Doncaster (A)

55 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Should be 2 per person maximum, no exceptions.

That is absolute rubbish. We should be encouraging families to attend. 

Billy helped me out so much for Fulham, I want to thank him again. Common sense is all that is needed. 

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Billy helped me out so much for Fulham, I want to thank him again. Common sense is all that is needed. 

It’s not even just families... but friends of four that want to sit next to each other, or an elderly person who goes with their grandkids, an ambient disabled person who needs a carer that wants to go with their friend also, etc etc. Two per customer would create so many more problems than solutions. We have to weigh up the benefits and drawbacks, everything we do isn’t done on a whim or to screw over the fan base 

thanks for the the kind words mate :) 

Edited by OAFCBilly

8 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

It wouldn’t be hard. I didn’t say it would be hard, I said it would be unfair on those who couldn’t attend the forest green game but have attended all games this season.

Please read my points properly otherwise I might as well be talking to a brick wall

weve looked after all regular by making the tickets available online and putting on 4 per customer. Which again, like I’ve said to you multiple times, and the point you consistently keep dodging - ALLOWS FAMILIES OF FOUR GO TO THE GAME AND SIT TOGETHER

So it wouldn't be fair to punish someone who couldn't make Forest Green but basically tough shit to someone who might not have had the means to buy today? Kind of reinforces my point...

How many lots of four have you sold out of interest? Geniune question.

12 minutes ago, singe said:

I assume you mean young families? Home games yes, not sure about encouraging them to attend away games though.

8 minutes ago, singe said:

Billy clearly takes pride in his work & does a good job, which is great, but I've read similar to this several times now - to what extent are some of you complicating the simple process of buying tickets for a football match that requires him to provide such a wonderful service? 

Just now, deyres42 said:

So it wouldn't be fair to punish someone who couldn't make Forest Green but basically tough shit to someone who might not have had the means to buy today? Kind of reinforces my point...

Fucking hell eyresy :lol:

Just now, deyres42 said:

Attending a game on a Saturday is a bit different to taking 3 minutes out of your day to buy tickets online or over the phone

didnt have the means to do even that? Text a friend to get you one?

i wouldn’t know, I was too busy doing my job to count something like that

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

I assume you mean young families? Home games yes, not sure about encouraging them to attend away games though.

Thats absolute rubbish 😂

why should young families not he not be encouraged to attend what could be a memorable game in a rare fa cup fourth round game for latics

i think the young kids will remember Fulham a lot better than the Bury win

Just now, OAFCBilly said:

Attending a game on a Saturday is a bit different to taking 3 minutes out of your day to buy tickets online or over the phone

didnt have the means to do even that? Text a friend to get you one?

i wouldn’t know, I was too busy doing my job to count something like that

Maybe you could spreadsheet it for the 5th round? 3's, 2's and single too just in case he needs to know.... 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Billy clearly takes pride in his work & does a good job, which is great, but I've read similar to this several times now - to what extent are some of you complicating the simple process of buying tickets for a football match that requires him to provide such a wonderful service? 

You don’t know the circumstances of how I helped him out :) 

that being said, buying tickets for a football game should be a simple process. Hence four per customer, online availability, the twitter/facebook account where I reply to Everyone, both during work hours and out of work hours... providing constant updates. Doing all that whilst still doing the basic ticket selling and being more than accommodating to our fan base when most times we really don’t have to be

Edited by OAFCBilly

Fuck me Eyres all this kicking up of a fuss to a match your not even planning on attending ? What’s your fucking beef now exactly ? Why are u getting all precious on the behalf of non existent disgruntled customers ? I’m yet to see anyone else bitching. I am not a season ticket holder and managed to get THREE!! BTW I’m ‘risking’ taking my little lad to his first away match ? 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

All these families of four he's been looking after, swarms of them by the sounds of it, thought he might have a general idea 😂

Not just families of four, just they’re the main reason why we did it. I want kids to be able to sit with their parents. How can you argue against that? 😂

Edit: “looking after” now you’re just being condescending. Thought you was up for a genuine discussion :) 

Edited by OAFCBilly

Billy, a word. 

You are doing a great job and just about everybody on here appreciates what you are doing and coming on here to correspond with us.

There are always some who want to pick holes or a fight-ignore them and try not to enter into a discussion even though you may feel you are trying to help-you will not win.

Whatever I and many others enjoy your feedback and help.

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So, is your situation thrt you didn't have the means, or is it a hypothetical one? 

The 4th round is the same every year, and we knew over 2 weeks ago when we would be paying. 

2 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Not just families of four, just they’re the main reason why we did it. I want kids to be able to sit with their parents. How can you argue against that? 😂

Edit: “looking after” now you’re just being condescending. Thought you was up for a genuine discussion but seems like everyone was right, you’re just a troll that wants to kick up a fuss :) 

I might be wrong on this but surely most of these families would be season ticket holders?

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

There can't be that many variables.....?

I don’t really remember exactly, but just remember going the extra mile for a customer. Which is to be expected hence why I agree with what you said :) just sometimes it’s not a simple case of someone buying tickets, especially when there’s thousands of fans and only one of you 

6 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Billy, a word. 

You are doing a great job and just about everybody on here appreciates what you are doing and coming on here to correspond with us.

There are always some who want to pick holes or a fight-ignore them and try not to enter into a discussion even though you may feel you are trying to help-you will not win.

Thanks for the nice words. I get they’ll always be people like that, but I’m not bothered, and I’m not fussed about “winning”. Gotta converse with all fans, even the ones that are difficult, in fact especially those ones

7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Billy, a word. 

He's had 100 people telling him how great he is, sure he can handle a bit of negative feedback as well.