Statement by Chairman

16 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

It isn’t one.

The bit you’ve quoted from his statement, says he has an ambition to be successful & sustainable. That’s great and it’s what I/we all want to hear.

I would however like to be convinced he has a plan - to include things like; an improvement in infrastructure; youth development; scouting talent; contract negotiating to maximise revenue from player sales; marketing; supporting OACT, that ultimately leads to achieving his/my/our ambition. The Trust can be my eyes/ears in that regard - I am not asking for or expecting commercially sensitive info to be disseminated.

Nothing he he has done (behaviour) to date would indicate he has a plan, nothing he has said (statements) include tenets of a plan and nothing the Trust have said suggests they know of one, let alone approve of it, either.

I’m neither a #realisticlad or #walktheleaguer, I’d consider myself optimistic by nature, but equally I am not satisfied with hyperbole or populist rhetoric. I’m merely asking reasoned, fair, coherent questions, that any shareholder of a business would wish to understand. The trust are shareholders. The trust represent us.

Corney had a plan-did you like that one?Mr Lemsagam has already stated it will be small steps to rebuild and he is doing that-let's show a bit a patience,in the meantime let's support the team positively and cut out the negativity.Yes there is plenty to do but it doesn't happen overnight.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Dread to think where would of been if we stayed up, crowds are similar if not up and our only real loss is the parachute payment which is 200k less in this division, how was he going to fund us in League 1 with this new approach? 

I asked the same the other day. People keep bleating on about relegation meaning we needed to cut the wage bill but the only real loss is the 200k or so (about Maouche's salary) in solidarity payments, the gate receipt difference will be negligible. Imagine this lot in League One...

16 hours ago, south east latic said:

I’ve been fairly critical of AL up until now as, whilst the odd token gesture like a free scarf and cheaper match day prices are nice, there has been too much going wrong both on and off the pitch if rumours are to be believed. Crazy wages on poor players, the disappearance/sackings of members of staff, late payments etc don’t point towards a successful ownership. I’ve been equally critical of our transfer window this summer as we’ve not strengthened in any way.

However, if he’s to be believed here and he’s had to spend vast sums to get us out of the shite left by his predecessor, it’s no surprise that the playing side of things has had to take a back seat. It sounds as though he’s finally got us back to a place where he’s not spending money ‘catching up’ but is now able to spend in a progressive way - hopefully that includes on the pitch. 

Based on this, I’m willing to be a bit patient and see what happens in the next 18 months. He’s admitted he’s made mistakes, now let’s see if he’s learned from them. We don’t have much choice but to give him our backing and if his statement is true, he’s pumped enough money in to justify that in the short term.

Unfortunately many on here keep dragging up the failures of the past.It is the future that counts and we should hope that we have learned from the past failings.There has been a big clearout at Oldham(maybe not finished yet) so now we rebuild.I have confidence Mr Lemsagam and his staff with our backing will do that.

15 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

No problem with your HMRC comment but you have ignored AL referring to the companies that have issued winding up orders which he has had to deal with along with other debts that Corney avoided paying at the end of his tenure.

As for interference in the team.....yes, he brought in players but it was Wellens choice to play or ignore them. If AL wanted to play Menig, he would have over-ruled Wellens and played Menig far more than he did . Relegation was purely down to Wellens's poor tactical nous, poor team selection and lack of man-management.

Agree with you about relegation and Wellens.After a good start he lost control of his tactics and players and was very stubborn.

6 hours ago,  TheBigDog said: 

“Ultimately, who plays in the team is down to the manager and his staff. If a player is not loyal, shows no discipline or shows a total lack of professionalism towards the club or any of their colleagues then I am 100% behind our manager to make the correct decision on them.”

?

Posted 1 hour ago, stevesidg  said:

Though 

When asked about Byrne's situation after the match, Bunn said: "I still can't comment on the matter.

"The sooner it's sorted the better, for our sake and for Jack's."

