Statement by Chairman

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Which bit of your grand plan would you most like to see implemented?

For me, the reappointment of Tony Philliskirk, with £X per season over 5 seasons committed to the youth dept to pay for more/better qualified youth coaches, youth facilites, extended youth scouting to find our own kids / pick up those discarded by bigger/wealthier clubs, that we suspect could have a future.

However, I would also be impressed if he published the findings of a feasibility study and business plan for the leasing/rent, development of the top floor of the Joe Royle stand, to be able to make a profit that contributes to the OAFC2004Ltd budget.

How about you? Happy for Mohamed Maouche’s brother to be signed for £4K a week?

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Do you think for one minute that had the Fane incident been intentional,Byrne wouldn't have been sacked on the spot?

Gerrard was shown the door for far less. The lack of information tells us all we need to know. 

I don't think it does. In HR or general legal liability stuff the default rule is not to discuss publicly until it's all sorted. Nobody (player, club etc.) is saying much, so I think that's where we are - effectively embargoed. And it's extremely hard to prove whether stuff like this was deliberate - it's a grey area that will have lots of room for debate - let's face it Roy F'in Keane got away with one after writing about it in a book . I really, really don't think we do know what's going on with any certainty, and that's my point. It could be that the Fane incident has something to do with it, or maybe not. So, in answer to your question: no, I don't. 

8 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Do you think for one minute that had the Fane incident been intentional,Byrne wouldn't have been sacked on the spot?

Gerrard was shown the door for far less. The lack of information tells us all we need to know. 

One is a saleable asset the other is a fat fuck in Carlisle. You don't sack your (debatable) best saleable asset if you really don't have to.

19 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

For me, the reappointment of Tony Philliskirk, with £X per season over 5 seasons committed to the youth dept to pay for more/better qualified youth coaches, youth facilites, extended youth scouting to find our own kids / pick up those discarded by bigger/wealthier clubs, that we suspect could have a future.

However, I would also be impressed if he published the findings of a feasibility study and business plan for the leasing/rent, development of the top floor of the Joe Royle stand, to be able to make a profit that contributes to the OAFC2004Ltd budget.

How about you? Happy for Mohamed Maouche’s brother to be signed for £4K a week?

Think we are a Category 3 club at the moment? Would need a few quid to make the jump up, other clubs like Brentford and Huddersfield have moved away from that model, picking up academy rejects should be a no brainer.

The stand is there to be bought, you can only conclude that he doesn't have the means to do so.

I think the focus has to be on making the first team better, it's probably the easiest thing to do and the other things can lead on from it.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think the focus has to be on making the first team better, it's probably the easiest thing to do and the other things can lead on from it.

....which also requires a Plan, that is better than signing some of the utter dross he has brought to the club in his short time here. Whatever his choice of focus - assuming he has to prioritise & cannot afford to divert investment at more than a limited number of initiatives at once - it would be good for the Trust to understand & maybe even influence them, such that we can be satisfied in the existence of one.

56 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

How can you advocate this without knowing what he's (allegedly) done? 

56 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We (via the Trust) sit in the boardroom.

Yeah. . and even in the boardroom there right upto speed aren’t they. . . .

So what chance do we have? 

I don’t disagree with you for wanting a proper youth set up, or maxising our revenue. I just don’t expect to be told how we’re doing it. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah. . and even in the boardroom there right upto speed aren’t they. . . .

So what chance do we have? 

I don’t disagree with you for wanting a proper youth set up, or maxising our revenue. I just don’t expect to be told how we’re doing it. 

.....the fact the Trust do not know of any Plans, suggest to be there isn’t one, not that the Trust are unaware of one.

.....if we’re (via the Trust) not told a) whether there is an intention to address initiative i), ii), iii), b) how said initiative will be achieved & c) over what targeted timescale, then don’t start fkin bleating that we’re moaning cos you’ve set up 4-5-1 away at Forest Green, then timewasted for a draw, while banishing one of our most talented players to the naughty step. It goes both ways.

53 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

£3 Million is a hell of a lot of money unless he’s got bags of the stuff...

I wonder how many £millions has gone through the club over recent years? According to journalist David Conn, in The Independent in 2004, Chris Moore wrote off £4.4m and Blitz and Gazal initially spent £7m. Now AL has so far spent over £3m. 

The Independent   

I wonder how many £millions has gone through the club over recent years? According to journalist David Conn, in The Independent in 2004, Chris Moore wrote off £4.4m and Blitz and Gazal initially spent £7m. Now AL has so far spent over £3m. 

The Independent   

I'm guessing just over 14.4 million then :)

2 hours ago, Horlicks said:

Nice bit of spin from AL which seems to have placated a lot of the fans but he must have been aware of the creditors if not it is gross incompetence.

