Walsall lost to league 2

Oldham lost to league 2

Blackpool lost to non league

Rotherham lost to league 2

Portsmouth lost to league 2

Southend lost to league 2

Posh draw with non league. 

Terrible really. 

Additionally, Oxford were beaten at Port Vale and Bristol Rovers were beaten at Notts County last night.  Again, both league two opponents.

Edited by johnafoafc

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The gap between League 1 and League 2 really isn't that great, Chesterfield and Port Vale are proof of that, Carlisle are a fair team at home against most and there's no such things as gimme's especially if one or two players don't turn up.

The gap isn't big but Carlisle where absolute garbage. 1st and 3rd Goal where terrible defending, 2nd just a great shot from the lad.

Their overall play was atrocious, hoof it up the line, literally EVERY time. I bet they didn't have a move with more than 5 or 6 passes yet went 3-0 up!

4 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Dummigan was a major attacking threat all game. Him and Bryan our best players easily. Bryan looks a cracking player at centre half.

Clarke had a mare - I honestly don't know what we do about the defence. Wilson is solid but Clarke is better plus chips in with goals.

Kean is and has been great since going centre half.

Dummigan attacking wise is fantastic but maybe needs to stop crosses more? Same with hunt. Hunt is solid but the problem of shipping 3 and 4 every week is worrying.

The football is entertaining and let's be honest, we battered Carlisle, they barely touched it at times. We must have crossed into their box 30 times and it was cleared. They just hoofed it. We are a far better team yet went 3-0 down...as odd a that sounds. 

Green is a sideways crab and I've been one of his biggest critics but some fans couldn't wait to get on his back. I didn't want us to re-sign but didn't think he was terrible. 

Byrne a huge miss. EVERYTHING goes through him. When Fane wins it and needs someone to do the rest...that someone wasn't there. Gardners decent but can't do it all on his own in the midfield and often tries one too many turns.

Davies and Doyle weren't up to it today, Holloway made an impact. 

Stick 2nd string out against Newcastle (know we must keep a few) then rest up and we have to be looking at 6 points v Rochdale and Wimbledon if we think we're a decent team. 

Newcastle game takes on extra importance now you would think, not one to be making sweeping changes.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The gap between League 1 and League 2 really isn't that great, Chesterfield and Port Vale are proof of that, Carlisle are a fair team at home against most and there's no such things as gimme's especially if one or two players don't turn up.

Incidentally, that was Carlisle’s first win at home since August.  But I agree that normally they are no mugs on their own patch.

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Did you just make that up?

Their home form is what has been their problem this season. 

Whoever comes in as assistant must have some skills organising a defensive unit. It's clear we are lacking... 

We weren't great today but we battererd them really they barely got near us. One of those days. If menig hits the target or gardners attempt drops under the bar we'd have put 5 past them. 

Missing our key player was always going to be an issue. A little worrying defensively, but still happy with recent progress 

35 minutes ago, joe_lead said:

One or two on here are over thinking today and putting themselves in a bad mood.  Log out, put the kettle on and open a new packet of digestives :D

Stick this on the "unpaid wages" thread....

We should have won today.  We didn't.  That means we've lost out on a windfall.

But it's all good, yeah?

Meh! We were the better side for a lot of that game, and could have been 3-0 up before their first. Not sure what Johny was doing for their third goal, but he is going to have mistakes like that. 

We missed Byrne something terrible. Gardner looked off, Fane had a bad game, despite playing well under Wellens and whilst I thought Green did OK initially, he faded and left Dummigan exposed. Dummigan and Bryan were our two best players and Holloway added a bit after coming on, but he was probably always going to, due to the circumstances, although that's 2 goals in less than 90 minutes of football for him. Which is nice.

I'd look at "resting" Clarke against Newcastle, and play Gerrard, who I don't think would have done as bad defensively today, but probably wouldn't have scored.

The lad who scored 2 goals for them is an Oldham fan, who we released at 15. Sums it up really.

Quite surprised at the comments about us battering them etc, I thought we were poor today in all honesty, not really poor like early in the season, but too many players had an off day for me, Menig, Doyle, Davies not really in the game much, Clarke and Green were poor, their attack bullied Clarke at times today, Placide was in no mans land for the 3rd, if that was Ruddy there would be more said on here. Positives that even when playing poor we still created plenty of chances and on another day score more than them, but they are a struggling League 2 side, very worrying to concede 3 again today. Byrne was a massive miss today, bit worrying that Wigan refused to let him play, hope I am reading more in to it than there actually is. Good turnout again and a decent atmosphere, even at 3 nil down. 

Presumably some of those at the game don't have Twitter so haven't seen this tweet.

I heard the Oldham fan who was chucked out was because he covered up an advertising hoarding with a Haiti flag.

I know OpinionsJnr is making a complaint but if you know more might be worth getting in touch with the FSF_faircop account.

11 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Reading into the byrne absense.. Hes either heading back to wigan to feature for them come january or they're selling him on and we cant meet their figure. 

And we could of had him on a free if we'd of taken him on a permanent deal.

What a massive disappointment that was. What on earth is Menig bringing to this team? Never got past a man today and not interested in tracking back and helping the defence at all. Then we have Green-playing a donkey in a horse race was never going to be a success-having said this we outplayed them with 9 men in effect for first 30 mins. Really felt let down by Wellens game plan today and his lack of response at HT. Thought Holloway made a big difference when he came on.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Awful defending, poor in the air and weak closing down.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41785299

Wow, that is awful to watch, much the same as the MK and Scunthorpe games

tbh I don't think any of our current back 4 are up to it and our defensive midfield efforts are weak too when Fane has one of his walkabout days

lots for RW to sort out or we are going to struggle big time once Byrne and Doyle move on in January

39 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Wow, that is awful to watch, much the same as the MK and Scunthorpe games

tbh I don't think any of our current back 4 are up to it and our defensive midfield efforts are weak too when Fane has one of his walkabout days

lots for RW to sort out or we are going to struggle big time once Byrne and Doyle move on in January

If/when the takeover happens then I think it’s fair to assume we will be bringing players in during January.  Either way, we won’t be going with what we have until the end of the season.... obviously. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

If/when the takeover happens then I think it’s fair to assume we will be bringing players in during January.  Either way, we won’t be going with what we have until the end of the season.... obviously. 

The master of stating the bleeding obvious, obviously.  Ffs:sign0003: