General Election - 8th June 2017

Matt

15 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Sorry I didn't realise you were having a personal conversation on a public message board. My post was referenced by CS and you refuted it. You know as well as I do, because I know several of them personally, that self employed contractors earning upwards of £70k a year pay virtually no tax, despite having very few actual business overheads. They just have good Accountants. If you deny that you are either lying or really don't understand your supposed expertise. Which is it?

Yes self employed contractors, particularly in certain sectors, do that. If you are saying that is typical of the self employed then you are lying or have a narrow understanding, which may not be your fault. 

Edited by kowenicki

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes self employed contractors, particularly in certain sectors, do that. If you are saying that is typical of the self employed then you are lying or have a narrow understanding, which may not be your fault. 

No you're right I know lots of self employed people queueing up to pay more tax.

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Self employed / shareholders. Wtf are you talking about. 

You are also confusing revenue and profit. Yes a good accountant should be able to use tax allowances and deductibles to reduce gross profit for a self employed individual.  But if the final profit after this is 100k then that's it. You will pay tax on that. There is no alchemy to avoiding tax on those earnings unless you want to commit a crime. You haven't got a clue in taxation and finance. Luckily it's my field so I can help you and educate you. 

Jesus yet again you are incapable of following a conversation/topic. Let me remind you. You stated that someone earning £100K etc---you never stated self employed.

But If they were self employed they shouldnt bleeding be-it would be quite clear advice. NB People earning £100K tend to look around and get advice.

They would form a Company which has shareholders. I am not going to waste my time explaining what they do. They pay <20% tax (well, now a little more.)

If this is your field its no wonder you are on a messageboard all day long.

By the way may I bring to your attention that THE MAYBOT HAS CRASHED THIS EVENING.-the whispers have been around for a while

Edited by ChaddySmoker

16 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Jesus yet again you are incapable of following a conversation/topic. Let me remind you. You stated that someone earning £100K etc---you never stated self employed.

But If they were self employed they shouldnt bleeding be-it would be quite clear advice. NB People earning £100K tend to look around and get advice.

They would form a Company which has shareholders. I am not going to waste my time explaining what they do. They pay <20% tax (well, now a little more.)

If this is your field its no wonder you are on a messageboard all day long.

By the way may I bring to your attention that THE MAYBOT HAS CRASHED THIS EVENING.-the whispers have been around for a while

Not that simple pal. I do earn more than that, do have a limited company and do pay more tax than that. Admittedly when I sold my partnership to my ltd company I was able to reduce tax significantly for some time. But that can't last forever and tax is inevitable.  I also paid a shit load of tax, more than many, probably you, will ever pay in their lifetimes. I'm not complaining, but it is a fact..... 'but people who earn over 100k don't pay hardly any tax!!!??' Bullshit. Utter bullshit. What do you do? Earn? Or is it a secret? Why the chip on your shoulder? 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Not that simple pal. I do earn more than that, do have a limited company and do pay more tax than that. Admittedly when I sold my partnership to my ltd company I was able to reduce tax significantly for some time. But that can't last forever and tax is inevitable.  I also paid a shit load of tax, more than many, probably you, will ever pay in their lifetimes. I'm not complaining, but it is a fact..... 'but people who earn over 100k don't pay hardly any tax!!!??' Bullshit. Utter bullshit. What do you do? Earn? Or is it a secret? Why the chip on your shoulder? 

Why are you righties so keen to humble brag all the time. ha

7 hours ago, blueatheart said:

I'll criticise people for their choices but they should be helped and society and government can and are doing that.

To take Harry's point further, what would have happened to them in the 1960s, 1920s or 1860s?

As I said earlier we've moved on, it matters what happens now - and you'd think we'd learn. I dunno, just because it is more difficult to exploit vulnerable people doesn't mean we're lucky in terms of prosperity. This thread alone only acts to reinforce the notion that as a society, we're fucked.

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

My liege,

you should have said you pay more tax than any of ever will, your opinion is now worth more. When Tories ask "why does no-one like us?" I present Exhibit A. 

Edited by View Of Golden Gate

42 minutes ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

My liege,

you should have said you pay more tax than any of ever will, your opinion is now worth more. When Tories ask "why does no-one like us?" I present Exhibit A. 

He's probably the type to sack his fleet of PA's if they mis book his next flight to Wall St and he has to turn right not left when he boards the plane. Assuming he hasn't got more private jets than the rest of us will ever have of course.

21 minutes ago, leeslover said:

You said any society in the world 

I should have said OECD countries, but I stand by the point I was making.  Rather than discussing the exact wording  I'd welcome your view on the impact of  low pay and pay inequality

Edited by joe_lead

43 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

He's probably the type to sack his fleet of PA's if they mis book his next flight to Wall St and he has to turn right not left when he boards the plane. Assuming he hasn't got more private jets than the rest of us will ever have of course.

I almost certainly come from a poorer background than everyone here too.  Birds custard for tea and hiding from the rent man behind the sofa.   

Some of us strive, some of us moan and demand we are funded to stay where we are.  The left prefer the latter, keeps their support strong. 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I almost certainly come from a poorer background than everyone here too.  Birds custard for tea and hiding from the rent man behind the sofa.   

Some of us strive, some of us moan and demand we are funded to stay where we are.  The left prefer the latter, keeps their support strong. 

All we had was a hole in the ground...

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

??you're on an Oldham message Board, claiming that you almost certainly come from a poorer background than everyone here is just your little fantasy isn't it. You cannot possibly know. 

I see the new champion of the left, Mr Lineker will face a hefty tax bill after evaded tax through a bogus scheme.  Doubt he will tweet about this one.  Geldof and Ant & Dec also used it.. no doubt another group of Corbyn fans.  Fucking hypocrites all of them. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I see the new champion of the left, Mr Lineker will face a hefty tax bill after evaded tax through a bogus scheme.  Doubt he will tweet about this one.  Geldof and Ant & Dec also used it.. no doubt another group of Corbyn fans.  Fucking hypocrites all of them. 

This post brought to you by the Wolf of George St. It's his field you know.

2 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

??you're on an Oldham message Board, claiming that you almost certainly come from a poorer background than everyone here is just your little fantasy isn't it. You cannot possibly know. 

Yeah. I can. I lived in a private rental slum with an outside toilet and ice on the inside of windows in the winter. We had literally less than nothing for my entire childhood.  That's not average is it.  I'm not moaning or complaining I'm simply saying your insulting view of who and what I am is way off.  Do come back with another insult or snide remark... #itswhattheleftdo