Biggest attendance you've at BP and biggest away following...

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think the one that was on Sky was this one

1-1 1993

I remember our (believe it to be) first home game on Sky. Norwich on a Tuesday night (lost 2-3?). Massive inflatable sumo wrestlers on the pitch at half time. Even as a kid it made no sense.

Fuck all to do with attendances, like. Just getting involved with the nostalgia lot. ;-).

Edited by longtimeblue

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

I remember our (believe it to be) first home game on Sky. Norwich on a Tuesday night (lost 2-3?). Massive inflatable sumo wrestlers on the pitch at half time. Even as a kid it made no sense.

Fuck all to do with attendances, like. Just getting involved with the nostalgia lot. ;-).

Was that the one where Oldham born mark robins scored? (for norwich)

Edited by Ogdenwoodwhittle

13 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Was that the one where Oldham born mark robins scored? (for norwich)

Hatrick. Winner in the last minute. 

Don't even need to look it up - head is full of this sort of useless information and little else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's strange isn't it, can remember moments like this but would struggle to remember what I had for my tea last night :grin:

Same. Think I'd struggle with seasons since then, but I'm quite confident I could reel off every top flight result we had, on request.

Always impressed the ladies...

1 minute ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Almost.

6-2?

As an aside, Darren Beckford is a member at Denton golf club nowadays. A mate of mine plays golf with him regularly. Apparently his knees are absolutely shot to pieces and he's put on a fair bit of weight because of his inability to do much exercise.

Edited by lookersstandandy

38 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Although I'm not a lady challenge accepted.

V Wimbledon 92/93 

And who scored on debut?

Darren Richard Lorenzo Beckford came of the bench to score, the 6th.

Im glad Im not the only person to have an encyclopedic knowledge of this shit and always forget where I put my keys.

Edited by GlossopLatic

19 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

What was score v Leeds in Feb 92  and what was notable about the game?

Can't remember the years, but away lost 1-0, significant because Kilcline scored an own goal.

Home, won 2-0. Cantona debut.

Next..

46 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

This is the game where Hans Segars could be accused/suspected of being up to no good!

And Fash, I was in the lookers paddock level with the six yard line RRE side this day and I swear he was attacking for us at corners, in fact he put one onto the crossbar he should of scored.

Edited by yarddog73

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And Fash, I was in the lookers paddock level with the six yard line RRE side this day and I swear he was attacking for us at corners, in fact he put one onto the crossbar he should of scored.

He scored first one and got a red?

We were always sat/standing on  back row of lookers under the last T  so had similar view as you

Edited by Ogdenwoodwhittle

1 hour ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

He scored first one and got a red?

We were always sat/standing on  back row of lookers under the last T  so had similar view as you

I remember at the time thinking it was weird how a few of the Wimbledon team played that day.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:02 PM, longtimeblue said:

I remember our (believe it to be) first home game on Sky. Norwich on a Tuesday night (lost 2-3?).

In the interests of correctness, and I'm very surprised Latics badger Prozac hasn't picked you up on it, is that it was a Monday night match. And Norwich chartered a plane, the fancy sods, for their supporters.

Back on subject; how many did we take to Wigan away at the end of the 2003 season, on Easter Monday? I think we had the whole side of of the ground which is a pretty big stand. Must have been in excess of 5k. The bounce when we went 1-0 up inside 30 seconds was incredible.