Shay Given in Latics talks...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Clifford said:

It's not normal. No one thinks it is but we'll have another in before the deadline. 

Give it a couple of seasons and it'll become normal to have no keepers, just outfield players that double up as keepers  :tongue1:

#everylittlehelps

Edited by boundaryblue80

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Give it a couple of seasons and it'll become normal to have no keepers, just outfield players that double up as keepers  :tongue1:

#everylittlehelps

It would be nice to have a keeper who can double up as a striker.

53 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We had Kettings as sub keeper last season but Shez refused to name him on the bench. Played a number of games with just Ripley (who played against Chesterfield away visibly injured.)

I think Kettings was injured for that game, he picked up a knock for a couple of weeks.

Having only 1 keeper for a game or two isn't that bad, only having 1 for an entire season is plain stupid.

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I think Kettings was injured for that game, he picked up a knock for a couple of weeks.

Having only 1 keeper for a game or two isn't that bad, only having 1 for an entire season is plain stupid.

I definitely think the authorities will 'encourage' us to have another one in place before the end of the window.

15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It was about 3 games, and Kettings wasn't injured. Shez was quoted as saying basically that "I've spoken to Chris and he understands why I'm doing this". Now I do of course accept that Shez knows a lot more about footy than I do, but that seems to be a very strange decision to me. The risk v reward ratio for  a 7th outfield sub (especially some of the ones that we were choosing from) v a spare keeper doesn't seem to stack up from where I am. 

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Given was on Sky sports news earlier saying he's had a few offers but nothing jumping off the page. I think that's enough to kill this thread is it not ? 

It takes more than that with Latics fans! When's Scholes coming out of retirement to sign?

8 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

All spot on .... This wont go down well with some but its honest reality.  I once attended latics with 14 friends and 12 now couldn't give a stuff about the club as lost all faith in what has happened to football in general. Think I am mad for sticking by it. All choose to do other stuff, before someone slags them off they all respect those that still keep up the loyal support especially away from home but the slow evaporation of support continues. My son has found kayaking, climbing, tough mudders, work on his home more enjoyable than the football he followed closely for years. Saturday is Tatton Classic Car show as an example of pleasure over pain. Whilst latics continue to play silly buggers by almost monthly if not weekly cock ups. To have one senior keeper at this point is barking mad. Surely to goodness one of the kids is better as a benched 2nd keeper than no keeper. As for Given no thanks hes not interested is he. 

We will have to register Carlo Nash as a player soon. He's not that much older than Given.

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Don't be fucking stupid that could never happen !! 

The latest fake news is that f*ckwit Corbyn has thrown his Breton cap into the ring for Labour leader.......what an idiot.......no chance of gettting 10 votes!!!

Edited by mikejh45