Shay Given in Latics talks...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's played 8 more games in the Premiership in the last couple of years than whoever is next in line I'll bet. Possibly 8 more than at any level, and 600 more in the 20 years before that at a decent standard. Unless he's massively out of shape I can't imagine he'd be a bad bet.

28 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

There's no doubt in my mind - he'd be great for us for a season or two. I fear there are too many other clubs in for him though. In the Championship and abroad. I'd hope we try to tempt him with a coaching offer. 

Thought Nash was doing a decent job tbf.

Was interviewed on 5 live yesterday, says his agent is actively trying to find him a club, certainly keen to play somewhere and content to drop down the leagues, suspect he's holding out for a championship club ideally but unlikely to get a first choice spot I would guess. Being number one at a club would be best at his age surely, if he wants to stay in the game he wants to play, he's not staying in it for the money, sign for Latics? you just never know!!

(he didn't mention any club in his interview)

44 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Was interviewed on 5 live yesterday, says his agent is actively trying to find him a club, certainly keen to play somewhere and content to drop down the leagues, suspect he's holding out for a championship club ideally but unlikely to get a first choice spot I would guess. Being number one at a club would be best at his age surely, if he wants to stay in the game he wants to play, he's not staying in it for the money, sign for Latics? you just never know!!

(he didn't mention any club in his interview)

He may want to have a hand in coaching at the stage of his career. 2 problems here with us - we have Nash and we have no keepers.