Peterborough (H)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an interview with Wellens on the official site looking forward to tomorrow's game.

You can tell he's genuinely gutted for Shez. Says he told the players that they let him down.

There will be changes to the team tomorrow and to the way we play. Mclaiughlin's injury is a bad one, he'll be out for minimum 2 months. None of the other injured players are fit enough to come back in the squad.

Sounds like he is definitely only in the post temporarily. He mentions trying to have a few more points on the board by the time a new manager comes in, in 2, 3, or 4 games time.

On 24/09/2017 at 5:34 PM, BP1960 said:

Have a feeling Fane will be preferred to Queensy in a 4-1-3-2.

That's exactly what I've been coming up with when trying to get our front two and middle three on the pitch. 

Placide/Ruddy 

4. Wilson Clarke Gerrard/Edmunson Hunt

1. Any of our holding midfielders 

3. Gardner Byrne Bryan 

2. Davies Doyle 

On 24/9/2017 at 8:24 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

Whoever's in charge (and I hope it's Shez) I reckon we should go back to basics and play 4-4-2.

Ruddy/Placide

Dummigan

Clarke

Gerrard

Hunt

Queensy

Byrne

Bryan

Nepomuceno

Davies

Doyle

It's not without it's flaws.  I'm far from convinced about any of our keepers.  The Clarke and Gerrard partnership clearly lacks mobility but is there anyone else who is fit or able?  While Byrne and Bryan are good players I think they might have a tough time in a 2 man midfield.

But if Bryan gives Clarke and Gerrard good protection and the full backs work well then we should improve defensively.  Which still leaves us with a decent 5 attacking minded players to cause them problems.

I have absolutely no idea what you have seen of these two that even remotely justifies a starting spot?!

On 24/9/2017 at 7:10 PM, HarryBosch said:

Could work that. I can't see Gevaro being dropped though or Gardner being used so far forward when everything's been set up around him playing deep since pre-season...

4-3-3 would be relatively solid and get us our strongest, most in form 11 on the field in my eyes

Placide (or Wilson if he's really so bad)

Edmundson/Dummigan (I'd rather keep playing GE and see if he can learn from his mistakes and kick on

Clarke

Gerrard

Hunt

Gardner

Byrne

Bryan

Davies 

Doyle

Gevaro

Thing is, he surely meant dropping one of Clarke or Gerrard in his post match comments...? 

Maybe Brian Wilson in for him? 

Not sure thats a great idea. We cant keep letting him make 2 mistakes a game, just incase he finally gets it right and only makes 2 mistakes every other game.

Hes too weak at the minute, and far too slow off the mark. Got absolutely rinsed all day on Saturday, and for me the reason we got anhialited was because Shez didnt sort that out (whether he had the eprsonnel to do so is a different matter)

6 minutes ago, youngen said:

I have absolutely no idea what you have seen of these two that even remotely justifies a starting spot?!

We haven’t seen Queensy at all really, so impossible to say good OR bad.

Nepomuceno would work perfectly well in a 442, or a front 3. He can certainly deliver a very decent cross and has some nice touches. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

We haven’t seen Queensy at all really, so impossible to say good OR bad.

Nepomuceno would work perfectly well in a 442, or a front 3. He can certainly deliver a very decent cross and has some nice touches. 

He has one too many nice touches for me. Often gets caught with the ball. Delivered a couple of decent balls, but defensively he is shocking. Not good enough to be in ahead of Gardner, so would play Bryan wide left if you play 4-4-2. Queensy has played 25 minutes, in which he has looked disinterested and off the pace. Would not imagine this changing by throwing him in the deep end. Needs more minutes before being chucked in. Just because he played for Ajax reserves, doesnt automatically make him good.

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

Ruddy

Dummigan - Clarke - Gerrard - Hunt

Bryan

Fane - Gardner

Byrne

Doyle - Davies

From wellens interview we're going with Pacey wingers so doubt that will be the team. 

For me would drop ruddy for placide, Gerrard for Wilson , I know wellens is a fan of banks just hope he doesn't start him. 

Placide

dummigan Clarke Wilson hunt

Bryan 

Tope         Byrne            Queensy

Davies     Doyle 

1 hour ago, youngen said:

In two of the last 3 games Gevaro played on the wing and crossed a ball from said wing onto the head of a striker who proceeded to score a goal. It'll never catch on but I liked it....

16 hours ago, bozman said:

There's an interview with Wellens on the official site looking forward to tomorrow's game.

You can tell he's genuinely gutted for Shez. Says he told the players that they let him down.

There will be changes to the team tomorrow and to the way we play. Mclaiughlin's injury is a bad one, he'll be out for minimum 2 months. None of the other injured players are fit enough to come back in the squad.

Sounds like he is definitely only in the post temporarily. He mentions trying to have a few more points on the board by the time a new manager comes in, in 2, 3, or 4 games time.

He'll know that he has an outside chance of getting the job longer term if he suddenly turns our form around and sends us up the table.

Especially if he does so while playing a load of Abdallah's lads and generally licking his arse.

I would and I reckon Richie will too. 

I did once ask a certain former, former, former manager of ours whether Wellens had the makings of a manager one day and the answer was a definitive no. :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

In two of the last 3 games Gevaro played on the wing and crossed a ball from said wing onto the head of a striker who proceeded to score a goal. It'll never catch on but I liked it....

The only trouble is that we are not playing American football where a player can come on just for specific plays.....otherwise he would not have been the pitch when he was defending embarrassingly in the 2  last games

18 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

From wellens interview we're going with Pacey wingers so doubt that will be the team. 

For me would drop ruddy for placide, Gerrard for Wilson , I know wellens is a fan of banks just hope he doesn't start him. 

Placide

dummigan Clarke Wilson hunt

Bryan 

Tope         Byrne            Queensy

Davies     Doyle 

Gerrard isn't the centre back that should be dropped...

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Not sure thats a great idea. We cant keep letting him make 2 mistakes a game, just incase he finally gets it right and only makes 2 mistakes every other game.

Hes too weak at the minute, and far too slow off the mark. Got absolutely rinsed all day on Saturday, and for me the reason we got anhialited was because Shez didnt sort that out (whether he had the eprsonnel to do so is a different matter)

Due to unforeseen circumstances that post is no longer relevant.....

He won't drop either of Clarke or Gerrard as he'll want them onside. 

Edmundson he will drop.

I'm not sure he'll ditch the 3 at the back. Main reason being Doyle and Davies are definite starters and 4 at the back would mean he'd have to drop one of Gardner, Byrne or Bryan and I can't see him doing that, nor should he. Unless he puts Bryan in a back 3 with Clarke and Gerard?

He'll want to curry favour with Abdallah so I think (and hope) Placide might get a start.

Same for Queensy and it's a gamble Wellens can take as he doesn't really have anything to lose. Can he play on the right though? Or can Gevaro?

Gevaro will stay in and rightly so.