Confirmed Fans Meeting on Sat 23rd March - are you interested?

Dear all

Update 20/03/19 - link to agenda

https://trustoldham.co.uk/events/trust-fans-meeting/

We have all worked hard to pull this together, Andy B who post on here with regards to Agenda (there is a more detailed one..TBA), Darren on sourcing venue and a back up just in case.

Thanks

Dear all

UPDATE  AT 15.40pm. CONFIRMED FANS MEETING ON SATURDAY 23RD MARCH. AT 12.30PM

Please follow link below to book your place so we can judge numbers.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/trust-oldham-oldham-athletic-where-do-we-go-from-here-oafc-tickets-58842965895?fbclid=IwAR3WJzRQ6pwB8WoC9ZZ24vzkT-45z3elVJOZkO7XLjARfQBMHhX6WyUW56o

Andy B is working on agenda. which will follow and our web guru will change the incorrect date on the eventbrite site to this Sat 23rd. If you could let us know if you are planning to attend.

Thanks for your patience....now I am knackered and I need to lie down in a dark room for a few hours

We will see you on Saturday and thanks for your support

Tracy

Dear all

We are all a little busy this A.M in our lives outside latics....yes, yes I know how very dare we..

Anyways I don't do twitter but our communications guru has put his out there in this format with regards to bringing forward the fans meeting to this Saturday.

If you use twitter, click on trust Oldham near logo it will take you to the twitter page 

Cheers

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

Confirmed Sat 23rd March 12.30pm onwards.

Agenda to follow.

Event FOC 

Please come on down, get involved if you want to or just come and meet some of your Trust team for a chat...I am just about human and would have had my breakfast by then.

Edited by underdog

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Will the agenda be published here prior? 

Just want to ensure it’s worth bothering and not akin to the PFJ meeting to take action. 

Yes thats the plan Kowenicki....we need some sort of structure as I am sure the meeting will be diverse in its thoughts of those that attend.

Being blond and thick...whats the PFJ meeting?

My phones been going off since 7.30am with it all...who says we don't offer a 24 hour service hahah.

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes thats the plan Kowenicki....we need some sort of structure as I am sure the meeting will be diverse in its thoughts of those that attend.

Being blond and thick...whats the PFJ meeting?

My phones been going off since 7.30am with it all...who says we don't offer a 24 hour service hahah.

Its a Python sketch taking the piss out of 70’s style union meetings where motions are passed about action... but nothing ever happens.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Its a Python sketch taking the piss out of 70’s style union meetings where motions are passed about action... but nothing ever happens.

but of course.hahah....the re-enactment battle of....does make me chuckle a little

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

People are trying to do something to bring fans together and agree a course of action.

I would urge you have an open mind and contribute to making sure it is a vehicle for meaningful action. It’s not anyone’s job to convince you of its worthiness. It will be productive if you make it productive. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

People are trying to do something to bring fans together and agree a course of action.

I would urge you have an open mind and contribute to making sure it is a vehicle for meaningful action. It’s not anyone’s job to convince you of its worthiness. It will be productive if you make it productive. 

Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs.... but in terms of an agenda item (contributing towards meaningful action) will the Trust be providing an update?

I appreciate certain things are off limits (potential buy out) but there is obviously known information. For example, why has there now been a change in attitude by the Trust? Equally, Simon Blitz is allowing use of his facility free of charge. Why is that then? 

I’ve posted before, but it might help get people on side - it’s a team game in terms of getting some success? 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Perhaps more like the NTNON version. Does Lemsagam even have a daughter? 

Would’ve been up for attending. But we have a non-refundable hotel booked (again!!!) for the Newport game. Luckily we were staying Cardiff rather than Newport, so we get a weekend to drown our sorrows there with a couple of Frankfurt fans coming over...

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Confirmed Sat 23rd March 12.30pm onwards.

Agenda to follow.

Event FOC at the OEC

Please come on down, get involved if you want to or just come and meet some of your Trust team for a chat...I am just about human and would have had my breakfast by then.

Bit of a curve ball.... but what about inviting AL? See if he has the balls to turn up ? Give him a chance to appease the crowd, put his side across. He will prob bottle it, but least the offer is there.

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Bit of a curve ball.... but what about inviting AL? See if he has the balls to turn up ? Give him a chance to appease the crowd, put his side across. He will prob bottle it, but least the offer is there.

Nah. Not yet. Need a meeting without him to sort a strategy first or else it would turn into a really unproductive lynching. 

I really don’t care about AL anymore!!

As far as I am concerned he’s burnt too many bridges and should be driven out of our club.

IMO he is a conman who has no interest in us at all, and as an ex agent I believe his agenda was in no way dependant on the running of a successful football club.

If we can get shut of him even by way of administration and take the hit this season we will have a better chance of a recovery thus avoiding a drop into the National League.

Even a drop into non league would for me be preferred to any more of this crap!!! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

As far as I am concerned he’s burnt too many bridges and should be driven out of our club.

IMO he is a conman who has no interest in us at all, and as an ex agent I believe his agenda was in no way dependant on the running of a successful football club.

If we can get shut of him even by way of administration and take the hit this season we will have a better chance of a recovery thus avoiding a drop into the National League.

Even a drop into non league would for me be preferred to any more of this crap!!! 

In our hearts, I think most of us feel like that 1955 but we do have to tread carefully. It's alright aiming to get the owner out but without someone ready and able to step in, it's also very risky for the future of Latics. We have a largely creaky old stadium that costs a fortune just to maintain - I would hate us to cut our nose off to spite our face - all options have to be considered very carefully.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And what's the cut off date for a points deduction this season for admin

4 hours ago, Andy b said:

Oh for god sake. Lighten up. Who says I don’t have an open mind about it. It’s just a bit of a fun diversion. I’m sure Underdog took it that way. In fact I know she did. 

Dear all

Here is the link for agenda

https://trustoldham.co.uk/events/trust-fans-meeting/

We have all worked hard to pull this together, Andy B who post on here with regards to Agenda (there is a more detailed one..TBA), Darren on sourcing venue and a back up just in case, others who have fielded lots of questions over the last few days on social media ect...we do what we can

I don't like this work malarkly...I'm not used to it. hahah....

Thanks

Edited by underdog
  • Like 2