General Election - 8th June 2017

Matt

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think the Tories will still win by a landslide regardless of what polls say. What I've noticed this election is as soon as anybody on social media dares to saw that they are voting for the Tories, they're jumped on by keyboard warriors and vilified for their opinion. It reminds me of when anybody dared to say they were voting for 'Brexit' and similarly what happened in America when anybody risked saying they were going to vote for 'Trump'. I think this is the reason Polls are so far wide of the mark.....As soon as people get in that little private space - they can say what they want without fear of abuse. Just have to look at Brexit and Trump for that....

Corbyn will pack in as leader of Labour and all the MP's who've been right up his 'arris for the last 2 months will go back to saying how terrible he is.

Personally, I can't vote for a team that consists of Corbyn, Thornberry, Mcdonnel, Abbott and Long-Bailey.....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think the Tories will still win by a landslide regardless of what polls say. What I've noticed this election is as soon as anybody on social media dares to saw that they are voting for the Tories, they're jumped on by keyboard warriors and vilified for their opinion. It reminds me of when anybody dared to say they were voting for 'Brexit' and similarly what happened in America when anybody risked saying they were going to vote for 'Trump'. I think this is the reason Polls are so far wide of the mark.....As soon as people get in that little private space - they can say what they want without fear of abuse. Just have to look at Brexit and Trump for that....

Corbyn will pack in as leader of Labour and all the MP's who've been right up his 'arris for the last 2 months will go back to saying how terrible he is.

Personally, I can't vote for a team that consists of Corbyn, Thornberry, Mcdonnel, Abbott and Long-Bailey.....

Clinton got nearly 3m more votes than Trump, it's only because their electoral system makes ours look sensible that he got in.

18 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Clinton got nearly 3m more votes than Trump, it's only because their electoral system makes ours look sensible that he got in.

1.5% of the voting public. (Although 93m plus didnt even bother to vote... and who can blame them given the awful choice of a lying megalomaniac and a proper nutter) 

If Clinton couldn't beat Trump (even in that voting system) it should tell you a lot. Vile woman.

Trumps election win is Obama's only legacy.  Obama left a country more divided than ever. He let a LOT of people down... a potential lesson there for someone...

15 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

I'm not so sure. He'll point to ten points gained in the polls means he's made his worth so far.

Poll share won't matter though, these numbers are just polls. Vote share and seats will. If he can increase seats (he surely will) then he will stay.

I actually think it may it may be very, very close.  I don't see a landslide at all. 

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

1.5% of the voting public. (Although 93m plus didnt even bother to vote... and who can blame them given the awful choice of a lying megalomaniac and a proper nutter) 

If Clinton couldn't beat Trump (even in that voting system) it should tell you a lot. Vile woman.

Trumps election win is Obama's only legacy.  Obama left a country more divided than ever. He let a LOT of people down... a potential lesson there for someone...

He needs to win first! I'm no Clinton apologist it just strikes me as perverse that in a country's presidential election the person with the popular vote loses. I know it's happened before of course.

you do all realise this whole election is part of a reality tv show for the occupants of the planet zog ? 

the premis of the show is for contestants to get the worst possible candidate elected by the populace .

season one ran in the usa and the winner of that season is gonna take some beating 

season two was the french and ended up a poor finish 

season three ? we will know the outcome of that on friday morning :)

Any apathy is perhaps understandable.

We are only in this position because of Brexit.

And in my opinion Brexit only happened because of shear brass neck, pig headed stubbornness and a crippling inability to change tack/mind on anything important by Brussels hierarchy

From the outset it was never understood/considered how complex increasing the Union with different cultures, mentality and wealth (to state just 3) was going to be.

In particular, the UK citizens signed up for a Common Market. When were we ever asked about an unelected Federal Commission, and Federal Court? Never.

Germany rules the roost within the Eurozone, quite understandably. They have the largest financial responsibility when the frequent financial crisis's occur. Many of the others have now found to their cost there is no way out.

We are going to have problems but we are not in the Eurozone, we have a strong economy and we are, by majority, independently minded.

If were independent at the moment who amongst us would vote to join the Union?

There is rising unrest in Europe and has been for some time. While we were grovelling for change the Commission were stubbornly intransigent and over confident that the referendum would go their way.

The centre right of Europe are closing in and the Eurocrats are beginning to realise that. For the time being they will be eager to show the other members, leaving is not an option.

Why would that be you should ask.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

It is funny.  Its also terrifying that this inept fool could be anywhere near government let alone HOME SECRETARY!

Didn't see it I was out campaigning. She's a weak link no doubt but if she's failed to hit every target set her like the previous Home Sec now PM and cut the police force by 20k and allowed 3 successful terror attacks in 4 months you'll be right to criticise her at the next election.

48 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

and allowed 3 successful terror attacks in 4 months

Come on... Nobody 'allows' for this to happen. These people dont care who is in charge... They care about us living the way we do. These are typical cheap shots from labour supporters which is the point i outlined before. Anybody who comes out as a supporter is shot down... 

7/7 happened on labours watch but did people blame them for allowing it to happen? 

Being at fault is something you can have an opinion on and blame someone for if you so wish but to say someone 'allowed' it to happen implies they sat back and watched 

Edited by Fruitygoo

50 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Didn't see it I was out campaigning. She's a weak link no doubt but if she's failed to hit every target set her like the previous Home Sec now PM and cut the police force by 20k and allowed 3 successful terror attacks in 4 months you'll be right to criticise her at the next election.

Go watch it.... But prepare to hide behind your sofa 

7 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

a weak link... ha.  She is incompetent, stupid and a bigot. 

On 02/06/2017 at 10:00 AM, rummytheowl said:

May's manifesto outlines that the independent Serious Fraud Office will come under political control by being swallowed up by the National Crime Agency. The loss of independence is made worse because of Government connections to the most corrupt-prone industries. Liam Fox is involved with seven defence sector companies, and Shell. It kind of opens up a cloak-and-dagger approach to trade with a Government which is desperate to trade with any cunt post Brexit.

I picked up something else which is related to this, UK Exports Finance. In the 2017 Conservative Manifesto it also indicates that the Government, if elected, will 'put UK Export Finance, which ensures that no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance, at the heart of the UK’s trade promotion proposition'. On the face of it this sounds like the right thing to do, what with Brexit n'all - however, over the years Richard Brooks' investigative journalism uncovered a 'civil equipment' scandal that will almost certainly be the bedrock to May's Great British world market vanguard. Fucking bent from top to bottom. Accepting and turning a blind eye to corruption and bribery, and another instance of the independent Serious Fraud Office being ignored.

Here's the podcast, there's also a nice little article about how forensics was privatized, taking the study out of the hands of independents all in the name of making it look like 'we're privatizing and saving money' - then only to become corrupt and inaccurate to the point where there maybe incarcerations based on the bad data this service now provides. The shocking thing now is that the Police want to create the independent Forensic Science Service again, which means the privatization was a nonsense and cost millions.

7 hours ago, Fruitygoo said:

Come on... Nobody 'allows' for this to happen. These people dont care who is in charge... They care about us living the way we do. These are typical cheap shots from labour supporters which is the point i outlined before. Anybody who comes out as a supporter is shot down... 

7/7 happened on labours watch but did people blame them for allowing it to happen? 

Being at fault is something you can have an opinion on and blame someone for if you so wish but to say someone 'allowed' it to happen implies they sat back and watched 

I think there are serious questions to answer about whether May's cuts have contributed to increased terrorist activity given Manchester and London Bridge attackers were known to security services. That's not just me ex military Paddy Ashdown thinks so too.

i also believe an independent public enquiry is needed to examine claims that Abedi was linked to the Libyan Islamist Fighters Group, that groups link to other Islamist terror groups and also its links to carrying out British Foreign policy by proxy in fighting to overthrow Gaddifi in 2011. It would be quite something if May was found to support known Islamist terror groups wouldn't it? Besides the Saudi government of course.

32 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I think there are serious questions to answer about whether May's cuts have contributed to increased terrorist activity given Manchester and London Bridge attackers were known to security services. That's not just me ex military Paddy Ashdown thinks so too.

i also believe an independent public enquiry is needed to examine claims that Abedi was linked to the Libyan Islamist Fighters Group, that groups link to other Islamist terror groups and also its links to carrying out British Foreign policy by proxy in fighting to overthrow Gaddifi in 2011. It would be quite something if May was found to support known Islamist terror groups wouldn't it? Besides the Saudi government of course.

You've missed my point completely..... I actually stated that someone could be deemed as 'at fault' but you stated she ALLOWED it to happen which is poorly worded. 

I think Blair was at fault for 7/7 but i dont think he allowed it to happen. It insinuates that May has let 3 attacks happen to help improve  her position somehow. 

9 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

You've missed my point completely..... I actually stated that someone could be deemed as 'at fault' but you stated she ALLOWED it to happen which is poorly worded. 

I think Blair was at fault for 7/7 but i dont think he allowed it to happen. It insinuates that May has let 3 attacks happen to help improve  her position somehow. 

Allow can be defined as giving the necessary opportunity or time for.....

I'm happy for my comments to stand.