Shay Given in Latics talks...

12 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

That'd be like making Boris Johnson foreign secretary.

Yes Trump is President, Johnson is Foreign Secretary, ..and Corbyn ihad a worse result than Gordon Brown. ....funny  place the real world. You should try it some time

Edited by Magister
Misprint

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I think Kettings was injured for that game, he picked up a knock for a couple of weeks.

Having only 1 keeper for a game or two isn't that bad, only having 1 for an entire season is plain stupid.

I disagree.  I think it's incredibly amateurish in this day and age not to have a sub keeper in the professional game, where you can name seven subs, only three of which can be used,  It makes no sense not to have the insurance of a back up in case the first choice is injured or sent off.  Imagine how fucking stupid we'd look if Wilson got injured in the warm up tomorrow.  The game would be lost before kick off.

8 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I disagree.  I think it's incredibly amateurish in this day and age not to have a sub keeper in the professional game, where you can name seven subs, only three of which can be used,  It makes no sense not to have the insurance of a back up in case the first choice is injured or sent off.  Imagine how fucking stupid we'd look if Wilson got injured in the warm up tomorrow.  The game would be lost before kick off.

Indeed 

4 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Wilson was booked in the 2nd half at Walsall, had he picked up another yellow card he would have been sent off leaving us with no replacement keeper

He also would have been suspended for the next game.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Wilson was booked in the 2nd half at Walsall, had he picked up another yellow card he would have been sent off leaving us with no replacement keeper

If tope would of scored in the last min we wouldn't have lost.... 

18 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I wasn't at the Walsall game but against Burton he definitely handled the ball inside his area.

Had he handled it outside his area he would have been sent off and would have been suspended for the next game. 

Another close call.

14 hours ago, adamoafc said:

If tope would of scored in the last min we wouldn't have lost.... 

Aye, and if my Auntie Mary had had balls ... you know the rest.

Thing is, we can't use bad luck as an excuse for a defeat. I wasn't at Walsall but, according to everything I've read and heard, we were a different, hopeless team in the second half.

The video is a horror movie. Performances like that don't warrant results and points. 90 minutes' effort is what's required, not 45.

But quite apart from all that, without a number one keeper, we're screwed. It's a wee bit desperate.

Edited by Bristolatic

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

But quite apart from all that, without a number one keeper, we're screwed. It's a wee bit desperate.

I can still unfortunately remember Dean Brill so am not too worried about this keeper----yet.

It seems that we currently have a lot more concerns about putting out a half decent midfield

1 minute ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I can still unfortunately remember Dean Brill so am not too worried about this keeper----yet.

It seems that we currently have a lot more concerns about putting out a half decent midfield

Oh, thanks for reminding me about him. I'll give you Brill and for God's sake, don't anyone bring up Jan Budtz. Shit, I just did.

There is one keeper who I think is still looking for a club. Jon McLaughlin, unless he's got fixed up and I've not spotted it.

On 19/08/2017 at 11:55 AM, jorvik_latic said:

Wilson has been ok so far. I get the feeling that he will be number one with Placide coming in as backup if we have money to sign any more. 

Wilson was fine on Saturday-he kept the score down in that 1st half.

It was everywhere else that we had problems

On 19/08/2017 at 11:55 AM, jorvik_latic said:

Wilson has been ok so far. I get the feeling that he will be number one with Placide coming in as backup if we have money to sign any more. 

Placide has played at top level, he'd be the number 1.

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Watched training on Little Wembley for 5 mins earlier and Placide still with us - good small sided game going on and saw 4 or 5 goals.

Enjoyed it much more than 90 mins on Saturday!

You probably just saw us score more than the rest of us will until Xmas. Lap it up.

• 2 weeks later...