Boundary Park returns to Ice Station Zebra

Doesn’t make much difference to the fans, we will always refer to it as Boundary Park anyway. What I will add, is that AL seems to be making the right noises, I genuinely believe when he says the fans come first, it’s a clever move this.

6 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Great news...

I think there is still some kind of deal in place with sports direct as it was a 6 year deal initially but it’s been renegotiated in terms of stadium naming rights! 

6 year deal and I think 4 have already gone, so 2 to go I guess.

7 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Great news...

I think there is still some kind of deal in place with sports direct as it was a 6 year deal initially but it’s been renegotiated in terms of stadium naming rights! 

Yeah, they still have the shop, although it remains to be seen what their plans are for it.

21 minutes ago, underdog said:

Following on from teh clubs announced. Her is the Trust announcement.

http://trustoldham.co.uk/welcome-home/

Thanks Tracey. Do I deduce from the Trust’s statement that this initiative was something the trust raised with Mr. Lemsagam because the Trust believed the majority of fans took issue with the name? 

One assumes Mr. Lemsagam - having no association with the club prior to this last year - wouldn’t have any issue with its name.

Or is it because the Trust and/or Mr. Lemsagam felt the naming rights were undersold?

Whilst it will always be Boundary Park to me, I’d happily hand over the naming rights to any commercial organisation willing to pay an acceptable sum for the privilege.

Final question. When we say ‘renegotiated’ do we mean, we lose income by removing the naming rights form the Sports Direct deal, or Sports Direct have agreed to drop it for no reduction in cost to them?

23 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Thanks Tracey. Do I deduce from the Trust’s statement that this initiative was something the trust raised with Mr. Lemsagam because the Trust believed the majority of fans took issue with the name? 

One assumes Mr. Lemsagam - having no association with the club prior to this last year - wouldn’t have any issue with its name.

Or is it because the Trust and/or Mr. Lemsagam felt the naming rights were undersold?

Whilst it will always be Boundary Park to me, I’d happily hand over the naming rights to any commercial organisation willing to pay an acceptable sum for the privilege.

Final question. When we say ‘renegotiated’ do we mean, we lose income by removing the naming rights form the Sports Direct deal, or Sports Direct have agreed to drop it for no reduction in cost to them?

Bloody Nora...hahah...give us a chance...all valid questions.

lets just say it's been refreshing that the new owner has acknowledged the Trust role at the club, helped to maintain its status with the shares again at companies house re takeover, is very much supportive of what we have achieved, what's it's struggled to achieve (old regime) and wants to really work with us all owner, club, supporters and trust to achieve great/good things.

we all have to acknowledge the role Simon Brooke has done not just during the negotiation, but in giving us an equal voice in matters and worked on building a rapport with Al. Both are working on some ideas for the club and us fans.

Yes the renaming of BP was on our list as well as other items that the previous regime was unable to manage. In my mind it's getting the basics right....our home, our team, our town and our time...Al understood that this change was necessary. I don't know who much it cost to make the change..but boy I'm glad it's done

I'm sure LL and Jorvik can explain things more sensibly as I'm not logical at a all...

so tba good stuff coming put of BP

Edited by underdog

10 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Is it too late to resurrect the old badge for next season’s kits?

This. On the list of priorities I know its not really up there but if we could have the old badge or a better designed one that would be nice. This current one seems too cartoony and i've never really warmed to it.

Maybe not for next season but going forward it's something i'd like to see be re-visited.

I'm happy it will be referred to as Boundary PArk, and I supect Roy, Mike & Sam on iFollow are too!

Personally, I prefer a sopnsors  short name  thenBoundary Park, becasue I'd be happy for an extra player on the back of the extra naming rights.

Imagine the extra money enabled us to afford Doyle,Bryan or Byrne?

Or paid substantially for the Youth, or the basis or a Reserve team.

Obviously the devil is in the detail, but it would look like all the money has gone (ie no more payments) hence why we can re-negotiate withdrawing the name.

There is a nice video interview with Al about it on the clubs official site but I'm crap at uploading it.

you can hear from the man why he felt it was important. Can anyone upload the link? Cheers

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, stott182 said:

Does AL own the rights to the  three other stands not owned by the OEC?

Could mean he could start initiatives in those stands without losing money to third party ownership.

Unless,I'm missed something, he's very much owner of the club in name. The land and stands are owner by our landlords.

im not brilliant with business stuff but I'm presuming he can with the landlords permission, make changes that would benefit all concerned