PLAYERS STAFF STEWARDS NOT PAID - CRISIS

As someone else mentioned our club has a habit of managing to do something to derail any positive momentum we start to build up - its quite peculiar.

Takeover talk and 3 wins and people are stating to look forward to games and hopes for the season.....and then this.  No matter what is going on, this is not good.

Trying to remember some of the others - but the Ched Evans saga at a point when LJ had a team with momentum and confidence springs to mind as a classic.  But there have been many many more.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, blueatheart said:

You've used the word cash twice. Are you literally saying Corney has been down to the bank and paid them in pound notes?

woulbnt that be rather difficult as pound notes went out of circulation years ago and corneys not that much of a chancer to try it 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Your Trust have been advised that most employees will have some cash today.

It's not ideal and we are monitoring the situation. It's the latest update we have I'm afraid.

lets hope it gets sorted quickly for those effected

Thats doesn't really inspire confidence - sounds like "we still can't pay anyone but we'll give the hardest up £50 to be getting along with"

thanks for passing on though 

6 hours ago, Ackey said:

Do you have any citation for clubs 100 years ago losing money?

I find that hard to believe, given the comparative outlays (wages were comparatively small) versus incomes (attendance was comparatively large (albeit at a lower pp rate)), but would be very interested to be proved wrong.

Well I've no cold hard facts to present to you but it's based on my own readings down the years. Our team from a town of chimneys  was never well off it was bank rolled to an extent by mill owners for much of it's early existence but they will never have made any money you say that their was a much smaller outlay but don't forget their will have been no TV money no sponsorship no merchandise no hospitality either.

On Joe Royles first day he was told not to put his stuff in the desk draws as the recievers would take them away. Our story is the same as most clubs financially we have struggled on selling a player the odd cup run various levels of investment/borrowing from owners to keep the club alive and somehow over 122 years we are still alive. If we were a normal business we would have gone under years ago.

6 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I was wondering when you'd be on. Have you got an alert set up for whenever anyone mentions modern slavery?

I work 36 hours a week (minus 40 days annual leave and bank holidays and the Queen's Birthday). Not a second more nor less.

Plus the way it pans out next year is I carry over another 29 days annual leave because I was on sick leave while booked on annual leave. Immobilised with a broken leg. What are the chances?

The so-called taxpayers, as always, are bleeding me, not the other way around.

Come to think of it, the taxpayers get right on my titties. They've got this idea - they're so fucking precious - that because the Government takes it from them, they have a say in how it's spent. They form these opinions about anything and everything...coppers, hospitals, parliament...the lot. Why don't they just cough up and fuck off out of it?

So next year you have 74 days holiday ....that 15 weeks leave....with weekends you have  178 days off ......that is very other day off all year..... and a 36 hour week and you want to talk about modern day slavery .....ummm

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

If we believe the rumours on Twatter that the players haven't been paid, then we also have to believe the rumours on Twatter that they have been paid.

Or does it not work like that?

She's actually wrong. She works turnstiles. The match day staff are paid first as they cannot fulfil fixtures without stewards etc. Unfortunately salaried staff are near the back of line. Her being paid does not mean players are paid. I did a full season match day and three occasions staff and players were not paid, the match day staff never missed a wage.

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

She's actually wrong. She works turnstiles. The match day staff are paid first as they cannot fulfil fixtures without stewards etc. Unfortunately salaried staff are near the back of line. Her being paid does not mean players are paid. I did a full season match day and three occasions staff and players were not paid, the match day staff never missed a wage.

Oh now you have spoiled it. I was really looking forward to being a happy clapper-well for a few days at least

13 minutes ago, Clifford said:

She simply said all paid.  She doesn’t say I’ve been paid therefore everyone has.  

What has she said in her post that is wrong?

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

She simply said all paid.  She doesn’t say I’ve been paid therefore everyone has.  

What has she said in her post that is wrong?

She's said Everyone's been paid - as you were.

Which isn't true she may of received her couple of tenners but there are plenty who haven't been paid in full yet.

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

She's said Everyone's been paid - as you were.

Which isn't true she may of received her couple of tenners but there are plenty who haven't been paid in full yet.

Not saying you are incorrect but, you know this, how? 

1 hour ago, Magister said:

So next year you have 74 days holiday ....that 15 weeks leave....with weekends you have  178 days off ......that is very other day off all year..... and a 36 hour week and you want to talk about modern day slavery .....ummm

Let’s not get carried away. 69 days annual leave. Plus bank holidays. Then you’ve got TOIL to throw in on top of that. Did I not mention the TOIL? It is quite nice though, when you think about it. 

1 minute ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Let’s not get carried away. 69 days annual leave. Plus bank holidays. Then you’ve got TOIL to throw in on top of that. Did I not mention the TOIL? It is quite nice though, when you think about it. 

Sounds like you work for the council! :D 

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Are players not match day staff...?

51 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

You could also throw in 40 years at 3/80ths for lump sum and 1/80th for pension.....please don't tell me you are  on 3/60ths and 1/60th!.....oh and index linked

now where is that cruise brochure

On 10/5/2017 at 3:44 PM, underdog said:

I can only tell you what I have been advised of by a member of the Trust board team.

No mention of Corney and cash was the word used, maybe it's quicker to get it to employees who need it ASAP.

i will get it clarified and .....I'll be back....

Clarified at 20.46pm. The club got the cash, how the club has paid it's employees this time is unknown. Apologies that I misinterpreted that bit wrong.

I'm not wanting to upset you here but I can't help pointing out that you don't need to put "pm" after "20.46". You can just put 20:46.

Note the colon. Pedantic ? yes I suppose so.