PLAYERS STAFF STEWARDS NOT PAID - CRISIS

2 hours ago, banana said:

I'm not wanting to upset you here but I can't help pointing out that you don't need to put "pm" after "20.46". You can just put 20:46.

Note the colon. Pedantic ? yes I suppose so. 

I was going to blame the Cornish ale....yes in fact I am going too blame the Cornish ale...too much Korev hahah...oohphs

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, singe said:

Seems like Ant Gerrard is saying that at least some have not been paid still.

He goes into it more in the thread

If they are this short of cash I'm surprised that they postponed the Bury game - unless they are expecting the investment to close any day, but that does not seem likely given all the other signals. Strange. 

Spoke to the lad in the ticket office today and he’s now been paid. Says it happens fairly regularly and he’s never been too concerned about it.

Although it really shouldn’t happen at all when it does, the press, media, and the usual suspects on here blow it up out of all proportion.

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Spoke to the lad in the ticket office today and he’s now been paid. Says it happens fairly regularly and he’s never been too concerned about it.

Although it really shouldn’t happen at all when it does, the press, media, and the usual suspects on here blow it up out of all proportion.

Blown out of proportion being paid 10 days late? Have a word with yourself, it's 2017 not 1977.

It's a disgrace and a sad state of affairs, nothing more and nothing less.

Edited by yarddog73

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What proportion is appropriate?

"Oh the players and staff haven't been paid.  Tough shit for them"?

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I posted something similar on another thread with regard to the attitude of some of the staff towards it. i.e. one of them told me that they are paid late regularly and are used to it now. They don't worry too much about it because their money always turns up, usually within 3 or 4 days. In fact, this particular person was quite annoyed that someone had decided to go the press with their complaints.

Let's be clear though, it's no way for a business to treat it's staff, regardless of how relaxed they are about it.

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Not saying it's right but, I go 4 months before being paid on a regular basis. Big business v small business. 

PAYE or self employed? Big difference, and I'm astounded if you can go 4 months without pay on a salary basis.

If the players and staff signed up with the clear understanding that sometimes wages might be paid late, then it's an annoyance rather than an outrage.

If they signed up with the clear understanding that wages will be paid on a specific date in the month, then it most definitely is an outrage.

I'll stick up for Corney in most circumstances, but this is bigger than the football club.  The fans turn up for the love of the club - the staff and players shouldn't be expected to do the same...

15 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

So for all those saying “I’m not saying this is right but...” we can all agree this is totally wrong by the club then.

One would imagine it is unavoidable.

Some of the I Told You So brigade seem keen to turn it into another point scoring contest though.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

It's sad and worrying, I can't see it as a disgrace or anything like that though.

Thats because some of our fans and some of our staff appear to accept the way Corney behaves as acceptable and have been brainwashed into being grateful for the cluster fuck way he behaves and runs the club, there will be kids on that payroll earning relative peanuts and at a guess living hand to mouth, why should they tolerate having to deal with that and listening to some seemingly batting it off as the norm, it's not and shouldn't be defended.

I can only imagine the epic rage I’d be in if I went even one day without being paid, so a couple of tweets is a pretty mild protest. 

It’s difficult but if you set aside the affront to civilisation of not paying people for the work they do for you...a business that doesn’t pay it’s employees isn’t really a business. 

It's black and white for me.  

Paying employees late - frequently or not - is unacceptable and a breach of contract.

Incompetence of the hierarchy within the boardroom at the highest level.

I wouldn't blame the players if they downed tools come Saturday or walked out the club.

Appreciate investment or takeovers take a while but this latest episode wouldn't instil much confidence in those looking to invest.  The longer this drags on the more I'm dubious money is there.

So is Gerrard in the wrong for airing this ? doubt the club would be happy but he’s got every right, it’s piss poor again from the top not delivering on wages when they are due, it will be common knowledge to a lot of players. Who would want to come and play there football here when wages are payed late time after time, you can’t run a business like this no wonder we are where we are !