Shay Given in Latics talks...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

For the moment, 2 weeks left in the window.

Window doesn't technically matter at our level. 

Can sign anyone out of contract up to late-March.

Would think there will be plenty of out-of-contract GKs available for a few months.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Lets see if we sign another keeper then, I've had it on pretty good authority another keeper will only be signed on an emergency loan if needed.

I'm not sure what that will prove? You said that Wilson taking the no12 was a 'smoke screen'. Maybe we had someone lined up, maybe it's Wilson's lucky number, maybe he requested it? You don't know but you are quick to cast aspersions, again...

Pretty good authority? Lol yeah right! Everybody has a source, do you not read this message board.

Someone correct me if im wrong please but arent emergency loans a thing of the past?

You can only buy/loan within the window now right? It may be different rules for keepers but if we are loaning a keeper in an emergency why not loan him earlier?

12 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Someone correct me if im wrong please but arent emergency loans a thing of the past?

You can only buy/loan within the window now right? It may be different rules for keepers but if we are loaning a keeper in an emergency why not loan him earlier?

Clue is in the word...

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Clue is in the word...

Worthwhile input as usual Ricky. <_<

Just a snippet from the sort last year.

The 2016/17 season is upon us and the start of radical alterations to the loan system have come into force. But what do these changes mean for clubs up and down the country? With the help of Sky SportsFootball League expert Ian Holloway, Jack Wilkinson examines...

World football's governing body FIFA has scrapped the emergency loan window in a bid to protect the "sporting integrity of competitions", with these measures affecting English football at the start of the upcoming season.

Until now, emergency loans had allowed clubs in the Football and National Leagues to sign players on deals ranging between 28 and 93 days in two periods outside of the regular transfer windows.

The new proposal, however, means clubs are no longer permitted to do so, severing what has rapidly become a vital tool for clubs and players up and down the country.

35 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

No, you can sign a GK on an emergency loan (7 days at a time) if you have no available GKs. 

8 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Worthwhile input as usual Ricky. <_<

Just a snippet from the sort last year.

The 2016/17 season is upon us and the start of radical alterations to the loan system have come into force. But what do these changes mean for clubs up and down the country? With the help of Sky SportsFootball League expert Ian Holloway, Jack Wilkinson examines...

World football's governing body FIFA has scrapped the emergency loan window in a bid to protect the "sporting integrity of competitions", with these measures affecting English football at the start of the upcoming season.

Until now, emergency loans had allowed clubs in the Football and National Leagues to sign players on deals ranging between 28 and 93 days in two periods outside of the regular transfer windows.

The new proposal, however, means clubs are no longer permitted to do so, severing what has rapidly become a vital tool for clubs and players up and down the country.

You can't just decide to have one keeper and then pick up an emergency one if need be, doesn't work like that.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You can't just decide to have one keeper and then pick up an emergency one if need be, doesn't work like that.

Well why don't you explain what the system is then?

I can't work out whether you are a proper depressive, a wind up merchant or a troll

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Well why don't you explain what the system is then?

I can't work out whether you are a proper depressive, a wind up merchant or a troll

Clue is in the title David, the exact wording will be available to view online somewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if FL are keeping an eye on us wondering what we are playing at to be honest.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Clue is in the title David, the exact wording will be available to view online somewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if FL are keeping an eye on us wondering what we are playing at to be honest.

This is generally a sort of forum where people exchange views and information. You appear to have set views and no wish to share information - hard to imagine what you get out of it really.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

This is generally a sort of forum where people exchange views and information. You appear to have set views and no wish to share information - hard to imagine what you get out of it really.

What else is there to explain David? It's discretionary, so the idea that you can just pick one up when you want isn't true.

As I say, Football League or whoever might well be asking the question shortly as to why we've only got one keeper on the books.

The only exceptions to the recall rule is regarding goalkeepers and development squad. Goalkeepers CAN be recalled to a parent club on 24 hours notice if there are not two fit stoppers at the club. Additionally, clubs can still bring in a keeper on an emergency loan of seven days duration of they do not have a ‘senior’ keeper of their own available to them who has made at least five appearances.

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The only exceptions to the recall rule is regarding goalkeepers and development squad. Goalkeepers CAN be recalled to a parent club on 24 hours notice if there are not two fit stoppers at the club. Additionally, clubs can still bring in a keeper on an emergency loan of seven days duration of they do not have a ‘senior’ keeper of their own available to them who has made at least five appearances.

Cheers Dave!