Confirmed Fans Meeting on Sat 23rd March - are you interested?

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd watch them there. No way am I contributing to taking us there by not going and starving the club of money.

People thinking 10,000 would turn up the day after AL left and The Trust took over? 

Perhaps 7000 if it was a freebie 

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Which points could you give a satisfactory answer to?

I’d genuinely like to have a chat with you. I don’t have all the answers (no one does) but let’s keep an open mind. 

available to talk at your convenience. It’s good to talk as they say. The offer is there. 

Thanks for your support. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy b said:

Hi League One,

my personal view is also that I would rather have a club in non league that I can be proud of and is moving in the right direction than a club in league 2 which is not. I don’t really fear further relegations if that’s a means to an end.

In terms of what we can materially affect, we are not wholly sure. However, we have to first try and get the owner to make changes through a more direct and assertive approach. He needs to be held to account.

The trust will do this working to a mandate from the fans.  We have to pursue agreed next steps and see what happens. If that doesn’t gain any traction then we review options and go again. A further fans meet is likely to be convened for this. 

It is conceivable that the trust endorses and actively promotes a boycott of the club at some point. However, true to the trust’s purpose, we have to be sure that is the right thing to do for the long term good of the club (and that’s not an immediately easy conclusion to come to, though I understand the case for it).

We also probably have to go through several other steps before we get there, not least because there is evidently no majority concensous for a boycott at this point. 

Fans will adopt their own means of making their views felt of course and i suspect enough will boycott to make the owner feel it. 

what is also clear is that many fans will not review season tickets at this time.

If it goes past talking to him, and actively becomes a movement to remove him, I will support that. 

People asking who who would take over. We would. About a month ago we didn’t know we had fans capable of buying the north stand now they’re are. Imagine how much more attractive we are with fan owned north stand, AL gone and fan led board. That prospect excites me. Clubs with 4/5k fan base don’t die overnight. They just need galvanising into something whorthwhile. The league we play in doesn’t matter one iota. This has become so much bigger than the football, it’s about the club and it’s fans. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I’d genuinely like to have a chat with you. I don’t have all the answers (no one does) but let’s keep an open mind. 

available to talk at your convenience. It’s good to talk as they say. The offer is there. 

Thanks for your support. 

I just want to see our club with someone in charge who can run it properly.

Unless the trust has stumbled across a load of cash I think we'd be far worse off.

Bit of a trek for a pint for me unfortunately 

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I just want to see our club with someone in charge who can run it properly.

Unless the trust has stumbled across a load of cash I think we'd be far worse off.

Bit of a trek for a pint for me unfortunately 

For the avoidance of doubt the trust is not seeking to take over the club at the present time nor to run it as you seem to be suggesting.

unless you can do a better job or are willing to get involved in a constructive manner please don’t openly criticise those who give up their time for free. 

I have offered to meet with you in full knowledge that you would not take up that offer as you’d rather criticise from your computer.

Happy to travel to meet with you. Let me know.

thanks 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

For the avoidance of doubt the trust is not seeking to take over the club at the present time nor to run it as you seem to be suggesting.

unless you can do a better job or are willing to get involved in a constructive manner please don’t openly criticise those who give up their time for free. 

I have offered to meet with you in full knowledge that you would not take up that offer as you’d rather criticise from your computer.

Happy to travel to meet with you. Let me know.

thanks 

Well if AL walks, would the trust not take over?

I'm not criticising anyone for giving up their time for anything. Doesn't mean that organisation could run the club if needed. As you mentioned, all volunteers so imagine having to get them to do the day to day running of a football club.

If you want to meet for a pint one night this week, More than happy to do so. 

If buckshaw village isn't too far

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm not criticising anyone for giving up their time for anything. Doesn't mean that organisation could run the club if needed. As you mentioned, all volunteers so imagine having to get them to do the day to day running of a football club.

Easier than oldham for me. Will send you a direct messsge. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Whether the trust could or could not run the club if AL walked is really not the point as the trust is not trying to get him to walk.

It’s current focus is on trying to get him to run the club properly. We may work out that that’s not going to happen then we move to consider alternative options (not yet defined).

Why in all that you see fit to go the great lengths to openly criticise the trust for not having the means to run the club is beyond me. Whether we can or cannot is not the issue here

5 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Whether the trust could or could not run the club if AL walked is really not the point as the trust is not trying to get him to walk.

It’s current focus is on trying to get him to run the club properly. We may work out that that’s not going to happen then we move to consider alternative options (not yet defined).

Why in all that you see fit to go the great lengths to openly criticise the trust for not having the means to run the club is beyond me. Whether we can or cannot is not the issue here

But the trust doesn't even seem to have the simplest answers about what has/is going on at the club.

