Statement by Chairman

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

If Jack had deliberately injured Fane in training would your next move be to send him to train with the youths and put them at risk? I think not. The most likely scenario is that AL in his inimitable style is trying to get Jack Byrnes wages off the payroll.Say what you will about his attitude and character,any manager worth his salt would want to try to be the one to turn him into the player he is capable of becoming. Whatever AL says about managers picking teams this situation  is clearly out of Frankie Bunn's control and I think it is getting to him.

Well said Marra, All this non interefence from the owner is a load of nonsense. He is a control freak ! 

6 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

Who is this Abz fella? How much money will the owner have to spend before people start using his name correctly? Abdul, Abz,lemmsys or even worse kebab man being just a few examples. 

you're right Leonard, let's just use his emoji instead :clown:

The one thing I never see in print, interview or social media is Jack offering any apology for whatever breach(es) of club discipline he has done. Surely if he want's to get the fans on side and wants to play for FB and the first team, that would seem the easiest and most obvious way forward. Would test what FB and AL are saying about wanting players who are team players and committed to the club and togetherness the manager wants?

The silence from JB and/or any of his friends or the PFA is deafening. If he feels he has done nothing wrong (other that lazy and woeful performances last season along with others), he isn't do much to deny it?

I am sure we would all like to know and see a way forward one way or another?

48 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

The one thing I never see in print, interview or social media is Jack offering any apology for whatever breach(es) of club discipline he has done. Surely if he want's to get the fans on side and wants to play for FB and the first team, that would seem the easiest and most obvious way forward. Would test what FB and AL are saying about wanting players who are team players and committed to the club and togetherness the manager wants?

The silence from JB and/or any of his friends or the PFA is deafening. If he feels he has done nothing wrong (other that lazy and woeful performances last season along with others), he isn't do much to deny it?

Maybe he has apologised in private. We’re keeping everything in house now, ya’ know 

Edited by Ryan

20 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

It isn’t one.

The bit you’ve quoted from his statement, says he has an ambition to be successful & sustainable. That’s great and it’s what I/we all want to hear.

I would however like to be convinced he has a plan - to include things like; an improvement in infrastructure; youth development; scouting talent; contract negotiating to maximise revenue from player sales; marketing; supporting OACT, that ultimately leads to achieving his/my/our ambition. The Trust can be my eyes/ears in that regard - I am not asking for or expecting commercially sensitive info to be disseminated.

Nothing he he has done (behaviour) to date would indicate he has a plan, nothing he has said (statements) include tenets of a plan and nothing the Trust have said suggests they know of one, let alone approve of it, either.

I’m neither a #realisticlad or #walktheleaguer, I’d consider myself optimistic by nature, but equally I am not satisfied with hyperbole or populist rhetoric. I’m merely asking reasoned, fair, coherent questions, that any shareholder of a business would wish to understand. The trust are shareholders. The trust represent us.

Jesus! You want to know the ins and outs of a duck's arse! Infrastructure, scouting, contract negotiating, player sales, marketing and so on...all done, decided and implemented within the club. They have no obligation to publish those details in public, all they ask is that, as fans, we support the club and the team and turn up at match days. Just go to the goddamn football and leave all the twists, turns and tangles of running the club to the person who owns it and the people who work for him.

The best laid plans...they never f***ing work, anyway.

• Like 2

See if I understand the situation here...…..January transfer window, we all wanted Corney to F*ck off quicker than he did which left AL with a couple of days to negotiate buying Byrne because Wellens and us pesky fans wanted the deal. Wellens picks him out of position or drops him completely and that is somehow AL's fault for interfering. Byrne, before the season starts is gobbing off, doesn't involve himself in Bunn's master plan....also AL's fault.

None of us really knows what has happened but default position for a few on here...….bash the chairman!!!

Edited by mikejh45

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

But he has only breached a couple of club rules. surely he will be back soon because as we all know Abz is a great lad  who only wants the best for the club and fans .

But having an undisciplined player in your first team is not the best for the club as was shown last season.

17 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Nice statement but what about Byrne?

Also this FFP is a smokescreen. When you spend 5x the average wage on Menig, don’t come bleating about FFP as an excuse of dumping Davies and Holloway for O’Grady and Miller.  Load of bollocks I’m afraid and smacks of a carefully worded “I’ve realised relegation is a sack of shite so I’m now penalising us via cutting budget, which translates to picking up my ball and fucking off home”.

