Bristol Rovers (H)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not slating the Legend for one second. However didn’t he say something along the lines of Ryan Brooke is going to the top of the game ? Unless I’ve either dreamt that or not noticed him making any champions league appearances ? Even the best get it wrong sometimes. Hopefully he is right tho and we’ve got a gem. But I would like to see him loaned out and developed at a lower level before being in our team tbh. 

To be fair Brooke suffered a very serious injury in a pre season friendly, he was never the same after that.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not slating the Legend for one second. However didn’t he say something along the lines of Ryan Brooke is going to the top of the game ? Unless I’ve either dreamt that or not noticed him making any champions league appearances ? Even the best get it wrong sometimes. Hopefully he is right tho and we’ve got a gem. But I would like to see him loaned out and developed at a lower level before being in our team tbh. 

He also thought Ian Westlake and Shane Supple (think that’s his name gk) were the next big things 

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

He also thought Ian Westlake and Shane Supple (think that’s his name gk) were the next big things 

Westlake was a solid signing at the time. Supple was half decent for us although he did go on to be shite. 

We've got one thread slating Placide, another slating Byrne and now one slating Royle. :lol:

Just now, HarryBosch said:

Westlake was a solid signing at the time. Supple was half decent for us although he did go on to be shite. 

We've got one thread slating Placide, another slating Byrne and now one slating Royle. :lol:

I’m far from slating him Harry - the big man is responsible for my first years visiting Boundary park being amazing before the life sentence that followed... I didn’t think either Westlake or Supple were that great but maybe I was affected by the monumental collapse that season had become 

8 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Since wellens took over;

Davies 3 goals 2 assists in 15 league games 

Holloway 1 goal 5 assists in 9 league games. 

Jack Byrne 2 goals 3 assists in 15 league games. 

Only started one of those 9 league games, too... played < 20 minutes in 6 of them!

Started Saturday and hope you saw how that turned out.  Can't play those two up front again today.  Would love to see them win us a game but with their backs to goal and Holloway always looking for someone to mark him so he can lean on them so he doesn't get free kicks can't see it.  Why he plays so differently when he comes on as a substitute I don't understand.

Sad to say I'm not really looking forward to the match today like I was a month ago.  It has gone wrong and yes I blame the Pauls.

22 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Duffus has looked utter garbage every time

Maybe the lad needs a run of games but in his sub appearances, he's looked completely lost bar winning 1 free kick in 1 match. 

I would honestly give Mclaughlin another crack up top, Think outside the box a bit, he Will have good movement and press the opposition. Looked dangerous with a big man next to him the couple of times he played up there last season. 

He won't though, it will be Davies and Holloway or a packed midfield with Byrne behind Davies. No idea why Nepo has been dropped a couple of times recently, should be starting all day long.

Duffus looks far from ready, it must be said

These have got a shocking away record. Have to be beating them if we want to stay competitive. Had some terrible results against some poor sides in the last couple of weeks. I will start to get worried and look downwards for the first time in a long time if we lose again today.

16 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

These have got a shocking away record. Have to be beating them if we want to stay competitive. Had some terrible results against some poor sides in the last couple of weeks. I will start to get worried and look downwards for the first time in a long time if we lose again today.

Agreed. Must win.  Dale and Bury look very likely to drop so only two spots to avoid. Let’s get well away ASAP and see where we can get to. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

No snow, but it is absolutely freezing and the wind is battering down. I went out for a run in it this morning and now I think I've got Ebola so wrap up warm lads...

It’s quite mild. Warmed up significantly compared to last few days. Topoff will be fine. 

40 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Fleetwood had a terrible home and away record....

18 hours ago, BP1960 said:

To be fair Brooke suffered a very serious injury in a pre season friendly, he was never the same after that.

The game that broke one player Brooke and made some serious cash off another Tom Eaves.

funny ole game footy is.

hope you feel better soon BP

im not looking forward to this match either and h weather has now gone worse, windy and lashing it down.warm up and waterproofs on folks

Edited by underdog