Carlisle (a)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look the near annual cup debate about Season Ticket holders benefits, and oh look it's the same suspects who moaned about allocation for big cup games in the past. Only difference is it's in October and not January

The arguments for and against ST holders getting benefits are still the same. The arguments for and against special offers to attract fans that reduce the value for ST holders are still the same (although the percentage of moaners from the disadvantaged are vastly different).  A search on here by reply numbers will find you quite a few within the first couple of pages.

If you don't like ST holders getting a benefit, start saving money now (its about £50/month) to buy one when they go on sale around mid-March. But that means you pay for games you might not attend and will undoubtedly miss out on any special offers.

Oh and if you ask the ticket office now, I think they might sell you a pro-rata ST, they usually do until some time after Xmas, presumably that will entitle you to £7.50 off entry to Carlisle, if you don't know a ST holder who isn't going, that is. It may also let you be at the front of the queue for any premium games, such as Blackburn (a).

Its £7.50, if £7.50 makes that much of a difference please stop watching football and spend your money on more important things.

They are offering a reduction to their season ticket holders as a thankyou for buying a season ticket. This is something they are more than entitled to do.

As a goodwill gesture (presumably after talks with Latics) they have extended the offer to our fans.

It appears that there are people on here who would prefer it if we were all charged the full price.

I genuinely don’t see what the issue is with season ticket holders receiving a discount for the game.  It’s been said many times before but season ticket holders stump up in advance of the start of the season not knowing what kind of campaign is in store. Many of our fans stumped up towards the end of last season not even knowing what division we’d be in this season. I do acknowledge a season ticket is much cheaper than pay on the day rates. Why begrudge people who stump up their hard earned in good faith a small concession?

34 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

I genuinely don’t see what the issue is with season ticket holders receiving a discount for the game.  It’s been said many times before but season ticket holders stump up in advance of the start of the season not knowing what kind of campaign is in store. Many of our fans stumped up towards the end of last season not even knowing what division we’d be in this season. I do acknowledge a season ticket is much cheaper than pay on the day rates. Why begrudge people who stump up their hard earned in good faith a small concession?

Beacuse we are unbeaten in 5 (won 4 drawn 1) we are playing the best football in years.... Latics fans need to moan about something and are struggling 

6 hours ago, Latics and England said:

They are offering a reduction to their season ticket holders as a thankyou for buying a season ticket. This is something they are more than entitled to do.

As a goodwill gesture (presumably after talks with Latics) they have extended the offer to our fans.

It appears that there are people on here who would prefer it if we were all charged the full price.

It isn't a goodwill gesture to us they have to apply the same prices to both clubs and unless someone knows differently it will be the same in event of a replay.

No problem with season ticket holders being 'rewarded' but an FA Cup tie isn't the place to do it and certainly not in this way.

11 hours ago, Latics and England said:

It seems less daft when you put it like that :grin:

10 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

I'm a ST holder and am probably not going but it's the fact that, similar to what OAFC often do, Carlisle seem oblivious to how a lot of fans tick.

Some non-ST holders (ours & theirs) will, rightly or wrongly, be pissed off about it and begrudge paying £15 when others are paying £7.50.

And the one's paying £7.50 never asked for, or expected, a discount anyway.

No fewer season ticket holders would attend at £10 but a hell of a lot more non-ST holders would and Carlisle (and OAFC) would make a lot more money. 

I think a lot of people have missed the point made earlier in the thread, the minimum Carlisle could charge a full paying adult is £15 for the 1st round of the FA cup, (i have done no research which states this, but simpo first said this, so presume it is fact) they have just managed to somewhat find a loophole in this by offering season ticket holders a deal. A few people have said they should just charge everyone a tenner, but they can’t. I’m sure if they could they would. 

8 minutes ago, daniel said:

I think a lot of people have missed the point made earlier in the thread, the minimum Carlisle could charge a full paying adult is £15 for the 1st round of the FA cup, (i have done no research which states this, but simpo first said this, so presume it is fact) they have just managed to somewhat find a loophole in this by offering season ticket holders a deal. A few people have said they should just charge everyone a tenner, but they can’t. I’m sure if they could they would. 

If that's the case fair play, my main gripe with it is they'd of attracted a much larger crowd with a blanket  £10 as opposed to an offer exclusive to ST holders, if your a season ticket holder for either club your hardly going to be swayed by the offer as you've probably already decided if your going but the floating fan (the ones we all want back) may be put off, as has been mentioned it's no great shakes but in my opinion could of been marketed better if the clubs involved weren't restricted.

14 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Oh look the near annual cup debate about Season Ticket holders benefits, and oh look it's the same suspects who moaned about allocation for big cup games in the past. Only difference is it's in October and not January

The arguments for and against ST holders getting benefits are still the same. The arguments for and against special offers to attract fans that reduce the value for ST holders are still the same (although the percentage of moaners from the disadvantaged are vastly different).  A search on here by reply numbers will find you quite a few within the first couple of pages.

If you don't like ST holders getting a benefit, start saving money now (its about £50/month) to buy one when they go on sale around mid-March. But that means you pay for games you might not attend and will undoubtedly miss out on any special offers.

Oh and if you ask the ticket office now, I think they might sell you a pro-rata ST, they usually do until some time after Xmas, presumably that will entitle you to £7.50 off entry to Carlisle, if you don't know a ST holder who isn't going, that is. It may also let you be at the front of the queue for any premium games, such as Blackburn (a).

Its £7.50, if £7.50 makes that much of a difference please stop watching football and spend your money on more important things.

Mid March? I'm saving up to buy one as a Valentine's Day present 

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:53 PM, deyres42 said:

Yes but I already know that in advance of the season start.

I don't expect to potentially have to pay more than double the price of the person sat next to me for a cup game though.

Our season tickets identify our allegiance to the club in order to be targeted for any deals going that couldn't be foreseen before the season starts.