Behind closed doors

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I agree, there is definately an issue with some of the posters foul and abusive language and behaviour.

There’s the report function for that. Saying that you couldn’t give a shit is not an issue on a football message board unless you are really precious. 

12 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There’s the report function for that. Saying that you couldn’t give a shit is not an issue on a football message board unless you are really precious. 

Its the example set for the likes of some posters who use much worse and think they can get away with it.

There are standards set in the owtb  rules which you are obviously not enforcing.

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Its the example set for the likes of some posters who use much worse and think they can get away with it.

There are standards set in the owtb  rules which you are obviously not enforcing.

I heard that when Jorvik and Stevie moderate they carry a clipboard. I'm not trying to stir anything like. Just saying...

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Step back and have a think about this. 

And it’s not my place to enforce anything. 

25 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I agree, there is definately an issue with some of the posters foul and abusive language and behaviour.

One current fued between 2 posters is sheer filth, but goes unmoderated.

No one coud expect such language to be accepted on a daytime TV forum, so why on here?

24 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Step back and have a think about this. 

And it’s not my place to enforce anything. 

Says on your profile you are staff, so should have the moderator controls. 

Where are the forum rules?

Edited by BP1960

29 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Would you resort to some of the behaviour and language displayed on here if you were to meet face to face, i very much doubt it.Put simply there is no need for it at all, it doesn't reinforce a point in any way.

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

So why did Rochdale's first team squad members play at 100%?

BP, I wasn't aware that was the case, as I don't have a clue who plays for Rochdale's first team...they are not on my footballing radar. That is a question Bunn should be asking his own squad players who did participate.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

One current fued between 2 posters is sheer filth, but goes unmoderated.

No one coud expect such language to be accepted on a daytime TV forum, so why on here?

I will cut the mods a bit of slack and say they can't monitor the board constantly, it is a problem with peoples attitudes and values.

Some seem to feel it is perfectly acceptable to f**@k, c*^"t, t*"t at every opportunity.

Very poor form.

11 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I will cut the mods a bit of slack and say they can't monitor the board constantly, it is a problem with peoples attitudes and values.

Some seem to feel it is perfectly acceptable to f**@k, c*^"t, t*"t at every opportunity.

Very poor form.

It's the social media 'Anonymity Factor' at work and you are correct, the Mods cannot catch everything, hence the 'Report' facility. However, we are on a football forum, probably frequented by mostly adult males, so the red mist [or blue, in our case] will descend now and again. :D I'm pretty sure the mods on OWTB would act accordingly where and when, if needed to.

Don't forget, though, forums are all about opinions and everyone is entitled to have theirs and everyone is entitled to agree or disagree. Factions will arise. I have often thought about using the 'block user' function but decided not to, as that takes me out of the loop, to some extent.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's the social media 'Anonymity Factor' at work and you are correct, the Mods cannot catch everything, hence the 'Report' facility. However, we are on a football forum, probably frequented by mostly adult males, so the red mist [or blue, in our case] will descend now and again. :D I'm pretty sure the mods on OWTB would act accordingly where and when, if needed to.

Don't forget, though, forums are all about opinions and everyone is entitled to have theirs and everyone is entitled to agree or disagree. Factions will arise. I have often thought about using the 'block user' function but decided not to, as that takes me out of the loop, to some extent.

We all know a couple of posters who regularly use language not even allowed on the Jeremy Kyle show, yet the mods have done nothing.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Its up to a  clubs stewards to enforce the rules. Usually ignored by them too unfortunately.

It's an impossible task, BP, and the onus falls on parents when it comes to the kids. Both my daughters would use the odd swear word, usually aimed at the ref, when they were young and I allowed them both this little concession on the understanding that it stayed within the football ground and not outside. It was them being allowed to be like the adults for 90 minutes.

Not many would use a Report facility,that doesn't mean some content doesn't upset them, even as you say the board could be likened to maybe a Tap room atmosphere.

I don't agree with everything BP1960 says but through reading his posts i have learned that he is an older Gentleman and therefore deserving of  respect merely by that fact. ( even if he is sometimes a doddery old bugger :) ) 

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We all know a couple of posters who regularly use language not even allowed on the Jeremy Kyle show, yet the mods have done nothing.

You have the perfect right to complain, should you wish to do so but I think it would take a substantial back lash against the culprits to get them off the board. 

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Not many would use a Report facility,that doesn't mean some content doesn't upset them, even as you say the board could be likened to maybe a Tap room atmosphere.

I don't agree with everything BP1960 says but through reading his posts i have learned that he is an older Gentleman and therefore deserving of  respect merely by that fact. ( even if he is sometimes a doddery old bugger :) ) 

We all deserve respect from each other, Archie, but we are all entitled to an opinion and to voice it...it's the reacting without thinking that social media allows, which is the flip-side.

We all deserve respect from each other, Archie, but we are all entitled to an opinion and to voice it...it's the reacting without thinking that social media allows, which is the flip-side.

I agree, wasn't just singling out BP, there is a lot of vitriol directed towards younger members like Kusunga and Ryan too.

Maybe it is too much to expect a certain degree of decency these days.