coming through the door or 20 at any given time.

Some of the NHS mistakes are tragically appalling but in general the service is good.

The stats are not taken from the Daily Mail, Guardian or the BBC.     

6 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

He probably won't. 

Is it 1 in 10 people that need it now? That means the probability is that he won't. Doesn't it? 

Jesus, do I have to explain it all in simple terms? The worry is not the fraction of the possibility, it is the possibility itself.

A 100% tax on ones estate-that is the chance or at least it was until today but hang on it still might be.

The cap could be set at a million-she will not say until after a Green paper, good grief how weak and vague could anyone be.

What a complete cock up!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

54 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Jesus, do I have to explain it all in simple terms? The worry is not the fraction of the possibility, it is the possibility itself.

A 100% tax on ones estate-that is the chance or at least it was until today but hang on it still might be.

The cap could be set at a million-she will not say until after a Green paper, good grief how weak and vague could anyone be.

What a complete cock up!

But you'd still be able to leave 100k. If you even have that much to leave 

11 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Sorry but I’m on holiday and events have overtaken me. 

I haven’t placed your stance on criminality within the NHS.

After a fair assessment of the role and challenges of todays NHS you end with the teasingly toxic use of the words ‘criminal’ and ‘literally in all likelihood’, without a sniff of an example or what you mean. Merely highlighting the multitude of people the NHS employs.    

I'd be amazed if at least some misappropriation of tax payers money doesn't play a part in the worlds 5th largest employer ultimately providing such a poor service. 

On 23 May 2017 at 11:54 AM, singe said:

As the parties have suspended campaigning as a mark of respect, I think we should suspend comments on this thread for the time being.

Everybody rightly agreed and complied with your appropriate suggestion Singe

However this morning I get up to this

" I would not put it past our establishment , our right wing government or Theresa May herself to blow up their own people in order to continue to secure power for themselves"

This is not a quote from some random zealot ....it is the appointed vice chair of the Labour Party in Ester and Walton in Surrey.

2 hours ago, Magister said:

Everybody rightly agreed and complied with your appropriate suggestion Singe

However this morning I get up to this

" I would not put it past our establishment , our right wing government or Theresa May herself to blow up their own people in order to continue to secure power for themselves"

This is not a quote from some random zealot ....it is the appointed vice chair of the Labour Party in Ester and Walton in Surrey.

And the thoughtless propaganda starts again. 

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Jeremy?     :icon_peace:   

The latest round of right wing bollocks will last all over the weekend probably.

Of course the right-wing press will mix it into the bollocks about Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser and inflate the whole thing as much as they can.  Having said that, Corbyn must be royally pissed off that Ewen came out with it and I reckon this would have ended up in the news, even if it had been a Tory.

Even for the Scum, sticking with the 'BLOOD ON HIS HANDS' headline the morning after the Manchester bombing was disgusting.

17 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Of course the right-wing press will mix it into the bollocks about Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser and inflate the whole thing as much as they can.  Having said that, Corbyn must be royally pissed off that Ewen came out with it and I reckon this would have ended up in the news, even if it had been a Tory.

The thing that amazes me is that Jezza is accused of using Manchester as part of his election campaign when he explains his long held beliefs about invading other countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan and getting involved in Libya Syria etc.

Mrs Mayhem and Boris etc then lay into his comments as (a stated) part of their election campaign quoting Manchester left right and centre and nobody questions why they are using the Manchester atrocity as a blatant part of their campaigning. It is such obvious double standards. But the press wont see (report) it, will they!

I think attacks in places like Sweden, Germany and even France undermine Corbyn's arguments around "be nice to them and they won't attack us".

He is consistent in his views.  But I really can't see his pacifist tendencies being a good thing should it ever come to needing to push the button.

Meanwhile the woman likely to be in charge with sorting out Brexit can't even sort out her own manifesto for an election which looked unloseable.

11 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

I think attacks in places like Sweden, Germany and even France undermine Corbyn's arguments around "be nice to them and they won't attack us".

He is consistent in his views.  But I really can't see his pacifist tendencies being a good thing should it ever come to needing to push the button.

Meanwhile the woman likely to be in charge with sorting out Brexit can't even sort out her own manifesto for an election which looked unloseable.

He would push the button and sparklers would go off. They'd have rid of our nuclear weapons as soon as they could.