Blackpool (A)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Can anybody at the game confirm the scorer. If it is Holloway then it doesn't matter what he did for the rest does it ? Job done as a striker 

3 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Who cares who scored the goal?

It was a consolation...we have ZERO points.

And a comedian running the club.

This.  Even if it was Holloway, he doesnt do enough, we lost, its a given some of tbe balls he gets are shat,  but for me he doesnt win enough ball, at one point he tried to beat 3 players with a turn when a simple pass would od done... i want him to be a good player for us but at the moment i just dont see it.

2-2 on second half performance would of been deserved, still feel we have a side in there but first half was sitting watching the game with my brother in law who has not seen us before, he plays Irish League but game was called off due to flooding, hes a defender and after 15 mins said our defensive shape was shocking, asked had we ever played this formation before !!  I would give 3 at the back up, it doesnt work for us.

Edited by deckyd

12 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

All the are we aren't we getting new money must be doing Shez's head in - does he go for bargain basement players and be stuck with them for the season or does hr wait for the possible new money.

I think it's down to what ever happens this week in terms of investment/ ownership. We have lots of injuries so what ever type of player Shez brings in will depend on investment or lack of. May see some youth loans if no new money. Be interesting to see what happens before the deadline. 

Edited by ChrisRichard
Typo

54 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said: Can anybody at the game confirm the scorer. If it is Holloway then it doesn't matter what he did for the rest does it ? Job done as a striker 

" Job done as a striker" if he scored..........well he has only ever scored in one game for us and in none since he returned so by your own  benchmark he is a complete disaster.  

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What have you heard and from who?  

its a rumour i heard.. lets wait until monday to see if its true.

p s i hope to god its true becuase things are going from bad to worse, dread to think what the next home games crowd will be,

Edited by rigsby

So are players fit or are they all knackered from a preseason that was too harsh and a squad that wasnt big enough for too many games?

We look unfit but then we shot our load for 25 minutes and then has no energy for the final push.

Overheard in the ground a million on one things about the dale of the club and new owner!

No smoke without fire but 99% was probably made up bull shit! 

Not one good thing heard by the way,  varied from worrying to unbeliable to cuckoo - fkn Oldham fans make my laugh! :)

First half was a shambles. Absolutely shambolic performance. Up there with Crewe away the other year that. 

Second half we actually started to play a bit of football, the atmosphere lifted too and you could see the players actually started to try. That's all we want...if we lose to a team better than us but give 100% then it is what it is but first half the players genuinely couldn't give a toss. 

No idea why when we scored we then decided to not play football again...Hoofing it across pitch which never works.

3 at the back isn't working, looked much better when it was changed to 442. 

Mantack played well when he came on but on a couple of occasions when he could have bombed up the pitch...he chose to wait and I assume, wait for Dummigan to overlap but ended up losing the ball...frustrating as he changed it.

Fawns should be starting, looked a bit lost at times out wide but offers more than some of the other midfielders. Glad Fane went off he had a mare.

Overall I think a draw would have been fair, that being said...Blackpool missed a couple of absolute sitters. 

Defence is far too slow, Wilson and Gerrard get burned by everyone and anyone...Clarke at least normally wins it back if he isn't quick enough. 4 at the back and I'd play Hunt in his position (not in fucking CM) and bring Stott in either LB or in the Centre with Clarke. 

Improvement needed...And no way all those players are injured/ill all of a sudden. Something a bit weird going on...my dad mentioned this morning he saw McLaughlin at the club just after the coach had left...he had all his gear with him but was walking back to his car. 

Players didn't deserve that following/atmosphere...imagine if we were actually remotely good!

7 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Players didn't deserve that following/atmosphere...imagine if we were actually remotely good!

Totally agree, whatevers going on to let down that many of your own fans is bordering on unforgivable, what a shit attitude for the manager/players to have regardless of the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Totally agree, whatevers going on to let down that many of your own fans is bordering on unforgivable, what a shit attitude for the manager/players to have regardless of the circumstances.

The fans could be heard loud and clear on Iplayer singing away.  First half the team were lackluster to say the least.  Second half at least they showed some desire.

Edited by deckyd