Without seemingly having any facts about what's going on, just hearsay, I don't see how they can help.

Talk about protests is fine, but what actually do the trust know is going on at the club?

If AL meets and says that's all rumour, all bills are paid, will the trust be happy?

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But the trust doesn't even seem to have the simplest answers about what has/is going on at the club.

Without seemingly having any facts about what's going on, just hearsay, I don't see how they can help.

Talk about protests is fine, but what actually do the trust know is going on at the club?

If AL meets and says that's all rumour, all bills are paid, will the trust be happy?

Let’s cover that when we meet.

21 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He’ll be the one in the Jason mask...

stay safe online kids don’t give out your personal details and meet in a well lit,well populated place. 

And keep an eye out for the paparazzi. 

11 hours ago, Andy b said:

Hi League One,

my personal view is also that I would rather have a club in non league that I can be proud of and is moving in the right direction than a club in league 2 which is not. I don’t really fear further relegations if that’s a means to an end.

In terms of what we can materially affect, we are not wholly sure. However, we have to first try and get the owner to make changes through a more direct and assertive approach. He needs to be held to account.

The trust will do this working to a mandate from the fans.  We have to pursue agreed next steps and see what happens. If that doesn’t gain any traction then we review options and go again. A further fans meet is likely to be convened for this. 

It is conceivable that the trust endorses and actively promotes a boycott of the club at some point. However, true to the trust’s purpose, we have to be sure that is the right thing to do for the long term good of the club (and that’s not an immediately easy conclusion to come to, though I understand the case for it).

We also probably have to go through several other steps before we get there, not least because there is evidently no majority concensous for a boycott at this point. 

Fans will adopt their own means of making their views felt of course and i suspect enough will boycott to make the owner feel it. 

what is also clear is that many fans will not review season tickets at this time.

I used to be petrified of relegation, and that we would sink without trace. The fact we are technically/ mathematically (though not remotely realistically) still in contention for a playoff place is unbelievable after this shite season and shows how poorly we have been run and some really bad decsions.

I had a look at Tranmeres attendances after seeing a tweet, and was amazed that their atttendance held up during the Conf. Most likely because they were challenging. THey are almost 20% up this year again, and highest for quite a few years.

So I'd be more confident if we got relegated than in the past, but with one HUGE caveat, that exactly as you say we were moving in th right direction. Mellon has been in charge for 3 years, staility we can only crave. The squad has a core, but tey've adapted I think. But they are challenging and confident. They seem to have decent owners. That's the model

5 minutes ago, singe said:

I used to be petrified of relegation, and that we would sink without trace. The fact we are technically/ mathematically (though not remotely realistically) still in contention for a playoff place is unbelievable after this shite season and shows how poorly we have been run and some really bad decsions.

I had a look at Tranmeres attendances after seeing a tweet, and was amazed that their atttendance held up during the Conf. Most likely because they were challenging. THey are almost 20% up this year again, and highest for quite a few years.

So I'd be more confident if we got relegated than in the past, but with one HUGE caveat, that exactly as you say we were moving in th right direction. Mellon has been in charge for 3 years, staility we can only crave. The squad has a core, but tey've adapted I think. But they are challenging and confident. They seem to have decent owners. That's the model

Relegation is clearly not desireable in itself. However viewing it as something to be prevented at any cost would be short sighted 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, singe said:

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating it. If it happened with the current 2 in charge still it would kd be an absolute disaster. 

It was more my point of originally fearing it even if the right people took over. 

We said that last season and look how that worked out. Look at chesterfield, if it wasn’t for the lord! They would be looking at a 3rd consecutive religation. Once u start to rot it’s hard to stop.

50 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We said that last season and look how that worked out. Look at chesterfield, if it wasn’t for the lord! They would be looking at a 3rd consecutive religation. Once u start to rot it’s hard to stop.

That's precisely not what I said!

30 minutes ago, singe said:

That's precisely not what I said!

Relegation is not an objective.

if relegation comes from positive change (short term pain for long term gain) then it’s not to be feared.

Point being, avoidance of relegation doesn’t trump all other objectives. 

7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Relegation is not an objective.

if relegation comes from positive change (short term pain for long term gain) then it’s not to be feared.

Point being, avoidance of relegation doesn’t trump all other objectives. 

Absolutely. No way did I say it was an aim or something I am confortable with.
Relegation with the Chuckle Brothers could very well see the end of us or at worst Stockport level. Unmitigated disaster.

Relegation meaning with the two aforementioned departing and the right person/people taking over  at the helm would be less damaging than I used to fear.
Action to hasten that would not get my support.