New Manager

The New owner has probably got someone in mind for next season does anyone else agree with me bring them in this week and put them in charge for the Northampton game. New Manager syndrome and all that. Let's face it Wellens his clueless and next week's game is the biggest in years

Lets just back him and hope we can remain safe, then worry about all this shite a week from now when we know our situation. Until then, positivity and support is going to help us cross the line, that means backing wellens for that time. As an oldham supporter that’s what you, I, and everyone else should be doing. So let’s stop discussing the managers future and get behind the team and build up some positivity over this week ready for a huge game in the history of OUR club. 

47 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not bothered what he’s done (particularly if rumours are true), i’d get TP by his side for next weekend

Can’t have helped things not having TP around seeing as there is no official assistant manager. His suspension couldn’t have come at a worse time.

Be silly to get rid now before the Northampton game. We need as much stabilty as possible going into that match. I don't think AL will get rid of RW either in summer. All the managerial issues we've had have dumped us where we are now. I think he'll see getting rid of Wellens as counter productive. He's all for laying the foundations to build the club up and I think sacking RW goes against that Ethos.

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

He has to go! I don’t necessarily agree with sacking him now, but he can’t stay next season !

Well give it Shez then with his great record of 4 points in first nine games. That’s why we are in the shit. 

Personally I’d stick with RW next season no matter what division we are in.

The club needs some stability and continuity.

He’s a rookie manager who took over the club when they were in a desperate situation and were rock bottom of the league.

He will be honest enough to say that he’s made mistakes but he’s new to the job for goodness sake! Of course he’s going to make mistakes.

He wasn’t helped by the transfer embargo fiasco in January and Paul Jewell let him down badly as well.

He deserves a proper crack at it next season with a strengthened squad, and an experienced assistant manager alongside him.

12 hours ago, Owl said:

The New owner has probably got someone in mind for next season does anyone else agree with me bring them in this week and put them in charge for the Northampton game. New Manager syndrome and all that. Let's face it Wellens his clueless and next week's game is the biggest in years

'Owled' with laughter reading this

Clearly a Football Genius :laught16: 

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Personally I’d stick with RW next season no matter what division we are in.

The club needs some stability and continuity.

He’s a rookie manager who took over the club when they were in a desperate situation and were rock bottom of the league.

He will be honest enough to say that he’s made mistakes but he’s new to the job for goodness sake! Of course he’s going to make mistakes.

He wasn’t helped by the transfer embargo fiasco in January and Paul Jewell let him down badly as well.

He deserves a proper crack at it next season with a strengthened squad, and an experienced assistant manager alongside him.

Well said I totally agree with you

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Not so daft.  Shez would get us a win.  If Charlton beat Rochdale does Wellens get the credit for keeping us up or does he get the blame for nearly taking us down.

Yeh Shez is doing great at Fleetwood since they became save. NOT . The man was a disaster at the beginning of the season and we would not be fighting for our division 1 status only for his bad management of the team during the first nine games. His goalkeeper selection at the time cost us many points. Or where you asleep for the first nine games. 4 points we had when Wellens took over after 9 soding games. If you think that is great management then god help us. Replicated over a season we would be down with Bury by now not still with a fighting chance of staying up. There are some bloody crazy people on this forum. Wellens should be given a chance for next season with his own recruits in the summer to strengthen the team and a good assistant manager recruited to give him guidance. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Your third posting in less than an hour in different threads all basically saying the same thing 

Are you the terrible terrible troll?

He’s trying to destabilise the team for next Saturday. Obviously he’s a Dale or Northampton fan. 

18 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Yeh Shez is doing great at Fleetwood since they became save. NOT . The man was a disaster at the beginning of the season and we would not be fighting for our division 1 status only for his bad management of the team during the first nine games. His goalkeeper selection at the time cost us many points. Or where you asleep for the first nine games. 4 points we had when Wellens took over after 9 soding games. If you think that is great management then god help us. Replicated over a season we would be down with Bury by now not still with a fighting chance of staying up. There are some bloody crazy people on this forum. Wellens should be given a chance for next season with his own recruits in the summer to strengthen the team and a good assistant manager recruited to give him guidance. 

Shez was already showing signs of a up turn. The reason we are still in this league is because shez saved us twice! Maybe a bit of credit where credit is due you call people “bloody crazy”. The only reason we will stay up, if we do is because of Doyle bryne and Bryan. Remind me who signed those 4? Then remind me who signed Pringle Benyu and benteke. He has mismanaged those first 3, hence while we’re in this mess,

26 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

He’s trying to destabilise the team for next Saturday. Obviously he’s a Dale or Northampton fan. 

Good call. Placide and Hunt especially are known readers of OWTB, so some anonymous ramblings would definitely destabilise them. 

Continuity of what? Shit results?

He's looked really out of his depth ever since December.  Some of the performances have been downright depressing at times with the team playing like they were pulled off the local park.
I can see people are still holding on to the faint hope of that if we keep him we'll revert to his first 5 games but ever since then have we seen them play like that? 

We should not be in this position and I still struggle to see how he has managed to get us into this mess. The players we have and the fixtures we had (the last 7 draws) we should have easily won the majority of those games. (and people think it's an achievement we might stay up)

He's fallen out with Byrne. Sent Clarke away. Gone on to blame the fans and then take a shot at the training facilities.

If he stays the atmosphere won't be great especially with players like Byrne and we'll likely start the season with a slump and them promptly remove him in September and do it all over again.
I think he's gone anyway, his demeanor in recent interviews suggesting the fans were to blame for Southends 5 min goal and the fans were to blame for the loss of momentum from the bizarre substitutions all sound very David Dunn esque.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Shez was already showing signs of a up turn. The reason we are still in this league is because shez saved us twice! Maybe a bit of credit where credit is due you call people “bloody crazy”. The only reason we will stay up, if we do is because of Doyle bryne and Bryan. Remind me who signed those 4? Then remind me who signed Pringle Benyu and benteke. He has mismanaged those first 3, hence while we’re in this mess,

Agreed Shez kept us up for two seasons I am not knocking him for that but I do hold him responsible for the shitty start to this season. You cannot live in the past so get real and admit that this season he did nothing for us and what up turn are you talking about before he left . Replacing one rookie keeper with another and not trying to work with the prospective new owner. He will never return to this club as long as Al is owning it so get over it. He's crap. Oh yes and Wellens record of 41 points in 36 games would mean that we would be mid table if he had managed us from the start of the season in stead of stubborn Shez. 

Edited by Smiler13

55 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Continuity of what? Shit results?

He's looked really out of his depth ever since December.  Some of the performances have been downright depressing at times with the team playing like they were pulled off the local park.
I can see people are still holding on to the faint hope of that if we keep him we'll revert to his first 5 games but ever since then have we seen them play like that? 

We should not be in this position and I still struggle to see how he has managed to get us into this mess. The players we have and the fixtures we had (the last 7 draws) we should have easily won the majority of those games. (and people think it's an achievement we might stay up)

He's fallen out with Byrne. Sent Clarke away. Gone on to blame the fans and then take a shot at the training facilities.

If he stays the atmosphere won't be great especially with players like Byrne and we'll likely start the season with a slump and them promptly remove him in September and do it all over again.
I think he's gone anyway, his demeanor in recent interviews suggesting the fans were to blame for Southends 5 min goal and the fans were to blame for the loss of momentum from the bizarre substitutions all sound very David Dunn esque.

Don’t think I’ve ever agreed with you but yes... this 100%

• Like 1