Ritchie Wellens

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

How many points gained in January? You know, when we didn't have Bryan, Byrne, Doyle et al?

Ha. You said we were done after the end of the transfer window, so I show you we did well immediately following that for 5 consecutive games including Blackburn and Scunthorpe away.....so you flip your argument again.  You need to stop. 

....all over the place. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

One has many years of coaching experience, the other doesn't, simple enough to understand really.

😂

Your very good at deflecting. 

Your a well known wind up merchant, who often try’s to hard. When your riddles/contradictions are pulled up, you bring in another obscure point. 

You got more faces than a rubix cube. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Ha. You said we were done after the end of the transfer window, so I show you we did well immediately following that for 5 consecutive games including Blackburn and Scunthorpe away.....so you flip your argument again.  You need to stop. 

....all over the place. 

No I said not having those players available in January was a big blow.

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

Your very good at deflecting. 

Your a well known wind up merchant, who often try’s to hard. When your riddles/contradictions are pulled up, you bring in another obscure point. 

You got more faces than a rubix cube. 

Rookie manager working in tough circumstances with no experience didn't have all the answers, not sure why people find that so hard to comprehend.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No I said not having those players available in January was a big blow.

No. You said everything that happened AFTER was a consequence. We got 11 points in the 5 games after.

So we were good enough in the 5 games and the 6 weeks following.

Then we weren’t again.  Manager!  

If you can’t recall that he changed his approach I suggest you have a think. He changed it and we went totally off the boil. The personnel was the same in March as it was in Feb.

We capitulated against Portsmouth at home and he bottled it, buggering about with tactics and formation from that game on. 

I dont know know if you actually believe this constant repositioning of your point or if you are just a contrarian. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

No. You said everything that happened AFTER was a consequence. We got 11 points in the 5 games after.

So we were good enough in the 5 games and the 6 weeks following.

Then we weren’t again.  Manager!  

If you can’t recall that he changed his approach I suggest you have a think. He changed it and we went totally off the boil. The personnel was the same in March as it was in Feb.

We capitulated against Portsmouth at home and he bottled it, buggering about with tactics and formation from that game on. 

The three matches that Bryan and Byrne didn't play IN JANUARY we took one point out of nine, won three of the following five when they came back.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Both. Bunn does have many more years coaching experience to fall back on though so you'd hope he might have learned a thing or two in that time.

Coaching and managing are two very different animals. 

Both are rookie managers. 

Both have/are working under tough conditions. 

Wellens though had a far better squad to work with- and failed. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Coaching and managing are two very different animals. 

Both are rookie managers. 

Both have/are working under tough conditions. 

Wellens though had a far better squad to work with- and failed. 

Depends how you define failure I guess.

Coaching and managing are indeed different - not unreasonable to think though that we might have expected more from Bunn in terms in tactical nous etc.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:33 PM, L1onheartNew said:

Some of the football under Wellens was the best i have seen from an Oldham side in years.

He will not be anywhere near as hamstrung as he was here. Tenner going on Swindon to go up.

2 downboats. 2 Shezbots. Can i get a nanu nanu?

On 11/14/2018 at 10:42 PM, deyres42 said:

The three matches that Bryan and Byrne didn't play IN JANUARY we took one point out of nine, won three of the following five when they came back.

January was terrible.

But we didn't get relegated by January's results only. We were on the slide from October.
2 more points in 35 games from October would have kept us up. I think RW got sidetracked by the off the field stuff, rather than shielding the players from it.
No team ever got relegated from one month's results.

Here is his points per game for each month.
2poy0ed.jpg

8 minutes ago, singe said:

January was terrible.

But we didn't get relegated by January's results only. We were on the slide from October.
2 more points in 35 games from October would have kept us up. I think RW got sidetracked by the off the field stuff, rather than shielding the players from it.
No team ever got relegated from one month's results.

Here is his points per game for each month.
2poy0ed.jpg

The last 8 were more important than all the others though, never forget that.

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He's right though, other teams managed to pull it round and stay up - we didn't.

It's how you react to adversity that defines you.

Think you’ve misunderstood Bob. 

I’m in full agreement. 

Im just Acknowldeging Mr Eyres latest punt at a wind up, unfortunately for him I think we’re all bit loved up with Rochdale tie to get involved today. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Think you’ve misunderstood Bob. 

I’m in full agreement. 

Im just Acknowldeging Mr Eyres latest punt at a wind up, unfortunately for him I think we’re all bit loved up with Rochdale tie to get involved today. 

Ah, now I understand. I'm getting there, but slowly !