1. You agree a price for the “business” - say £1m for Latics
2. You work out what the usual level of your ‘current’ assets and debts based on say the average of the last 12 months. This would include all creditors, HMRC debts for things like VAT, PAYE, National insurance etc.
3. If at the point of the sale the debts are higher than normal, you adjust the sale price by that amount... so if there’s an extra £500,000 of HMRC debts the sale price would reduce by £500,000. It’s to avoid exactly this type of problem.
4. If there were genuinely debts (HMRC or otherwise) that Corney has hidden from AL, he would have legal recourse under the sale agreement to get that money back from Corney. It would be extremely clear and simple that that is the case.
5. If the above hasn’t been done in this case, then it would lead me to believe the debts were genuine and AL is commercially very poor.

This is before you look at issues like signing foreign players on financially crippling salaries, suspending the only player who can tackle for the last two games of the season etc

I suspect part of what might have happened here is something that I've see happen a few times out in the real world,.

I.e. Quite a few companies owed money by the football club (not talking HMRC here), possibly going back several years,  reached a pragmatic view that the debt wasn't recoverable at that point in time and therefore stopped chasing it, but didn't actually write it off. Corney, potentially having disputed the validity of those debts anyway to cover himself, assumes that he's 'got away with them' and doesn't declare them as active debts. New owner arrives who appears to have a bit of money, and all those companies owed money start chasing the debts again.  That leaves AL in a position of having to try to determine which ones are valid (probably most of them) and then pay them off.

Of course, AL  will have legal recourse to recover those debts from Corney and I suspect he is going down that route. But will there be anything left to recover from Corney? Possibly not. I wouldn't be surprised if any money he made from the sale has 'disappeared'.

As an aside,  I saw that Anthony Gee ( former Director and, previously close friend of Corney) was at the game on Tuesday sat with AL.

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....the fact the Trust do not know of any Plans, suggest to be there isn’t one, not that the Trust are unaware of one.

.....if we’re (via the Trust) not told a) whether there is an intention to address initiative i), ii), iii), b) how said initiative will be achieved & c) over what targeted timescale, then don’t start fkin bleating that we’re moaning cos you’ve set up 4-5-1 away at Forest Green, then timewasted for a draw, while banishing one of our most talented players to the naughty step. It goes both ways.

What are you talking about?

Whose fucking bleating? 

Whose moaning? 

Try and debate without losing your rag. 

I thought we were talking about your incessnant need for a plan. A plan which nobody else expects, wants or needs in the detail you require. 

Do you seriously expect anyone to have a say on how he spends his money? A situation where the owner sits with the trust and asks for several opinions of how he should spend his own hard earned?? I can’t believe you would be so naive as to think that he is he’s going to sit down and be advised or run past every financial plan with the trust. Let alone the fans! Do you not think as a businessman he’s not thought about maxising revenue? Or the need to bring players through - (in a team that at present has several homegrown players in it) 

The trust ask him questions, and he answers as he sees fit. That’s the reality. An there the closest to him. As it goes the trust have said they find him more open and approachable than Corney. He then releases a statement, which is meant to galvanise and bring us together. 

An yet its it’s still not enough. We must know the inner workings of his mind. It’s complete nonsense. 

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Whose fucking bleating? 

Whose moaning? 

Jesus wept. I’m taking about Frank Bunn (in his post FGR interviews) & Mr. Lemsagam’s statement, which is clearly influenced by #FreeJackByrne, you touchy sod.

Edited by lookersstandandy

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

“Ultimately, who plays in the team is down to the manager and his staff. If a player is not loyal, shows no discipline or shows a total lack of professionalism towards the club or any of their colleagues then I am 100% behind our manager to make the correct decision on them.”

?

Though 

When asked about Byrne's situation after the match, Bunn said: "I still can't comment on the matter.

"The sooner it's sorted the better, for our sake and for Jack's."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

If I were asked to write a generic statement on AL's behalf, I reckon I could have knocked that up. We're well rid of Corney but there's very little of any substance. It's a 'buy me a bit more time' release full of clichés.

He deserves some time but it's not hard to appease the masses.

What exactly would you like them to say?

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

All well and good but as others have said their is still little of substance

- We have seen alot of sackings and we currently have no board of directors.

-  We have the strange case of Tony Philliskirks suspension which is unresolved.

- We have the very bizzarre case of Jack Byrne AL appears to say here that it is the decision of the manager yet others on here one of whom is ITK said that it was not Bunns decision.

- He spent £3million so far alot of this was pissed up the wall on his crap frenchlads £500k was burned on Queensy. Maouche is somehow on £4k a week and still here thats 3 players wages at this level and hes seen as backup in league 2.

Regards to statements communications of plans. As far as Im concerned that stuff doesnt worry me any plans we have can stay in house, what worries is the actions that have been taken so far don't really suggest any foundations have been laid for us to build anything on.

I want this to work but we need to get the fundamentals right first.

Stop listening to hearsay.He is clearly trying to get the fundamentals right-it takes time.