If you’re that passionate about our success then allow Byrne to play.  This petty stand off is harming only us fans and one club.  In answer to those questioning Byrne last season; let him play this season and if he’s still whinging then we’ll agree to bin him.  However I’d rather test that out first!

The wages cock-ups are pretty much nailed on...huge mistake...however we don't actually know what Byrne has done and if we did, we might be of the opinion that he should be sacked immediately. Who knows? I don't believe we shall be finding out any time soon...the team has to go with what they have got.

12 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Jesus! You want to know the ins and outs of a duck's arse! Infrastructure, scouting, contract negotiating, player sales, marketing and so on...all done, decided and implemented within the club. They have no obligation to publish those details in public, all they ask is that, as fans, we support the club and the team and turn up at match days. Just go to the goddamn football and leave all the twists, turns and tangles of running the club to the person who owns it and the people who work for him.

The best laid plans...they never f***ing work, anyway.

I want the Trust (shareholders) to know the ducks @rse. I want to know a couple of feathers.

They have no obligation, but then they can’t whinge when they get booed for diabolical performances.

Best laid Plans haven’t done Brentford any harm.

46 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

He'd probably be in breach of his contract if he posted anything anywhere. 

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

I want the Trust (shareholders) to know the ducks @rse. I want to know a couple of feathers.

They have no obligation, but then they can’t whinge when they get booed for diabolical performances.

Best laid Plans haven’t done Brentford any harm.

That last statement of mine was just a frustrated, personal opinion, going off past experiences...of course, not every plan falls by the wayside and I apologise for calling you out on that one. I know what you mean that they can't whinge but to me, booing the team off is not actually helping the team itself. The players are not responsible for the running of the club or the long-term plans...they are responsible for getting or not getting the results, that we can all agree on.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He'd probably be in breach of his contract if he posted anything anywhere. 

Pretty much, I would say and probably best for him to stay off social media altogether. The only positive for me...if it can be called that...is him being at the games and still training with the club, albeit with the youth team. At some level, he is still involved whilst being punished and there could still be a sliver of light at the end of the whole, farcical tunnel.

20 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

See if I understand the situation here...…..January transfer window, we all wanted Corney to F*ck off quicker than he did which left AL with a couple of days to negotiate buying Byrne because Wellens and us pesky fans wanted the deal. Wellens picks him out of position or drops him completely and that is somehow AL's fault for interfering. Byrne, before the season starts is gobbing off, doesn't involve himself in Bunn's master plan....also AL's fault.

None of us really knows what has happened but default position for a few on here...….bash the chairman!!!

AL signed Jack without Wellens input I can tell you that for a fact, he gets a bashing because he's made monumental fuck ups leading to us being relegated from a division we had managed just fine in for twenty years with a team as good as any (on paper) that we've had in the last ten years. 

In AL's statement yesterday I see a lot of blame yet he still continues to ostracise one player because he doesn't fancy paying his wages, if he's done something so badly wrong sack him because at the moment this is dragging any good work AL has done down and will continue to do so whilst we persist with the likes of Coke and Maouche who are frankly not a patch on JB and are both stealing a living.

2 hours ago, alwaysblue said:

Stop listening to hearsay.He is clearly trying to get the fundamentals right-it takes time.

ah well thats me convinced mate thanks everythings rosey and their are no weeds in the Latics garden

and what I said their appears to be more tban just hearsay.

As soon as we start winning then everything else will fall into place, AL has laid his cards on the table and now it's up to the manager and players to get this club back to where it should be and that's not in League Two

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

AL signed Jack without Wellens input I can tell you that for a fact, he gets a bashing because he's made monumental fuck ups leading to us being relegated from a division we had managed just fine in for twenty years with a team as good as any (on paper) that we've had in the last ten years. 

In AL's statement yesterday I see a lot of blame yet he still continues to ostracise one player because he doesn't fancy paying his wages, if he's done something so badly wrong sack him because at the moment this is dragging any good work AL has done down and will continue to do so whilst we persist with the likes of Coke and Maouche who are frankly not a patch on JB and are both stealing a living.

How do you know he doesn't want to pay Byrne's wages?

That comment comes across as bit of a populist guess.

23 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Your talking as if I'm demanding instant success. Im not, Id like to see some competence.

