Carlisle (A)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

On a positive note Drumighan played well as I thought did Bryan for the majority of the game. 

Massively missed Byrne.

And that is possibly the truth of the matter, although I sense some sort of meltdown about to happen on here.

It was pretty bad. Clarke was bossed by both Bennett and Hope. Gardner and Fane clearly missed their mate in the middle, and the selection of Green on the right side of a diamond was baffling to say the least.

Hopefully we can rearrange Southend for the 2nd Dec seeing as though they've been dumped out too...

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Is RW paying the price of his faith in Clarke?

Didn't hear anyone complaining about Clarke at the start of RW's reign, has he become a bad player in the space of a week even after scoring in consecutive games???

Edited by yarddog73

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Didn't hear anyone complaining about Clarke at the start of RW's reign, has he become a bad player in the space of a week even after scoring in consecutive games???

From what I've seen he's far too slow now, you don't play players on past reputation.

His job is to defend and IMO he's being caught out too much.

Unfortunately, Gerrard had been similar until eventually dropped.

RW has to be concerned about Clarke and I think he may have little option now but to play Wilson.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

From what I've seen he's far too slow now, you don't play players on past reputation.

His job is to defend and IMO he's being caught out too much.

Unfortunately, Gerrard had been similar until eventually dropped.

RW has to be concerned about Clarke and I think he may have little option now but to play Wilson.

Am I the only one who remembers Clarke putting his body on the line and making some tremendous defensive blocks and tackles in our great run under Richie or are we gonna start writing players off now after one mistake or the odd bad performance? This team with Placide in goal needs backing not chopped and changed on the back of the odd bad result.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Am I the only one who remembers Clarke putting his body on the line and making some tremendous defensive blocks and tackles in our great run under Richie or are we gonna start writing players off now after one mistake or the odd bad performance? This team with Placide in goal needs backing not chopped and changed on the back of the odd bad result.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Yarddog?

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Leaking goals has to be addressed, reputations count for nothing.

You are however entitled to your opinion.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Leaking goals has to be addressed, reputations count for nothing.

You are however entitled to your opinion.

When you look at alternatives though is there any one better? You've mentioned Wilson as a replacement but he's not a patch on Clarke, he'd get roasted for pace and dominated in the air, as solid as he is he offers nothing different. There's an argument for bringing Gerrard in but for me our back two is good enough.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Watching Walsall on S4C 2 down to Newport.

Oxford lost to league 2

Bristol Rovers lost to league 2

Walsall lost to league 2

Oldham lost to league 2

Blackpool lost to non league

Rotherham lost to league 2

Portsmouth lost to league 2

Southend lost to league 2

Posh draw with non league. 

Terrible really. 

Edited by kowenicki

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Walsall lost to league 2

Oldham lost to league 2

Blackpool lost to non league

Rotherham lost to league 2

Portsmouth lost to league 2

Southend lost to league 2

Posh draw with non league. 

Terrible really. 

The gap between League 1 and League 2 really isn't that great, Chesterfield and Port Vale are proof of that, Carlisle are a fair team at home against most and there's no such things as gimme's especially if one or two players don't turn up.

Dummigan was a major attacking threat all game. Him and Bryan our best players easily. Bryan looks a cracking player at centre half.

Clarke had a mare - I honestly don't know what we do about the defence. Wilson is solid but Clarke is better plus chips in with goals.

Kean is and has been great since going centre half.

Dummigan attacking wise is fantastic but maybe needs to stop crosses more? Same with hunt. Hunt is solid but the problem of shipping 3 and 4 every week is worrying.

The football is entertaining and let's be honest, we battered Carlisle, they barely touched it at times. We must have crossed into their box 30 times and it was cleared. They just hoofed it. We are a far better team yet went 3-0 down...as odd a that sounds. 

Green is a sideways crab and I've been one of his biggest critics but some fans couldn't wait to get on his back. I didn't want us to re-sign but didn't think he was terrible. 

Byrne a huge miss. EVERYTHING goes through him. When Fane wins it and needs someone to do the rest...that someone wasn't there. Gardners decent but can't do it all on his own in the midfield and often tries one too many turns.

Davies and Doyle weren't up to it today, Holloway made an impact. 

Stick 2nd string out against Newcastle (know we must keep a few) then rest up and we have to be looking at 6 points v Rochdale and Wimbledon if we think we're a decent team.