Just now, yarddog73 said:

As good as he was under Shez he was a poor player for Robinson with the exception of Bury away were he was the best player on the pitch.

Thought he started well then just didn't continue. I think what we saw under Shez is the player he is. Glad he's signed 

52 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

If anyone can pick a midfielder and get the best out of them, it's Shez. We could be seeing the best of Green next season.

Other clubs have probably seen the best of him to be fair, unlikely to improve at his age.

Is that our central midfield sorted now? Is anyone else going to come in unless one goes, most likely Flynn. 5 already.

2 goalies , left wing back and 3 strikers and I think that's us done.

14 hours ago, Simpo said:

The whole squad will benefit from having most of it together from Day 1 of pre season, and a prepared manager, rather than putting together a side as we go. Green included.

You would have thought we could have pursued this type of thinking previously.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

We have done, often.

It hasn't made much difference.

I think so. It's the combination of having a squad that finished the season well kept mostly intact, with a manager we know and trust (trust with football matters, not necessarily staying at the club matters!)

Last time this was the case was 2014/15 under Lee Johnson, and we started really well. In and around the playoffs til the Ched Evans nonsense.

Doesn't guarantee success, but it helps.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Aye but as it stands we won't have Erwin, Hunt, Ripley and Taylor so team is still going to look pretty different.

Erwin was largely shite, Hunt played very little and Taylor was on the whole anonymous so three of that four won't be difficult to replace. 

53 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Erwin was largely shite, Hunt played very little and Taylor was on the whole anonymous so three of that four won't be difficult to replace. 

Erwin Is a decent player. We would be lucky to have him back here next season. Just my opinion but I didn't think he was 'largely shite' rather he was poorly handled and we saw his true potential under Shez. 

Difficult to replace I think.

1 hour ago, losesome said:

Erwin scored some vital goals in the last few matches and looked  a completely different player under Shez.

I would have him back anytime , hopefully on another season long loan !!

when situations like this arise, I often think that players who 'may' be offered a chance to come back, could potentially remember the absolute dogs abuse he's received from the fans up until those last games where he showed what he can do. It would be a real shame if so!