Boundary Park returns to Ice Station Zebra

Let’s hope this is the first of a long list of improvements to get the ground and team firing on all cylinders. I love our new chairman. Well done sir keep up the good work in improving our club. Exciting times are ahead . Makes a nice change from the doom merchants on here. Also we should go all out to support this guy and try and get our fan home base back to a reasonable level.

5 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Let’s hope this is the first of a long list of improvements to get the ground and team firing on all cylinders. I love our new chairman. Well done sir keep up the good work in improving our club. Exciting times are ahead . Makes a nice change from the doom merchants on here. Also we should go all out to support this guy and try and get our fan home base back to a reasonable level.

I'm pleased to say after meeting him and his brother this week that they seem genuine in their love of our club. We are a Business first and foremost and they seem astute with wanting to getting the balance right both on and off the pitch and get back to basics of us being a family club.

they have embraced what the Trust is and have made great efforts to bring back into the fold your Trust rep Simon Brooke and by doing this, you could say tapped into what we would like to happen with regards to the ground, marketing, match day experience ect. 

small steps and getting it right first time, personally I'd rather do it this way then have someone fly in and decide to chuck money around and it all implodes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, underdog said:

Bloody Nora...hahah...give us a chance...all valid questions.

lets just say it's been refreshing that the new owner has acknowledged the Trust role at the club, helped to maintain its status with the shares again at companies house re takeover, is very much supportive of what we have achieved, what's it's struggled to achieve (old regime) and wants to really work with us all owner, club, supporters and trust to achieve great/good things.

we all have to acknowledge the role Simon Brooke has done not just during the negotiation, but in giving us an equal voice in matters and worked on building a rapport with Al. Both are working on some ideas for the club and us fans.

Yes the renaming of BP was on our list as well as other items that the previous regime was unable to manage. In my mind it's getting the basics right....our home, our team, our town and our time...Al understood that this change was necessary. I don't know who much it cost to make the change..but boy I'm glad it's done

I'm sure LL and Jorvik can explain things more sensibly as I'm not logical at a all...

so tba good stuff coming put of BP

Make sure Sky Sports News know. As far as I'm aware they're the only ones who ever call it SportsDirect.com Park.

3 hours ago, underdog said:

I'm pleased to say after meeting him and his brother this week that they seem genuine in their love of our club. We are a Business first and foremost and they seem astute with wanting to getting the balance right both on and off the pitch and get back to basics of us being a family club.

they have embraced what the Trust is and have made great efforts to bring back into the fold your Trust rep Simon Brooke and by doing this, you could say tapped into what we would like to happen with regards to the ground, marketing, match day experience ect. 

small steps and getting it right first time, personally I'd rather do it this way then have someone fly in and decide to chuck money around and it all implodes.

Does AL feel it's necessary for the PlayerShare scheme to continue operating or do I need to cancel my Direct Debit contribution?

24 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Does AL feel it's necessary for the PlayerShare scheme to continue operating or do I need to cancel my Direct Debit contribution?

You could say it's on a list  of things to discuss Diego.

I really couldn't say either way what you should do really and it's be wrong for me to presume what is the future of Playershare.

What I can say is that we were hoping for a major re-launch of it this season, to recruit more committee members to run it, to give  easyfundraising a big push too, but the uncertainty of the takeover and then it actually happening, has put this on the back burner.

whateve your decision is Playershare really truely appreciate your donations and all fans donations and support over the years.

I will of course keep you all posted.

cheers

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYbtMo0WAAAHZ_u.jpg:large

Picture from top: Elk Mill & Broadway; Boundary Park; Boundary Park Hospital (Oldham & District General) & Westwood Park; Rochdale Rd/Featherstall Rd junction & Willowbank Mill; and Queen's Hotel & Royal Mill in front left-hand corner.

Coldhurst info: http://www.pixnet.co.uk/Oldham-hrg/members/irene-beever/pages/coldhurst.html

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Good question, I’d like to know the answer to this too. Also, what had the Playershare pot been contributing to lately? It seems a long time ago that Lativian eddie and Big George were here.....?

1 minute ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYbtMo0WAAAHZ_u.jpg:large

Picture from top: Elk Mill & Broadway; Boundary Park; Boundary Park Hospital (Oldham & District General) & Westwood Park; Rochdale Rd/Featherstall Rd junction & Willowbank Mill; and Queen's Hotel & Royal Mill in front left-hand corner.

Coldhurst info: http://www.pixnet.co.uk/Oldham-hrg/members/irene-beever/pages/coldhurst.html

A town of chimneys, pitch didn't look good even back then.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Good question, I’d like to know the answer to this too. Also, what had the Playershare pot been contributing to lately? It seems a long time ago that Lativian eddie and Big George were here.....?

The pot so to speak hasn't been touched/request from the manager since Big G was in place. Everytime we wanted to approach the manager to advise them of it/remind them of it or help to promote it, the bloody timing has been off. It's hard to raise awareness when we have been fighting off relegation on the pitch and our off pitch struggles, well documented too.

Donations/monies have been coming through steadily during this uncertain time. Opinions4u online Website page is a fantastic way of not committing to regular donations if it puts you off,  but doing something simple as going your online shopping gives us a kickback to the kitty.

there have been lots of trust/playershare stuff both committees have wanted to do over the last few seasons, but couldn't pull them off for various reasons.

i believe the new regime will see changes to this, the first being our name back to BP with consultation with the Trust to do this.

Edited by underdog

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I was referring to us bravely stepping forward to say we like the new badge.

I feel strangely happy for this to be known....I will stand with you my fellow latics fan, do not suffe in silence let it be known you , me and lookers stand stand firm..heheh.