Oldham v Wigan

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

I'm not necessarily saying that Corney would sack him but if Shez is 'banging heads' with him, wanting more funds when there aren't any, then he'll probably walk.

Its a never ending merrygoround.

Buck rests with corney.

He needs to release some funds..or admit what all of us know..

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Buck rests with corney.

He's a pauper compared to the other two of the TTA........and the other directors are all talkers and not do'ers so I'm not sure we exist in any other way than "hand to mouth".

11 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Buck rests with corney.

Just supposing that some funds become available do you have enough confidence in Sheridan to acquire the right kind of player because most of his transfer dealings have been frankly rubbish so far.

44 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Just supposing that some funds become available do you have enough confidence in Sheridan to acquire the right kind of player because most of his transfer dealings have been frankly rubbish so far.

These signings that people were creaming themselves over a few weeks ago? Yes, I trust Shez to sign decent players if he's allowed. We've played 4 games so far - I'm not panicking yet. I know it's not been great but I feel it will get better.

47 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Good point.

Its only my opinion...but im having serious reservations about sheridan now..

In summary..we're well n truely f*****.

On 20/08/2017 at 6:33 AM, peanuts said:

one thing that realy stood out for me was how poor our gamesman ship was today no now nouse or guile from us .wigan on the otherhand were masters at it every time we had a free kick one of there players would stand over the ball slowing play every time we got a corner or a throw there defenders wouldwalk away/dribble the ball  away so preventing quick play from us .our players on the otherhand when kicks awarded against them just stood around gawping waiting instructions .we just seem to be to "nice "

I said the same against Oxford - our players barely appealed for a penalty when their defender clearly grabbed the ball with his hand.

17 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I said the same against Oxford - our players barely appealed for a penalty when their defender clearly grabbed the ball with his hand.

Conspiracy theory alert.....our players do look flat and give the impression of playing for a disunited club....my thesis is that Ripley was available to us and the likes of Sheridan and Clarke who "worked on" him understood he wanted to and was coming only for it to be vetoed upstairs....Sheridan and senior players then become disillusioned and feel let down with the situation and that spreads through the club .

12 hours ago, palmer1 said:

These players have proved in the 2nd half if last season that are good enough as a group to compete and be comfortable in this league. 

This season we no longer press, we don't seem to tackle and we aren't getting in our opponents faces enough. We let teams dictate and play, we stand off. Yesterday at times they bullied us. We are a soft touch!  Very worryingly Clarke & Gerrard have to be included in that description also.

So we are not allowed to say the players are not good enough? OK  in that case the manager must not be good enough to get the best out of the players? .....but we are not allowed to say that either?  Ummm must be all down to Banks then?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Players not buying into Harbin and Wrights methods?

Are Harbin's methods too harsh for this lot? 

I notice quite a few achilles and hamstring injuries.

Has Tommy Wright actually been appointed and what input does Wellens have?

There's so much tinkering going on with the team it's like a case of too many cooks spoil the broth.

Stick to 4-4-2 Shez with the right players in the right positions.

Edited by BP1960

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think it was you that made a good point over the summer. There's a "John Harbin" at every club these days - he won't make the impact now that he made in 2002...

I'm guessing but Harbin does strike me as a bit of a one trick pony.

From what I can gather Baraclough was popular with the players, Wright coming in may have upset the applecart somewhat.

2 hours ago, Magister said:

So we are not allowed to say the players are not good enough? OK  in that case the manager must not be good enough to get the best out of the players? .....but we are not allowed to say that either?  Ummm must be all down to Banks then?

2 replies to my one post, who are you arguing with :)

Don't think I mentioned Banks or the manager? I also didn't say you couldn't say anything? :blink:

Say what you want, I dont care....carry on! :sleeping:

9 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

I thought that when Gerrard got pulled back in the area when the ball was going out for a throw against Wigan. Pretty blatant penalty on offer but barely complained. Weird. 

42 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I thought that when Gerrard got pulled back in the area when the ball was going out for a throw against Wigan. Pretty blatant penalty on offer but barely complained. Weird. 

Gerrard has been very quiet so far. Always been a big talker in previous seasons