Carlisle (a)

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Pricing is fine, I'm just not paying double the price that Dave sat in front of me did just because he has a season ticket.

Well you have a similar situation at our home games every week...£14 ST price as against £24 that you would pay on the day. Not much difference really.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Well you have a similar situation at our home games every week...£14 ST price as against £24 that you would pay on the day. Not much difference really.

Yes but I already know that in advance of the season start.

I don't expect to potentially have to pay more than double the price of the person sat next to me for a cup game though.

2 hours ago, philliggi said:

Been there done Carlisle. Gone are the days I can go away every other week without question. Only tick off new grounds and big games these days away from home

While I'm not saying Carlisle is a 'big game' in the same way that Blackburn is, we'll probably take well over 1000 up there, which is enough for me to want to go...

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

So someone isnt going to go to a game that they wanted to go to purely because someone else is getting in for less than them?

Thats very, very childish odd.

It is certainly odd.

I'm a bit surprised most people seem ok about it to be honest.

If it was a non league team or a team we haven't played in recent history in league 2 we Would, even considering distance. But I consider Carlisle a run of the mill league one team. We must've played them almost as much as Tranmere and Walsall over the last 20 years

The club is doing something for its ST holders. About time, too. I'm obviously not an ST holder but it doesn't bother me that they are getting a 'gift' for their troubles. Carlisle is doable for me, depending on whether or not work [or my wife] pulls a fast one on my time. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

So someone isnt going to go to a game that they wanted to go to purely because someone else is getting in for less than them?

Thats very, very childish odd.

It is but that's the mentality of a lot of football fans.

Same as someone not wanting to part with £24 when they decide to go/plans change and they CAN suddenly go when they couldn't before (and could have paid £20) I can understand someone not wanting to pay £15 when someone else is getting in for £7.50. 

It's just daft, bizarre and unnecessary and they would make much more money charging everyone £10. 

12 minutes ago, kowenicki'smoustache said:

I'm going. I'm happy to pay £15. It's a fair price. I'm happy that season ticket holders are getting a deal too.

Gave you an upboat just on the strength of your user-name and how it made me smile. :D 

8 hours ago, deyres42 said:

That's me going to Wetherby instead then, deary me.

Genuine question, if you're not a ST holder, how many of the £5, £2 freebie type 'let's pack BP' offers have you taken advantage of over the last few years whilst ST holders have missed out on as they paid for their ticket at £14 a game the previous May? 

And no, I've never had a problem with discounted games as it gets people through the door but I know it grates with others. I don't see the issue the more the merrier as long as the freeloading day trippers 'aint sitting in my seat! :tongue1:

On this occasion I'm pleased ST holders are getting a bit of a perk and yes we get first dibs for big games but in comparison to a lot of clubs at our level our ST are quite expensive.

Tbf we're going for the pissup anyway and £15 is pretty reasonable when most clubs are charging around £25 for a league game these days.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Same as someone not wanting to part with £24 when they decide to go/plans change and they CAN suddenly go when they couldn't before (and could have paid £20) I can understand someone not wanting to pay £15 when someone else is getting in for £7.50. 

It's just daft, bizarre and unnecessary and they would make much more money charging everyone £10. 

I think the club wants to be seen to be doing something for its ST holders.

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

While I'm not saying Carlisle is a 'big game' in the same way that Blackburn is, we'll probably take well over 1000 up there, which is enough for me to want to go...

I'm as optimistic/delusional as anybody with regards to our potential away followings but, but, but - I don't even know what to type... :lol:

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Tbf A tenner for all would probably increase their gate. The discount is unnecessary in my book but welcome for ST holders. 

Just now, HarryBosch said:

I'm as optimistic/delusional as anybody with regards to our potential away followings but, but, but - I don't even know what to type... :lol:

FA Cup's a weird one. Fans come out of the woodwork for it. Reckon you'll be surprised...

Just now, NewBlue said:

FA Cup's a weird one. Fans come out of the woodwork for it. Reckon you'll be surprised...

I thought Forest away was a shite draw, wasn't up for it at all. So much so I was plastered by the time we got there (Late) Cheers Bluebelle Bus (as per) Smith scores an own goal we were woeful...then probably the greatest 7 minutes as a Latics fan in 25 years. 

Love the FA Cup....

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

I think the club wants to be seen to be doing something for its ST holders.

Us or Carlisle?

Why?

I just want to pay for my home matches in advance at a lower price and get first dibs on Liverpool in the cup.

Simple as that.

I've never, ever got a reduced price ticket for an away match and I've never thought that I should. The thought has never even occurred to me. 

I still don't think I should since somebody did conceive of the madcap idea a few hours ago.