Carlisle (A)

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Hunt suffering from having to play there, think he'd be seen to better effect at right back.

Should have been sorted in the summer that position.

Maybe the case. Still have to track your man at RB tho. Switches off far too often. A case of all we have at the moment but like you say, we should've brought in a proper LB in the summer. Wonder if Abdallah knows any :lol:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Maybe the case. Still have to track your man at RB tho. Switches off far too often. A case of all we have at the moment but like you say, we should've brought in a proper LB in the summer. Wonder if Abdallah knows any :lol:

But at the time we had to many right backs

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

What happend to rw being a tactical genius taking Bryan for mid to defence we put him back in mid. He is virtually copying shez! We should not have let shez go.

That makes me a tactical genius as I made the suggestion when Shez was still in charge, based on the fact that's where he plays.

I'm not a tactical genius. But I think it was interesting that Fane very much reverted to type when he wasn't able to play with Byrne. This is why we missed Byrne a lot on Saturday, although that won't be an issue now until Jan.

A back 3 of Bryan; Gerrard/Clarke; Wilson would provide a bit more cover wide as both Bryan and Wilson have experience at playing full-back, solve the issue of leaving the Full-backs exposed, which has been the problem in recent weeks. Allowing the midfield of Byrne, Gardner and AN other (personally I'd play Green or Omrani, but it's Fane spot at the moment) to not have to cover wide as much as they did in the 4-4-2. I'd then look at playing different WBs depending on who we were playing as it would make sense to play Hunt and Dummigan (or McLaughlin when fit) away and bring in Gevaro and/or Queensy at home.

Tonight's team against the Barcodes has a look of a 3-5-2 about it.

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If Bryan is a recognised cente back why was he played in midfield when he arrived?

Bryan is a far better footballer than Fane, he can tackle and be an ideal link man, his lack of ability to clear crosses won't come into play much as it does at centre back.

RW will change things  to plug the leaking defence and Bryan in front of a back 4 will IMO happen.

Playing him in front of the back 4 didnt help Sheridan....Leave him where he is

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If Bryan is a recognised cente back why was he played in midfield when he arrived?

Bryan is a far better footballer than Fane, he can tackle and be an ideal link man, his lack of ability to clear crosses won't come into play much as it does at centre back.

RW will change things  to plug the leaking defence and Bryan in front of a back 4 will IMO happen.

Think you have answered your own question there BP. Shez played Bryan midfield due to not rating Fane.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I agree, but since he's a centre back now some are convinced that what's he is.

He has been good there, but he was also very good in midfield, I think if Byrne goes in January, fane will be dropped because he becomes a bit ineffective without Byrne to play 2 yard passes to. We will see Bryan back in centre mid, with a Byrne replacement, and hopefully keep hold of Doyle. 

On 07/11/2017 at 10:50 AM, boundaryblue80 said:

Oh...and 2 capable fullbacks. If we are honest, Hunt has been dogshit since he's come back. Shez  had a major headache with him. Kept moving him into other roles as he was costing us at LB and now he's back at LB he's still dropping huge bollocks. Rarely tracks a man. Gives the ball away far too often.

What a load of absolute bollocks. It’s the centre halves, goalkeepers, and lack of support either full back gets that costs us. Can’t think of any game in which hunt has cost us. 

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Potentially, been told by someone within the sport he is 40% chance of coming here, make of that what you will. But apparently it is being talked about 

Much as John Harbin is the only fitness coach in the world, Jose Baxter is the only creative midfielder in the world.

38 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

What a load of absolute bollocks. It’s the centre halves, goalkeepers, and lack of support either full back gets that costs us. Can’t think of any game in which hunt has cost us. 

You don't watch the game properly then. I'll give you an easy one to start with...go and look at the highlights for the Scunny game and his extremely sloppy mistake for Scunny's 1st goal...

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Potentially, been told by someone within the sport he is 40% chance of coming here, make of that what you will. But apparently it is being talked about 

Does that mean he has a 60% chance of going to Fleetwood?