Shez on the move? + Potential Investment

You know me i am not one to gossip but i heard snippets of conversations in the execuitve bar on Saturday and they were talking about new investment and players reluctance to move on from the club due to the promises of big big bonuses should we get out the divison, may be the reason why Ryan Mac is reluctant to leave and i know Flynn has attracted interest from Motherwell but doesnt want to leave......you know the saying there is no smoke without fire.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect his demeanour. I don’t expect him calling the players out without specifically naming them, so soon into a season. As is being said, it’s 2 games gone. The comments he’s making are the sort a manager who’s spent a couple of months trying to get his players playing but failing come out with. Maybe we will see a reaction on Saturday. Fingers crossed. 

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

They do know that means up, not down, don't they?

Surely promotion bonuses aren't written into their contracts, they should want to acheive that anyway?

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Surely promotion bonuses aren't writen into their contracts, they should want to acheive that anyway?

They don't seem to understand that playing well, increasing their value and being in a promotion pushing team can earn them a bigger wage/move! Or they can't motivate themselves.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Surely promotion bonuses aren't writen into their contracts, they should want to acheive that anyway?

You'd think so wouldn't you.... but Shez is complaining about players not giving their all in games..... and I recall Lee Johnson once saying, some players like being a footballer more than playing football. Society on the whole is strewn with people working out what they can get, not what they work hard for.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Bluddy hell.......if this is true.....this will be a second year with no presents for the kids under the Sheridan Xmas tree!!!

He would be entitled to a substantial pay off I assume.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

In the old days non performers were transfer listed, has that practice been abolished now?

I would say it has..... because the Bosman ruling means the player can leave on his own terms at the end of his contract for nothing, whereby the prior system meant the club held the players destiny as an asset in their hands. Now, transfer list a player, and they will be disruptive.... as opposed to correct their behaviour or be sold.

29 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I expect his demeanour. I don’t expect him calling the players out without specifically naming them, so soon into a season. As is being said, it’s 2 games gone. The comments he’s making are the sort a manager who’s spent a couple of months trying to get his players playing but failing come out with. Maybe we will see a reaction on Saturday. Fingers crossed. 

I've not seen any interviews who has he called out ?

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Would we like to speculate who ? Banks being 'rested' a clue ? Flynn never being picked another ?I saw a couple of poor performances last night but wouldn't say not trying ? 

My guess is in levels of sharpness, not desire 

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Would we like to speculate who ? Banks being 'rested' a clue ? Flynn never being picked another ?I saw a couple of poor performances last night but wouldn't say not trying ? 

Banks was called out on Saturday. Was talking about the first goal and saying "you can stop goals 70 yards from your own goal" alluding to Banks letting his man waltz past him and play the through ball. Also felt a few of his comments on Saturday were aimed at Gerrard. There's some truth in what Shez is saying in his interviews but like Dunn found out, there's a way of saying these things and keeping players on side. We've seen him under pressure before and handle it well. There shouldn't be that pressure 2 games in but he's talking as though there is a lot on him which has been surprising. And I agree, I felt the effort was there on most parts so was surprised again at him saying some are coasting.

Maybe he's realised he's dropped a couple of huge bollocks in pre-season by not moving some players on. Regards Flynn, I hope him being nowhere near the side last night is part of moving him on.

Edited by boundaryblue80

10 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Banks was called out on Saturday. Was talking about the first goal and saying "you can stop goals 70 yards from your own goal" alluding to Banks letting his man waltz past him and play the through ball. Also felt a few of his comments on Saturday were aimed at Gerrard. There's some truth in what Shez is saying in his interviews but like Dunn found out, there's a way of saying these things and keeping players on side. We've seen him under pressure before and handle it well. There shouldn't be that pressure 2 games in but he's talking as though there is a lot on him which has been surprising. And I agree, I felt the effort was there on most parts so was surprised again at him saying some are coasting.

Maybe he's realised he's dropped a couple of huge bollocks in pre-season by not moving some players on. Regards Flynn, I hope him being nowhere near the side last night is part of moving him on.

My impression is he's alluding to sharpness in body and mind.

45 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Surely promotion bonuses aren't written into their contracts, they should want to acheive that anyway?

It's a different world they live in, unfortunately, with agents around.

i'm no expert, but that's the impression that abounds.

to be fair though, some players need an incentive, not that I agree that should be monetary 

22 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Believe it or not I actually tried to UPVOTE you but ran out lol ?

After the opening game Shez had every right to be down beat.  I don't share the view that it was simply a lack of motivation amongst the players and possibly he recognised that as the system was quickly dropped.  Let us never see the diamond again unless and until we sign better midfield players.

Notwithstanding the poor effort against Oxford it would not help if he went now.  It is however interesting to consider that he might perform better when facing relegation rather than the expectations of top six although he probably knows we have not yet got a top six team.

12 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

That 2nd goal of Burtons really shows Dummigan in a bad light. It's his runner all day long.

You sure its not Fanes? The guy picked the ball up edge of his own half and basically ran through unchallenged before cutting back. Easy one two past Fane

37 minutes ago, youngen said:

You sure its not Fanes? The guy picked the ball up edge of his own half and basically ran through unchallenged before cutting back. Easy one two past Fane

I mean the runner as in the scorer (Lund)...not their number 26, who sets up the scorer. That's where Fane fails to stop him (and is partly accountable) but the actual scorer should never get to that ball ahead of Dummigan.

Edited by boundaryblue80