I don't understand...

27 minutes ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

I know Banks is poor and didn't touch the ball for first 20 mins today but how he always gets singled out when players like Holloway are alot worse. I don't want to hear people say he's been played up front on his own, he just ain't good enough, he's one lazy weak bastard. 

You could have stopped at the first sentence.. If your central midfielder doesnt touch the ball for the first 25% of the game.... Hes not good enough. Either he didnt make space to be passed to or he didn't go and win it for himself. 

He improved slightly but he prances about flicking his hair.  any pass over 10 yards is terrible and he loses his man every time. When a fella finds space 25 yards from goal hes usually strolled past banks on the way in. 

Holloway was poor but your aksing him to do an impossible task... Banks... Your asking him to do hia job. 

A few people on here said fane was the problem.. Not banks... Well without fane banks has to win the ball and, lets face it, hes no good at that. 

Edited by Fruitygoo

Holloway is a good player, end of.

Banks on the other hand.....is poor, and thats being very generous.

And i have to say, if sheridan cant see that...well one has to wonder about sherdians judgement.

Edited by rigsby

1 minute ago, rigsby said:

I honestly think he is a good player.

Its all about opinions ..

In your opinion then what does he offer? He is not quick ,he does not score  , he does not play very often, he sulks ,his second touch is a tackle........

1 minute ago, Magister said:

In your opinion then what does he offer? He is not quick ,he does not score  , he does not play very often, he sulks ,his second touch is a tackle........

Well  beg to differ..his hold up play is excellent...generally.

And with a decent run with a decent strike partner i think he will come good.

Judge me if the above happens, if im wrong i will happily hold my hands up. :)

6 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Hold up play? He's more interested in grappling with the defenders that's when he's not lay on floor. He won't score 8 goals all season.

3 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Holding the ball up is such a basic thing for a footballer to do.  I'm also not sure he even does that particularly well - yes, he's a big lad so protects the ball well, but how often does he find a team mate and create chances?

But you're not alone in your opinion - Shez obviously also sees something a lot of us don't...

Just now, Laticfanatic1 said:

Hold up play? He's more interested in grappling with the defenders that's when he's not lay on floor. He won't score 8 goals all season.

I think the second part depends if he we get a creative midfielder and if he gets a run in the team, with Davies.

24 minutes ago, rigsby said:

His job was to hold the ball today and he just didn't do it I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, the other strikers are contributing even less.

Even when he manages to get on the end of a hoof and control it there isn't a blue shirt within 30 yards and he ends up laying it off back the way it came.....everyone can see that surely.

We've been familiar with this tactic for several seasons now....is it ever going to change?

4 hours ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Holloway is not worse than Banks, don't be silly. You'd be hard pushed to find a worse player than Banks in the entire division, he's a non league footballer. 

Ousmane Fane.

I'd have Banks in the team ahead of Fane every day of the week. I'd have Mo Farah in the team ahead of Ousmane Fane, as he can actually trap and pass the football, and a tall long-distance runner ahead of Ousmane Fane as he'd be a better runner, as good in the air and no worse with the ball.

Running around like a headless chicken on a football pitch doesn't make you a footballer.

43 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Great topic.  I don't understand where Davies was yesterday.  On team sheet as substitute.  Didn't warm up at half time.  Didn't come on when Holloway removed.  Injured or spat out his dummy?

Shez confirmed injured in warm up. 

Tope injured on Friday. 

Edited by nzlatic

Holloway is beginning to annoy me, he spends his time either leaning too hard against a defender that he gives a free kick away or the defender is smart and moves quickly away causing Holloway to be off balance and fall over. He needs to try and concentrate on the ball first and foremost rather than just always engage the defenders in a battle.