So Frankie made the correct decision as dictated by club guidelines. Those guidelines probably do not allow him to comment but reading between the lines, it does seem like he is not happy with the situation.

? 

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

I’m not sure ‘a plan’ would ease anything. If he says I want to consolidate and then push for promotion, but finds he can’t afford it- he’s not stuck to his plan. If he says let’s see how we go- it’s wishy washy- and doesn’t say anything. He can’t win.

It all depends on what you expect of him?? Personally I’d prefer him to under promise and over deliver, than over promise and under deliver. 

It’s abundantly clear he’s not very wealthy in owner terms. He’s invested 3 mill, but really that’s not a lot in this context.

It’s clear to me that’s it’s going to be a slow build. Thats ok if it means we pay staff on time, we don’t sign not rights, we aren’t fighting winding up orders. We aren’t taking out scouse loans, and having one PR disaster after another. Or blaming the fans, and having an them and us attitude. 

Give me a together club any day of the week, and success will come in time. 

Yes

It appears he's come along way in just over six months. I hope so. time will tell. So far:

getting rid of debts

getting the HRMC sorted out

getting the costs down so we become sustainable (weren't we losing £700k in L1, and now we have a drop of at least £200k, possibly more)

introducing some basic discipline and getting rid of fat bully boys

learning (hopefully) to not interfere on the coaching/playing side - he's made mistakes. Shock, horror. He's never run a club before and he's been faced with a club that everyone seems to think was utterly bizarre in the way it was managed.

Yes, a couple of nice pr stunts plus bringing back a couple of very popular old boys and recognising the No.1 legend inthe club's history - nothing wrong with any of that. Actually showing some respect for the club.

Now, it's all starting to seem sensible. I'll settle for this at the moment. We've had too much chaos for too long. Extra investment in the future can be spent on growth, not throwing it down a black hole.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Dread to think where would of been if we stayed up, crowds are similar if not up and our only real loss is the parachute payment which is 200k less in this division, how was he going to fund us in League 1 with this new approach? 

Don't think it would have been as drastic as now, Wellens probably stays, Byrne as well.

5 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

See now that is better.

I have picked you up on this before; You quote the other persons arguments and take it to the nth degree. Then when challenged you back track on some point that YOU made.

He spunked loads of money on foreigners that he brought into the club who were never good enough, divided the squad and forced out Shez.

If you want me to carry on I can list at least half a dozen decisions on players that he made before the end of last season which contributed towards relegation.

Now he is pleading poverty. And O'Grady will be leading our attack on Saturday. Good grief.

Same old crap from you.

42 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

Corney had a plan-did you like that one?

No he didn’t. Once Blitz/Gazal fooked off - with their back up Plan siphoned off into Brassbank - Corney’s Plan extended to keeping the wolves from the door and providing enough funds for him to live the lifestyle he enjoyed & had become accustomed to. Which is precisely the reason why our club is in such a dilapidated state. So no, I most certainly didn’t like it. But then, there was no merit in attempting to lobby him to put a Plan in place. He had no interest in anything beyond the short term. How to pay wages. How to evade creditors.

Mr. Lemsagam is a fresh start. An opportunity to do things differently. Better. What better time than now to attempt to encourage him to Plan well & properly? What better time than now for him to open up clear and effective comms with the Trust. What better time to ensure wages are always paid on time, there isn’t an unhealthy fear of being sacked? What better time than now, to ka-myoo-ni-kate his Plans - not just release statements - with the proletariat?

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No he didn’t. Once Blitz/Gazal fooked off - with their back up Plan siphoned off into Brassbank - Corney’s Plan extended to keeping the wolves from the door and providing enough funds for him to live the lifestyle he enjoyed & had become accustomed to. Which is precisely the reason why our club is in such a dilapidated state. So no, I most certainly didn’t like it. But then, there was no merit in attempting to lobby him to put a Plan in place. He had no interest in anything beyond the short term. How to pay wages. How to evade creditors.

