Macclesfield (h)

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Gardner was every bit as bad as coke today. 

Was crying out for Baxter.  When he is fit and firing I honestly think we will do well in this league. 

It’s a massive plus that we can win with him still to come into the side. 

Big result for confidence. 

Happy days. 

Odd game. Mac until they scored were dire. We looked ok first half. Gardner needs to stop trying to Hollywood everytbing but he had a good half and tried to get us going. 

2nd half they woke up after the free kick and we were really negative. They had plenty of holes at the back  but instead we bring on a defender and move hunt to wing back position. As we had no one in the middle passing the ball Mac were able to pick it up and create chances.

It doesn't bode well that we had to hang on against a really poor side and we didn't create loads either but we got there.

Iverson good game

Clarke and George excellent

Taylor solid

Hunt I thought gave his man too much room and didn't impress as a wing back. 

Nepo  was busy couple of decent crosses first half faded second.

Gardner good first half, quiet 2nd

Coke passenger need to see more from him

Johan did ok bit of luck for the goal couple of decent runs 1st half 

Sturridge looks a handful great goal

Cog  some good hold up play not bad

Miller. Dire defending helped him but good strength and found a finish..

Plenty of work to be done and I'd like to see more threat from set prices but a much needed win. 

Edited by bluehobbit

24 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Can’t help but feel the third goal has got Frankie out of jail there. How Giles Coke lasted 90 mins christ knows. Severely lacking in midfield. Sooner Fane and Baxter are fit again, the better.

It was 3-1. ? 

1 minute ago, Horlicks said:

We’ve scraped past one of the shittest teams I’ve ever seen at BP, apologies if I’m not too excited.

Its a work in progress.  Christ this forum has some miserable gits. 

Bit like the bloke that called in to radion bolton first with his ‘review’ of the game. “I didn’t go and I didn’t listen to much, but it sounded like we were lucky to say the least”.  ?

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Gardner was every bit as bad as coke today. 

Was crying out for Baxter.  When he is fit and firing I honestly think we will do well in this league. 

Sorry your wrong with regards Gardner he was the best player on the pitch first half, granted not as strong second but he was a one man band in the centre of the park today.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Its a work in progress.  Christ this forum has some miserable gits. 

Bit like the bloke that called in to radion bolton first with his ‘review’ of the game. “I didn’t go and I didn’t listen to much, but it sounded like we were lucky to say the least”.  ?

But a team with a 37 year old Danny Whittaker in their midfield is the finished article? 

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

Did you think that was a good game? it was a very good and most welcome 3 points but........ please offer your wisdom

First half we were good. Second half not so much.  We haven’t been able to field our best 11 yet and it’s certainly not been a settled start.  Onwards and upwards.   I’ve seen flashes of some good play. We have a proper striker it seems and the defence looked much better today.

So yes, I’m very positive.   Your wisdom now please. 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Sorry your wrong with regards Gardner he was the best player on the pitch first half, granted not as strong second but he was a one man band in the centre of the park today.

Opinions. But ... no chance was he the best player on pitch for even 1 minute of the whole match. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

First half we were good. Second half not so much.  We haven’t been able to field our best 11 yet and it’s certainly not been a settled start.  Onwards and upwards.   I’ve seen flashes of some good play. We have a proper striker it seems and the defence looked much better today.

So yes, I’m very positive.   Your wisdom now please. 

I thought we were better in the first half than in the second, not good but just better than Macc.

To be honest bar a moment of quality from Surridge the first 45 was a non event.

Second i thought we would forge ahead after that little bit of luck with the deflected goal but Bunn taking off our best forward to replace him with another central defender handed the initiative to Macc.

Their big lad didn't justify that much attention.

Miller did what he had to do to wrap up the 3 points.

Today we were playing a team probably regarded as one of the divisions whipping boys and the scoreline definately flattered us.

That said it was a welcome 3 points