Bristol Rovers (H)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Feeling terrible, it looks like I'm going to miss my second home match in succession , better keep away anyway - don't want any more nasty viruses at the club.

Hope you get well soon BP, I shall adjust my prediction league attendance accordingly.

Gevaro to start

byrne to be man of the match , subbed at 3-0 with 2 mins to go , and gets a standing ovation on his last match 

obadeyi to play up top with Davies 

holloway on the bench and to come on as sub with 10 mins to go

let’s Have a win to finish off the year well

brizzle will bring 500+, so hope for a little over 4,000

All the best to Doyle, hope the injury is not as bad as reported

thanks for your goals, especially the worldly v dogdale 

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Feeling terrible, it looks like I'm going to miss my second home match in succession , better keep away anyway - don't want any more nasty viruses at the club.

Hope you feel better soon BP. See you for Rotherham on 13th, hopefully.

I'd go 4-2-3-1:

Placide

Dummigan

Gerrard

Bryan

Hunt

Gardner

Fane

McLaughlin

Byrne

Nepomuceno

Davies

Using Holloway and Obadeyi off the bench may be the best way to use them.  Hopefully Byrne will be forced into an advanced role alongside Davies to get the most out of him.

7 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Id start duffus upfront with Davies we can't play one upfront with Davies and get that kid game time than halloway  

Same as I’ve asked someone else - what have you seen in Duffus to suggest he’s ready for a start ? I’d be looking to send him out on loan in January if it was down to me. He just does not look mentally or physically ready to me. A spell in the National league or thereabouts could work wonders. 

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Same as I’ve asked someone else - what have you seen in Duffus to suggest he’s ready for a start ? I’d be looking to send him out on loan in January if it was down to me. He just does not look mentally or physically ready to me. A spell in the National league or thereabouts could work wonders. 

Just going off everyone has had a start except him going off recent play of the strikers worth a punt apart from all that I agree with you 

24 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Same as I’ve asked someone else - what have you seen in Duffus to suggest he’s ready for a start ?  

Is it not more a case of what he's seen in Holloway as a starter to suggest we might aswell give Duffus a go? 

I sound like I'm slating Holoway on here - I'm not, he's been very, very good from the bench so it seems daft not to use him that way for now.

51 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is it not more a case of what he's seen in Holloway as a starter to suggest we might aswell give Duffus a go? 

I sound like I'm slating Holoway on here - I'm not, he's been very, very good from the bench so it seems daft not to use him that way for now.

I think it’s a case of we are going to miss Doyle whoever starts. I like Davies and Holloway but both of em need that ginger haired goal machine at the side of them to be at their most effective imo. 

Duffus has looked utter garbage every time

Maybe the lad needs a run of games but in his sub appearances, he's looked completely lost bar winning 1 free kick in 1 match. 

I would honestly give Mclaughlin another crack up top, Think outside the box a bit, he Will have good movement and press the opposition. Looked dangerous with a big man next to him the couple of times he played up there last season. 

He won't though, it will be Davies and Holloway or a packed midfield with Byrne behind Davies. No idea why Nepo has been dropped a couple of times recently, should be starting all day long.

I would rather be inside the box and play Davies up top with Byrne as a proper number 10 behind him then 4 4 Johny.  I then expect Byrne not to stray more than five yards into our half and would expect him to hit another of those great strikes from outside the box.  Alternatively clone 9 Bryans and play him in every position with Johny still there for the fun he makes. 

Argh more snow.

32 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:
32 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Duffus has looked utter garbage every time

A bit harsh on the lad after the medical problem he's had. He probably needed another pre-season or maybe a little more to get up to speed.  If Big Joe thinks he's a player that's good enough for me. 

Edited by Bobledgersheart
re-write

1 hour ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Stats on Davies and Holloway assist please?

Since wellens took over;

Davies 3 goals 2 assists in 15 league games 

Holloway 1 goal 5 assists in 9 league games. 

Jack Byrne 2 goals 3 assists in 15 league games. 

Edited by adamoafc

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not slating the Legend for one second. However didn’t he say something along the lines of Ryan Brooke is going to the top of the game ? Unless I’ve either dreamt that or not noticed him making any champions league appearances ? Even the best get it wrong sometimes. Hopefully he is right tho and we’ve got a gem. But I would like to see him loaned out and developed at a lower level before being in our team tbh. 

20 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not slating the Legend for one second. However didn’t he say something along the lines of Ryan Brooke is going to the top of the game ? Unless I’ve either dreamt that or not noticed him making any champions league appearances ? Even the best get it wrong sometimes. Hopefully he is right tho and we’ve got a gem. But I would like to see him loaned out and developed at a lower level before being in our team tbh. 

Think he said he was one of the best finishers he’d seen.