In reference to the mistakes he has made well they surround his negotiation of contracts. Now in Lemsagams previously life he was a football agent therefore people in football will have paid him to negotiate on their behalf. It should be advantagous for us to have someone like that as our chairman who should be able to find players and get good value for money out of them, yet this appears to be his number 1 failing thats concerning.

Now if this seasons funding is going to clear up Corneys mess with the plan to have tilt at promotion next season then Im all in on that. I can wait a year if it means restructuring of the club is done behind the scenes so that we can really start moving forward in 2019 onwards. 

At the moment I'm slightly sceptical Im willing to change that position.

As for the debts AL has had to pay which were left by Corney. Surely if they were hidden then AL goes after Corney. If they weren't hidden and AL's accountants didn't spot hem during due diligence, then AL goes after the accountants for recompense. Maybe he has already instructed lawyers to get his money back. People say that Corney is skint, but I bet he owns property both here and in the US. Then again his ex wife may have already taken him to the cleaners.  

As for the youth system. Someone mentioned earlier that he thought it was category 3. I'm not sure myself, but I remember TP saying a couple of years ago that after we had been inspected he was told that we could move up a category, but TP said it wasn't possible, because at the next level they need something like 8 pitches and we don't have the land to do that.

On another issue. I seem to remember AL told the trust that he was bringing in new board members, and further investment. Maybe these new investors have pulled out for some reason, and AL is now left holding he baby.

29 minutes ago, al_bro said:

As for the debts AL has had to pay which were left by Corney. Surely if they were hidden then AL goes after Corney. If they weren't hidden and AL's accountants didn't spot hem during due diligence, then AL goes after the accountants for recompense. Maybe he has already instructed lawyers to get his money back. People say that Corney is skint, but I bet he owns property both here and in the US. Then again his ex wife may have already taken him to the cleaners.  

As for the youth system. Someone mentioned earlier that he thought it was category 3. I'm not sure myself, but I remember TP saying a couple of years ago that after we had been inspected he was told that we could move up a category, but TP said it wasn't possible, because at the next level they need something like 8 pitches and we don't have the land to do that.

On another issue. I seem to remember AL told the trust that he was bringing in new board members, and further investment. Maybe these new investors have pulled out for some reason, and AL is now left holding he baby.

New board members, yes. Investors, no. 

Please tell me this, someone. How does anyone know that AL is freezing Byrne out to save his wages? Has someone seen it in writing, perchance? And who (Lemsagam) would agree a long term contract with a player and then decide not to play him just to save the wage you've already agreed upon? Just doesn't add up.

And how about "he's only broken two club rules" I think someone said? How do you know? Have you been told by FB, AL or JB themselves? 

How do you know he's on £6k a week? Has anyone seen his contract? Or was it once suggested and it's now gone beyond folk lore? 

How do you know that Maouche is on £4k a week?  Same scenario as Byrne's wages which, by the way, we will still be paying, so that again kills the idea that he's frozen out to save the wage.

If anyone has concrete, confirmed, sighted proof of all this, fine. I'll accept it. If not, it's all pure speculation in my eyes. Let's just wait and see what happens. In the meantime, let's just get behind the club, the team, the staff and crack on with being supporters.

12 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Please tell me this, someone. How does anyone know that AL is freezing Byrne out to save his wages? Has someone seen it in writing, perchance? And who (Lemsagam) would agree a long term contract with a player and then decide not to play him just to save the wage you've already agreed upon? Just doesn't add up.

And how about "he's only broken two club rules" I think someone said? How do you know? Have you been told by FB, AL or JB themselves? 

How do you know he's on £6k a week? Has anyone seen his contract? Or was it once suggested and it's now gone beyond folk lore? 

How do you know that Maouche is on £4k a week?  Same scenario as Byrne's wages which, by the way, we will still be paying, so that again kills the idea that he's frozen out to save the wage.

If anyone has concrete, confirmed, sighted proof of all this, fine. I'll accept it. If not, it's all pure speculation in my eyes. Let's just wait and see what happens. In the meantime, let's just get behind the club, the team, the staff and crack on with being supporters.

Yes let's wait and see what happens :sleeping:

If it's not the case and everybody is lying why all the secrets, AL came out this week and muddied the waters further, what we do know is AL does have previous for playing the dictator at the teams expense, only a few months ago he dropped arguably our most important player at the time to prove a point so none of it is beyond the realms of possibility.