PLAYERS STAFF STEWARDS NOT PAID - CRISIS

1 hour ago, Markspark92 said:

So is Gerrard in the wrong for airing this ? doubt the club would be happy but he’s got every right, it’s piss poor again from the top not delivering on wages when they are due, it will be common knowledge to a lot of players. Who would want to come and play there football here when wages are payed late time after time, you can’t run a business like this no wonder we are where we are !

Not sure anyone is blaming Gerrard per se but there are ways of conducting yourself. I've never been in the position of being payed late but I do have a professional code of conduct to follow and that includes a social media policy (I know Latics have a the latter). If I behaved liked that on Twitter I'd be sacked no questions asked and late wages would be no wages. Being payed late is absolutely unforgivable - there are legal and correct channels to follow - cringeworthy posts on social media aren't the way in my opinion 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Not sure anyone is blaming Gerrard per se but there are ways of conducting yourself. I've never been in the position of being payed late but I do have a professional code of conduct to follow and that includes a social media policy (I know Latics have a the latter). If I behaved liked that on Twitter I'd be sacked no questions asked and late wages would be no wages. Being payed late is absolutely unforgivable - there are legal and correct channels to follow - cringeworthy posts on social media aren't the way in my opinion 

You'd still be legally entitled to your late wages, up to the point of dismissal, or suspension without pay.

34 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

You'd still be legally entitled to your late wages, up to the point of dismissal, or suspension without pay.

Never said you wouldn't - but everyone jumps on social media these days and there's proper ways to deal with things - Gerrard comes across as cringeworthy at best, just my opinion - social media is the poison of the 21st century 

and when I said late wages means no wages meant those going forwards not those owed 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

9 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Not sure anyone is blaming Gerrard per se but there are ways of conducting yourself. I've never been in the position of being payed late but I do have a professional code of conduct to follow and that includes a social media policy (I know Latics have a the latter). If I behaved liked that on Twitter I'd be sacked no questions asked and late wages would be no wages. Being payed late is absolutely unforgivable - there are legal and correct channels to follow - cringeworthy posts on social media aren't the way in my opinion 

Sacking Gerrard for complaining about wages not being paid would be the sort of PR disaster even Barry wouldn't contemplate.

8 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Never said you wouldn't - but everyone jumps on social media these days and there's proper ways to deal with things - Gerrard comes across as cringeworthy at best, just my opinion - social media is the poison of the 21st century 

and when I said late wages means no wages meant those going forwards not those owed 

Is Gerrards behaviour any more cringeworthy than our Chairmans in all this? It's embarrassing for all concerned and the problems have not been caused by Gerrard even if he could of dealt with it better, what's to say he hasn't explored every avenue and feels he's no other option.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is Gerrards behaviour any more cringeworthy than our Chairmans in all this? It's embarrassing for all concerned and the problems have not been caused by Gerrard even if he could of dealt with it better, what's to say he hasn't explored every avenue and feels he's no other option.

Gerrard has every right to put what he wants on social media. However he should have no complaints when the club issue the relevant punishment ( not sure what this is, given he hasn't been paid)

Just now, welshgaz said:

Gerrard has every right to put what he wants on social media. However he should have no complaints when the club issue the relevant punishment ( not sure what this is, given he hasn't been paid)

Maybe they’ll fine him two weeks’ wages. 

That’s another thing about not paying people. Your corporate discipline goes straight out the window. You have to pay people to bind them to the rules. No exceptions, not even football. 

Just now, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Kinnell. Is he as much of a troublemaker as the person who hasn’t paid him? Who’s actually made this trouble? 

He knows full well that people will jump on his every word.

Take out another scouse loan to pay the wages and people would be complaining about that.

Words fail me how anyone can try to justify or be seen to fall on the side of the club for not paying earned wages on time. At the very least a club/company should well in advance warn the staff there is a distinct possibility that the next wage round will not be met and ask would they agree to a 2 week delay. If any of that staff then inform their employer that they would be placed in financial distress, then those individuals should somehow be paid. No if's no but's. 

Edited by Lags

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not doing a lot to shift the suspicion that he is a troublemaker...

And I thought you liked Corney... 

There's one clown in all of this and it ain't Gerrard, he may be the only one with the nuggets to say anything (rightly or wrongly), but I can bet you my bottom dollar he will have 100% backing from the other players and fining him would be a huge mistake.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And I thought you liked Corney... 

There's one clown in all of this and it ain't Gerrard, he may be the only one with the nuggets to say anything (rightly or wrongly), but I can bet you my bottom dollar he will have 100% backing from the other players and fining him would be a huge mistake.

I'm not suggesting fining anyone but I can't imagine a Peter Clarke or Paul Green going about it the same way.

He does suggest in replies that players are still in good spirits, could have just said that instead of trying to be a smart arse.

12 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

So is Gerrard in the wrong for airing this ? doubt the club would be happy but he’s got every right, it’s piss poor again from the top not delivering on wages when they are due, it will be common knowledge to a lot of players. Who would want to come and play there football here when wages are payed late time after time, you can’t run a business like this no wonder we are where we are !

And then when you hear people slag off someone like Ripley for wanting to sit on a bench at Burton when it might just be down to something as simple as wanting to get paid on time. If you were weighing up where to play, it would have quite a baring I would've thought.

Edited by boundaryblue80

3 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

We should fine him his wages.

No way, that  would cause mutiny with the players.

I'd prefer it if he didn't reveal it, but it is more than a few days now. As he also said, 11 days late is not even the worse "record".

The fans should be aware that the players are playing unpaid and still giving their all. I do hope we don't lose though because it will be the focus.

He is making a point, but not being arsey (he has in the past about other things TBH) about it IMHO.

8 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I'm pretty doubtful we could fine a player for this. It's his personal information whether he's been paid or not, it isn't like he leaked commercial plans or details of who is on what money.

Technically  he may be guilty of bringing his employer into disrepute and probably open to discipline for it. However it won't and shouldn't happen

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

He knows full well that people will jump on his every word.

Take out another scouse loan to pay the wages and people would be complaining about that.

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Gerrard I imagine is a strong character who is taking up the case on behalf of many of his colleagues.

Good on him.

That's that one sorted then.