Business prevention - half time pint

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

There are am any revenue prevention techniques that the club adopt ranging from not having enough stock for match days to more strategic techniques such as not opening a supporters bar and being incapable of running a club shop effectively.

If and when the new investors take over there needs to be a root and branch review of how supporters are treated and their needs accommodated. 

Can't our trust rep bring this up at a board meeting and relay the outcome to fans ?

I'd imagine the weather led to understaffing issues on Saturday. Probably all be reet by the Fleetwood game.

I personally think the club pulled off a minor miracle to ensure the game survived the weather on Saturday and deserve congratulations for persevering. There's been times I've been thoroughly pissed off at an uncalled for postponement...the corker being the Swindon game during the Penney season when we called it off about 3 days before and the weather improved and it should've been played. Saturdays game was probably vital to be played (financially) in difficult circumstances. So they dropped the ball a little on the catering...oh well...it's not like that every game and hopefully will be back to normal on Boxing Day.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I never resort to the pies at football matches but have extensive knowledge of heating them up ! Hollands pies need 45 minutes (from frozen) at about 120 C to be sufficiently warm to safely consume so it shouldn't be beyond an adequate caterer to provide enough, even with a game in doubt. However I would echo previous comments regarding getting the game on, especially to fans who cleared the pitch who were rewarded with a great win.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, astottie said:

I know it can be seen as a cheap shot at the club but they do seem to make many avoidable mistakes. No pies, no bovril, no golden goal tickets. It's not difficult and why do I have to climb a grassy bank to get from the north stand to Sheepfoot Lane?

I thought the catering was outsourced these days.

5 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I'd imagine the weather led to understaffing issues on Saturday. Probably all be reet by the Fleetwood game.

I personally think the club pulled off a minor miracle to ensure the game survived the weather on Saturday and deserve congratulations for persevering. There's been times I've been thoroughly pissed off at an uncalled for postponement...the corker being the Swindon game during the Penney season when we called it off about 3 days before and the weather improved and it should've been played. Saturdays game was probably vital to be played (financially) in difficult circumstances. So they dropped the ball a little on the catering...oh well...it's not like that every game and hopefully will be back to normal on Boxing Day.

Unfortunately it has been pretty much like that for the last few games in the North Stand I.e. Previous games run out of Bovril and 25 minute queue for a beer. Perhaps that is why the previous management left,we don't seem to have the usual uplift in performance that you get when you change a manager in football.

It's a strange one.  When in the main stand I could buy a drink consume it and get back to my seat in the half time interval.  Now in the Great White Elephant you have to queue before the game and there is an even bigger queue at half time with the end result that I don't buy anything.

Meh! I’ve used the catering at ISZ about once in a year, I drive so can’t enjoy a HT pint, although I’m not drinking much at the moment anyway.

I’m gluten free so can’t eat anything.

I wasn’t actually that cold on Saturday, so I didn’t need/want a Bovril.

As long as people still use the service, it won’t improve or change. The club doesn’t prevent you from bringing your own food in, nor your own drink (even if you do get searched, which most won’t, making magic coke isn’t hard).

On 11/12/2017 at 12:29 PM, Bobledgersheart said:

However I would echo previous comments regarding getting the game on, especially to fans who cleared the pitch who were rewarded with a great win.

I wasn't rewarded with red wine or a pie though.

Nope. Never happy. Never.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:39 PM, rudemedic said:

Meh! I’ve used the catering at ISZ about once in a year, I drive so can’t enjoy a HT pint, although I’m not drinking much at the moment anyway.

I’m gluten free so can’t eat anything.

I wasn’t actually that cold on Saturday, so I didn’t need/want a Bovril.

As long as people still use the service, it won’t improve or change. The club doesn’t prevent you from bringing your own food in, nor your own drink (even if you do get searched, which most won’t, making magic coke isn’t hard).

What is the point in life?

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Hopefully, they will all be on to the Chief  Exec asap.

Maybe the catering franchise needs looking at for the future.

Edited by BP1960