Bristol Rovers (H)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, deckyd said:

I actually think that this is the case.  Northampton aside, are tactics, formations and tempo have been questionable.

IF this is the case, then it will be the whole Johnson/Holden scenario all over again.
Two heads are better than one but too many cooks etc....

23 shots at goal and 11 corners!
Bloody hell!

Edited by Wardie
Extra info

Poor result, but i will take a draw as when we went behind i didnt see us getting back in the game.  2 defeats and a draw over festive period is poor, as i believe we could of picked up at least 7 points.

1 up top doesnt suit us, Doyle will be a massive miss, clincal and knows how to find spaces to score.  Holloway played okay but he is no finisher, needs a partner to compliment his game.

Only started to attack when we went behind.  Byrne may have his flaws but he and Flynn made a difference.  Tope has been very poor the last two games he has played.  He was outstanding at Doncaster, non existant since.

Clarke had a good game as did Bryan and Fane.  Hunts fault for goal, nothing you can do about it, poor positioning.

B.Rovers got what they came for.  Poor side.  One shot, one goal. We need to score first at home.

Not happy with the change in our playing style.  We are clearly more defensive minded and methodical than previously.  Our gung ho attacking style although leaving us open was winning us games as teams couldnt cope with it, getting players in the box and bombing forward.

We are not pressing as much either as of today.  Played as an away side until we went behind.

Be an intersting Jan, lets hope its a good one.

MOM was Clarke, came back into the side and didnt put a foot wrong.

Edited by deckyd
Said awful result- harsh

3 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Awful result, but i will take a draw as when we went behind i didnt see us getting back in the game.  2 defeats and a draw over festive period is poor, as i believe we could of picked up at least 7 points.

1 up top doesnt suit us, Doyle will be a massive miss, clincal and knows how to find spaces to score.  Holloway played okay but he is no finisher, needs a partner to compliment his game.

Only started to attack when we went behind.  Byrne may have his flaws but he and Flynn made a difference.  Tope has been very poor the last two games he has played.  He was outstanding at Doncaster, no existant since.

Clarke had a good game as did Bryan and Fane.  Hunts fault for goal, nothing you can do about it, poor positioning.

B.Rovers got what they came for.  Poor side.  One shot, one goal. We need to score first at home.

Not happy with the change in our playing style.  We are clearly more defensive minded and methodical than previously.  Our gung ho attacking style although leaving us open was winning us games as teams couldnt cope with it, getting players in the box and bombing forward.

We are not pressing as much either as of today.  Played as an away side until we went behind.

Be an intersting Jan, lets hope its a good one.

MOM was Clarke, came back into the side and didnt put a foot wrong.

Agree with every bit - well summed up. Paul Terry has been here months but what has Jewell brought? Is he even on the touch line? Experience can sometimes be a bad thing and he appears to have put the reins on Wellens to our detriment 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Another game we should have won on chances created. 

Gardner so poor again today. It was more him going off than who came on that improved us.  Flynn did ok though. 

Fane MOM for me. 

Thats because gardner is shite.

Just saying..