The Abdallah Lemsagam era begins

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

Being how vigilant the EFL have been,  the F&PP testing that would have been done ect....then  if true re not being paid then I presume it's a genuine error this time.

IMO, i don't think we should be panicking yet.

If you’re talking sense - you’ve come to the wrong place 

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

If you’re talking sense - you’ve come to the wrong place 

Ohhhhh there are times i know...heheh

I'm sure if true it will be sorted, I have seen that Al was certainly at the club today at an event a the OEC so he's certainly still around.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

Being how vigilant the EFL have been,  the F&PP testing that would have been done ect....then  if true re not being paid then I presume it's a genuine error this time.

IMO, i don't think we should be panicking yet.

Why spoil the moment for the eternal pessimists, Underdog?? Moaning and whining that the 'takeover ' was dragging its heels, now moaning and whining still...even to the point where the guy's smile is being picked apart...or, he is using the club to launder money! You just could not make it up. 

• Like 1

Mike Keegan has probably forgotten more than I ever knew about football and I would be surprised if he really made this statement about non payment of staff wages, I know that some were paid yesterday which actually was a day early. It really is time this issue was put to bed

Edited by another fan

FFS he's just taken over and the knives are out.  

If some players (not all) haven't been paid, do we know for certain if its cash flow or simply an administrative error resulting from change of regime of the takeover.  Sensationalism.  The EFL are much more stringent now on the fit and proper test so I don't have any concerns.

We're offering a fee for the likes of Devante Cole then that suggests we have an increased budget and finances to buy decent players at last.  Byrne, Doyle, Bryan and the others recently won't come cheap either.

Perhaps we simply got outbid and Wellens had all his eggs in the one basket on targets.  I think it'll be a different scenario come the summer with or without Wellens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

FFS he's just taken over and the knives are out.  

If some players (not all) haven't been paid, do we know for certain if its cash flow or simply an administrative error resulting from change of regime of the takeover.  Sensationalism.  The EFL are much more stringent now on the fit and proper test so I don't have any concerns.

We're offering a fee for the likes of Devante Cole then that suggests we have an increased budget and finances to buy decent players at last.  Byrne, Doyle, Bryan and the others recently won't come cheap either.

Perhaps we simply got outbid and Wellens had all his eggs in the one basket on targets.  I think it'll be a different scenario come the summer with or without Wellens.

Thank Christ! Somebody with a sense of perspective and sensibility. 

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Why spoil the moment for the eternal pessimists, Underdog?? Moaning and whining that the 'takeover ' was dragging its heels, now moaning and whining still...even to the point where the guy's smile is being picked apart...or, he is using the club to launder money! You just could not make it up. 

I know...aren't I a kill joy.  I will now go sit on the naughty step.

i daren't mention that alledgedly, the EFL require new owners to but a hefty security of monies with them and on the rumour thread that Al may have been gifting monies to help the club for quite some time pre take over.

yep back on  the naughty step I go..boo hoo 

1 minute ago, underdog said:

I know...aren't I a kill joy.  I will now go sit on the naughty step.

i daren't mention that alledgedly, the EFL require new owners to but a hefty security of monies with them and on the rumour thread that Al may have been gifting monies to help the club for quite some time pre take over.

yep back on  the naughty step I go..boo hoo 

I am glad you used the word "allegedly" there! :D 

16 minutes ago, another fan said:

Mike Keegan has probably forgotten more than I ever knew about football and I would be surprised if he really made this statement about non payment of staff wages, I know that some were paid yesterday which actually was a day early. It really is time this issue was put to bed

They get paid last working day of the month so how was yesterday early?

Edited by Buckshawlatic
Changed lady to last ?

se

5 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Payday must have changed from my info then 

Used to be last Friday of the month for match day staff. Changed quite a while back to the 1st day of the following month (assuming that it was not at weekend)   

Edited by another fan

36 minutes ago, Wardie said:

To be fair, I was the one who made the comment on his smile, it was simply a joke, think your being a bit dramatic with that 

On 31/01/2018 at 9:57 PM, LightDN123 said:

Slightly off topic, does his smile creep anyone else out ? 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

A complete inaccurate one 

You did post it and I used it as an example of some of the comments being made. Nothing inaccurate about that. The dramatic license is is your opinion, to which you are entitled, as I am entitled to mine.

19 minutes ago, another fan said:

se

Used to be last Friday of the month for match day staff. Changed quite a while back to the 1st day of the following month (assuming that it was not at weekend)   

Hasn’t been last Friday of the month since about December 2016 when it was changed to last working day of month - not heard of first being introduced but may be wrong 

** though I’m talking full time staff - may be different for match day 

Edited by Buckshawlatic