Mr. Lemsagam is a fresh start. An opportunity to do things differently. Better. What better time than now to attempt to encourage him to Plan well & properly? What better time than now for him to open up clear and affective comms with the Trust. What better time to ensure wages are always paid on time, there isn’t an unhealthy fear of being sacked. What better time than now, to ka-myoo-in-kate his Plans - not just release statements - with the proletariat?

Paying wages kind of depends on the person doing the paying having the ability to do so.

24 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It appears he's come along way in just over six months. I hope so. time will tell. So far:

getting rid of debts

getting the HRMC sorted out

getting the costs down so we become sustainable (weren't we losing £700k in L1, and now we have a drop of at least £200k, possibly more)

introducing some basic discipline and getting rid of fat bully boys

learning (hopefully) to not interfere on the coaching/playing side - he's made mistakes. Shock, horror. He's never run a club before and he's been faced with a club that everyone seems to think was utterly bizarre in the way it was managed.

Yes, a couple of nice pr stunts plus bringing back a couple of very popular old boys and recognising the No.1 legend inthe club's history - nothing wrong with any of that. Actually showing some respect for the club.

Now, it's all starting to seem sensible. I'll settle for this at the moment. We've had too much chaos for too long. Extra investment in the future can be spent on growth, not throwing it down a black hole.

Only problem is when someone takes over they have all the excitement and spend a little more than they should. Then usually they cut back , Chris Moore, TTA and now AL. Hope he starts spending again at some point. If this is it, it’s not going to get much better.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Paying wages kind of depends on the person doing the paying having the ability to do so.

Yeah..... and if he hasn’t got the ability or means to ensure he can afford to pay wages on time, I’ll stop bleating on about Plans, because it’ll be a waste of fkin time - it’ll be Corney MkII.

4 hours ago, archiecat said:

Do you think for one minute that had the Fane incident been intentional,Byrne wouldn't have been sacked on the spot?

Gerrard was shown the door for far less. The lack of information tells us all we need to know. 

Maybe Byrne is seen as an sellable asset and Gerrard clearly wasnt?

If it’s true that Byrne intentionally injured a team mate in training no club with a brain cell would touch him so we we’ve got a quandary on our hands, do we play arguably the most gifted player in our squad and then try and move him on when the opportunity arises or let him rot ? 

At  present the only solution I see is a loan agreement but who would have him? 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes crowds are similar, if not up, so far. But they are paying less. If we had stayed up I doubt the matchday prices would have dropped nor the ST offer extended for quite a substantial amount of time. 

I fully expect our gate receipts to drop by 10% over the season as we won't have the bigger gates- like over 7500 for Blackburn, a lot more poor away followings, I'd be surprised if Yeovil and Forest Green bring 250 between them and cheaper matchday prices. 

Agreed, they will definitely drop if we don’t start getting better performances and results but by the same logic if we can get everyone fit and move up and around the play off places the attendances would probably rise by 10%.

5 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

Jack Byrne appears to have wiped all his tweets linked to oafc and a notable one still on of him signing a new three year deal in 2015 at City three years later he has played in Holland, Wigan and ourselves. Turned down a move to Posh in January on geography grounds. His career is hardly heading in right direction and club statement today implies hes out on a limb on discipline issues and not seen as a positive influence. I will take a punt and say loan to Fleetwood or Bradford next. Maybe a bottom 4 champ club.

But he has only breached a couple of club rules. surely he will be back soon because as we all know Abz is a great lad  who only wants the best for the club and fans .

If Jack had deliberately injured Fane in training would your next move be to send him to train with the youths and put them at risk? I think not. The most likely scenario is that AL in his inimitable style is trying to get Jack Byrnes wages off the payroll.Say what you will about his attitude and character,any manager worth his salt would want to try to be the one to turn him into the player he is capable of becoming. Whatever AL says about managers picking teams this situation  is clearly out of Frankie Bunn's control and I think it is getting to him.