OWTB Vs. OASIS

Guest sheridans_world

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the other lad who got both (I think - i've consumed alcohol since, so I can only vaguely remember) was called 'Hursty'. Butter hit the post with one of them which came back and left 'hursty' with a simple tap in.God knows how that hit the post though, it was heading in and swerved dramatically at the last second.

OASIS'S two best players were Northerners. Paddy and Leachy. Not sure who was in net for OASIS in the 1st half but he kept them in it in the first half and the score at a respectable 2-0. Think it was BigFin. He pulled off some good stops. Particularly that half volley I had following yet another LEESLOVER MISTAKE. Tipped it crashing onto the bar

Decent game. OWTB'S never really looked in danger from the 1st goal onwards.

Well done OWTB - let's have that victory down there are wrap up the series.

We'll have to get a little trophy and make it an event...

Call me cynical, but I wouldn't be suprised to see a few ringers in the OASIS side when Team OWTB go South!

I think the other lad who got both (I think - i've consumed alcohol since, so I can only vaguely remember) was called 'Hursty'. Butter hit the post with one of them which came back and left 'hursty' with a simple tap in.

The lad who scored the other 2 goals was our Tom aka Inspectormorose jr.

LL your innovative 2-3-7 formation for the second goal actually included 2 players who weren't even supposed to be on the pitch but wandered on for the free kick and one of them was the goalscorer so by rights it should have been chalked off and we win 4-1 :o:grin:

Lucky goals? Are you having a laugh, you cheated at almost every opportunity, S_W tried bringing me down in an act of desperation for the first where I ran around him.

The second, Beardy tried the same which left me with pretty much an open goal only for the dodgy refereeing to pull it back for a free kick. But justice was done and we're still in with a shout for the second leg ;)

Nice to meet you all too.

And Rocky, I think it was you I clashed heads with, I have a nice shiner this morning now lol

2-3-7 1-2-9 it wouldn't have mattered how many were thrown up top, with the colossus presence of myself, beardy, leesyverypunk man who nearly popped the ball with his spikes on numerous occasions and of course ritchie irwin our maurauding right back.

II ain't half grazed my leg though after my tremendous goal line clearance....(oasis') only shot on goal i think 1st half!!!! :D

Anyway, really enjoyed it.....thanks guys.....Grrrrreeeeeeggggggaaaaaaannnnnnnn :chubb:

The lad who scored the other 2 goals was our Tom aka Inspectormorose jr.

LL your innovative 2-3-7 formation for the second goal actually included 2 players who weren't even supposed to be on the pitch but wandered on for the free kick and one of them was the goalscorer so by rights it should have been chalked off and we win 4-1 :o:grin:

you lot are sore winners....

despite winning 4-2 you are trying to get one of our goals erased from the records. Never mind that we had 2 fewer players than you and the handicap of myself...plus the sub that came on in the second half was in his fifties! AND Bigfin went off so we ended up with about 7 players....

Anyway - despite my lack of ability and fitness I really enjoyed it - looking forward to the 2nd half as part of OASIS now that the boundaries have been redrawn...

Never mind that we had 2 fewer players than you and the handicap of myself...plus the sub that came on in the second half was in his fifties! AND Bigfin went off so we ended up with about 7 players....

Whing whinge whinge whinge whinge,it's like listening to the Imperial Lord Ferg.You'll be blaming the referee next. :wink::grin:

Having chosen to drop out due to prior commitments I then had an over whelming urge to play... so what did I do? Went out on Friday and had only a 'reasonable' amount to drink, planning for the game the day after... it get's to about 12:30, I'm still reasonably sober, and all is looking good for Saturday... I then slipped in 5th Ave, rolled my ankle, and even now it's still twice it's normal size!! So I missed out!

I shall however make every effort to play in the second leg - and assuming I'm on the OASIS team (I live further south than OP and he is) I shall claw back that deficit for them.

In the mean time I shall return to the couch and bemoan my luck, and wet floors, some more!

Having chosen to drop out due to prior commitments I then had an over whelming urge to play... so what did I do? Went out on Friday and had only a 'reasonable' amount to drink, planning for the game the day after... it get's to about 12:30, I'm still reasonably sober, and all is looking good for Saturday... I then slipped in 5th Ave, rolled my ankle, and even now it's still twice it's normal size!! So I missed out!

I shall however make every effort to play in the second leg - and assuming I'm on the OASIS team (I live further south than OP and he is) I shall claw back that deficit for them.

In the mean time I shall return to the couch and bemoan my luck, and wet floors, some more!

Oh no you don't, you're on OWTB's books. <_<

And Rocky, I think it was you I clashed heads with, I have a nice shiner this morning now lol

:wink::lol::lol:

It was a good way to introduce ourselves. It wasnt a bad challenge at all. Just a small clash of heads, where my foreheard happened to smack your eye. Nothing Major :grin:

My head was sore this morning. Now I know why. :grin:

A very fun day... think we might have to introduce "age capping" fot the next leg though... i.e only 3 players under 25 on any side at any time... think fitnes cost us - 2 months of hard training for us OASIS!

INJURY UPDATE: you will all be glad to know it doesnt look like my foot is broken (despite the hospital being utterly uninterested in it) but they said I have more than likely ripped some ligaments in my foot ... just got the usual... sorry mate, cant do much with feet treatment!

Not coming out of Nets at the next one - learnt my lesson!

Good fun boys!

Aah, eeh, ooh! Even typing this is sore. I thought I was reasonably fit but following our little kick about on Satdi, it is clearly evident I am not. I hurt all over (and I only played 30 minutes out of net!) Old age has defo caught up with me. Next time we play, I am NOT going in the changing rooms to get banged up for 1/2 an hour and missing a chance of a pre-match pint - leason learnt! Was a good laff but don't think I will make the away game coz probably wont get a pass from the missus! There was a hint of dubiosity about OASIS 2nd goal - naaa thinking about it it was just an inspired substitution. We will have to see if Shezza can come up with something similar in future games. Well done everyone, great laff and game of footy!

. Next time we play, I am NOT going in the changing rooms to get banged up for 1/2 an hour and missing a chance of a pre-match pint - leason learnt!

At least you got locked in and not out!!!! I was yapping to a couple of guys who were just about to play on the pitch where we had played...well they actually asked me to turn out for an half, before the latics!!!! no way jose!!!

So by the time i'd walked from the far car park, with all my change of clothes you lot were obviously locked in...i was locked out!!!, back to the car i went, bag, trainers and change of clothes in hand, changed in the car - not good!!, but the day was saved when myself and ominous poultry managed to get into the green for a couple of swifties before entering the mecca for the game!!

All in all not so bad. ^_^

I am NOT going in the changing rooms to get banged up for 1/2 an hour and missing a chance of a pre-match pint - leason learnt!

LOL we had bags of time, me and my Bro managed to get 2 swift pints down before Latics kicked off :lol:

bunch of girls, I had to play on Sunday too and you lot are still aching now? :lol: I must not have worked hard enough :eek: