Valley Parade - The Final Whistle

8 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Although the post carries quite a lot of accuracy, there are certain points included within the post that are quite clearly untrue.

I was supportive up until seeing the pathetic display of defending for their 2nd goal. That was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I then turned my anger and frustrations straight to board level. Towards Abdallah, Mo and Barry Owen. Throughout the second half, I joined in and started on occasion the songs against the board. Never did I or many more like myself turn on the players.

Towards the end, I headed down to the front of the stand to vent my anger at the final whistle. That was definitely not aimed towards the players but purely straight up to the board level.

The players, to be fair to them, stuck their necks out and faced the angered following away support. Azankpo came over and was in tears. It probably shocked him to see the crowds feelings towards the whole situation but he was reassured by supporters that fans do not blame the players for the current situation.

My friends and I then called Jamie Stott over who we spoke to for about 90 seconds or so. My words to him were “All of this anger, frustration and emotion is not towards you and not towards the majority of the players. The problem is up there (pointing to the directors box). He nodded in acceptance whilst looking heartbroken. I’m sure he was, he’s been at the club for 11 years I believe. He probably can’t quite believe it either”. Stott then  went off clearly emotional and in tears to which he was consoled by a member of staff. This is where a problem then started.

That club member pulled a couple of players away, before doing the wanker sign in the direction to myself and my friends. I have known this particular staff member for quite a few years so I was extremely pissed off as you can imagine.

It ended up getting worse with a couple of scuffles breaking out, nothing to do with me and in my opinion really not needed or required. Following leaving the stadium, we headed up the hill towards where the offices were as we wanted to voice our furstrations once more towards the board. Said club staff members partner then came out and shouted towards the support (about 20/30 people in total) that he will “see fans in the pub later and sort it out man to man”. I appreciate he was frustrated and angry too but not the best way of going about it. We were then moved on by police, in hindsight, probably the best for the situation before we headed back to the Bradford Arms for a debrief on the game.

Some tears were shed, heated discussions within our friends group and then a “what do we do from here” chat which still doesn’t seem very clear.

The actions of the club staff involved was poor. I sent the following message to this said individual on facebook not too long after the incident:

“Don’’t ever call me a wanker again for standing up for the club I support. Abdallah, as I’m sure you very well know is ruining the club yet you call supporters wankers. I appreciate Jamie Stott was upset and again not his fault as was reiterated throughout our furstrations. I don’t blame the players, firmly lies at board level so if you think I’m wrong then fine but we have 43 games to save this club going into non league so we need to speak up now before we leave it too late”

I then got a response of: “I didn’t call you because of Abdallah, I feel for the players that everyone was abusing”

Fair enough response however, certainly the people who were talking to the players at the front, there was no abuse towards them whatsoever.

Our club is in a mess!

Customers piss me off every single day - if I even suggested one was a wanker when engaging with them I’d be sacked. Be interesting to see if the club acknowledges this action in the statement that no doubt will come at some point this week

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I can't recall anybody slating the effort more the quality on the pitch, do you think it's acceptable for the current regime to keep pushing this agenda and flooding the team with sub standard recruits many of which wouldn't get in Stockports team? 

Local away with a few hundred inebriated tics kicking off after not seeing their team compete in a League game for the umpteenth time in months - shocker.

Anyone clapping them off needs their heads testing and they are so far short of what's required it is laughable, fans ultimately continue to pay good money home and away to watch this crock of shit side that's been cobbled together by several chancers, are they really the problem? Are they fuck.

Exactly, why do a bunch of players who have played 3 games for us, some of them who have done alright, some who are dog shite, deserve that absolute barrage of horrid abuse at full time. They don’t. It’s people who are frustrated with the owner taking it out on players. Fage had a good game Saturday, yet someone at the end was calling him a wanker and telling him to get out of our club. Fucking joke and then we say the club don’t deserve our support cos we’ve taken a thousand to Bradford, it’s laughable.

Edited by Andy-latic
  • Like 2

Can I firstly point out that, "We want Abdallah out," doesn't work, whereas Lemmy fits perfectly?

Can't blame players who've been told that a professional English club thinks they've got something about them and is offering them a chance. Also can't blame them if the contract is for far more than they would come for. If Lemmy left tomorrow we'd have the same squad, and we'll need some very average players to give it everything if we're going to stay up.

11 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Exactly, why do a bunch of players who have played 3 games for us, some of them who have done alright, some who are dog shite, deserve that absolute barrage of horrid abuse at full time. They don’t. It’s people who are frustrated with the owner taking it out on players. Fage had a good game Saturday, yet someone at the end was calling him a wanker and telling him to get out of our club. Fucking joke and then we say the club don’t deserve our support cos we’ve taken a thousand to Bradford, it’s laughable.

Unfortunately for them they are the symbol of the systematic failure of the Lemsagam reign and as such will have to cop the abuse if results continue to be poor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

Can I firstly point out that, "We want Abdallah out," doesn't work, whereas Lemmy fits perfectly?

Can't blame players who've been told that a professional English club thinks they've got something about them and is offering them a chance. Also can't blame them if the contract is for far more than they would come for. If Lemmy left tomorrow we'd have the same squad, and we'll need some very average players to give it everything if we're going to stay up.

Been working on this, and Abdallah does work, its all in the lyrical phrasing and notation

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Although the post carries quite a lot of accuracy, there are certain points included within the post that are quite clearly untrue.

I was supportive up until seeing the pathetic display of defending for their 2nd goal. That was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I then turned my anger and frustrations straight to board level. Towards Abdallah, Mo and Barry Owen. Throughout the second half, I joined in and started on occasion the songs against the board. Never did I or many more like myself turn on the players.

Towards the end, I headed down to the front of the stand to vent my anger at the final whistle. That was definitely not aimed towards the players but purely straight up to the board level.

The players, to be fair to them, stuck their necks out and faced the angered following away support. Azankpo came over and was in tears. It probably shocked him to see the crowds feelings towards the whole situation but he was reassured by supporters that fans do not blame the players for the current situation.

My friends and I then called Jamie Stott over who we spoke to for about 90 seconds or so. My words to him were “All of this anger, frustration and emotion is not towards you and not towards the majority of the players. The problem is up there (pointing to the directors box). He nodded in acceptance whilst looking heartbroken. I’m sure he was, he’s been at the club for 11 years I believe. He probably can’t quite believe it either”. Stott then  went off clearly emotional and in tears to which he was consoled by a member of staff. This is where a problem then started.

That club member pulled a couple of players away, before doing the wanker sign in the direction to myself and my friends. I have known this particular staff member for quite a few years so I was extremely pissed off as you can imagine.

It ended up getting worse with a couple of scuffles breaking out, nothing to do with me and in my opinion really not needed or required. Following leaving the stadium, we headed up the hill towards where the offices were as we wanted to voice our furstrations once more towards the board. Said club staff members partner then came out and shouted towards the support (about 20/30 people in total) that he will “see fans in the pub later and sort it out man to man”. I appreciate he was frustrated and angry too but not the best way of going about it. We were then moved on by police, in hindsight, probably the best for the situation before we headed back to the Bradford Arms for a debrief on the game.

Some tears were shed, heated discussions within our friends group and then a “what do we do from here” chat which still doesn’t seem very clear.

The actions of the club staff involved was poor. I sent the following message to this said individual on facebook not too long after the incident:

“Don’’t ever call me a wanker again for standing up for the club I support. Abdallah, as I’m sure you very well know is ruining the club yet you call supporters wankers. I appreciate Jamie Stott was upset and again not his fault as was reiterated throughout our furstrations. I don’t blame the players, firmly lies at board level so if you think I’m wrong then fine but we have 43 games to save this club going into non league so we need to speak up now before we leave it too late”

I then got a response of: “I didn’t call you because of Abdallah, I feel for the players that everyone was abusing”

Fair enough response however, certainly the people who were talking to the players at the front, there was no abuse towards them whatsoever.

Our club is in a mess!

Sorry but I take exception to your first sentence.  I was talking in general terms and didn’t ask everyone in the stand what their motives or actions were so saying my points are not true is simply wrong.  We agree on virtually everything else though.

Moving on, I’d say good on you for the words you had with Jamie Stott.  Nothing should have been aimed at him but the mob were baying at all the players regardless of how they had played or indeed, whether they had played at all.

I wasn’t aware of who the club representatives who came over.  Fair enough for them consoling and protecting the players but they should never have reacted like that to the crowd.

The more I think of this, the more annoyed I get that the whole scenario wasn’t nipped in the bud by someone more senior at the club whether that be the Lemsagams, his Security team, manager, coaching staff, captain or senior players.  

They should never have been allowed to approach the crowd.

You are totally right and the Club is rotten.  We need change but there are plenty of threads for debating that.

16 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

To be honest I think there is a section of the supporters who are toxic, and it suits them that the team is struggling at the moment. 

16 hours ago, markgaston said:

Yes there are definitely and you will find them at away games, mostly closer derby games and the like. They seem to care more about antagonising opposing fans than watching the football. And it wasn't just booing which given the performance  is warranted. It was viscous with an air of real menace. 

Spot on. One of them in the pub beforehand saying it'd be funny if we went 3-0 down early on. Totally reveling it they were on Saturday. Great support 🙄

15 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

The question is, does it achieve anything or just make things worse?

In another few weeks, if we're playing crap nervous football all the time, if the home performances seem really cagey, if the players don't seem to go the extra mile for the fans - maybe it'll be time to think back and think that behaviour from the fans part of the problem?

Like everyone points out, it's a revolving door at Oldham (and most clubs at this level), and the players don't have any connection to the club other than their wage. 

Do you think they're going to get any love or pride for the club when they're getting that sort of abuse from the start, week in week out?

Putting frustrations with the owners on the players doesn't help anyone.

If you're so concerned about the fact you've paid for the ticket, why act in a way that makes it more likely you'll pay to see even more bad performances?

Some sense finally being spoken. 100% this. Protest outside the ground. Light your flares, sing your songs, wave your banners if you want. Going with intent (and yes, some did want us to do bad so they could revel in it on Saturday) to be toxic isn't on. Doesn't mean clapping them off if they're shit either. The behaviour of some of our fans was as embarrassing as watching 2 CB's that aren't CB's (one a FB, one just not good enough) trying to defend Bradfords goals.

Edited by boundaryblue80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Sorry but I take exception to your first sentence.  I was talking in general terms and didn’t ask everyone in the stand what their motives or actions were so saying my points are not true is simply wrong.  We agree on virtually everything else though.

Moving on, I’d say good on you for the words you had with Jamie Stott.  Nothing should have been aimed at him but the mob were baying at all the players regardless of how they had played or indeed, whether they had played at all.

I wasn’t aware of who the club representatives who came over.  Fair enough for them consoling and protecting the players but they should never have reacted like that to the crowd.

The more I think of this, the more annoyed I get that the whole scenario wasn’t nipped in the bud by someone more senior at the club whether that be the Lemsagams, his Security team, manager, coaching staff, captain or senior players.  

They should never have been allowed to approach the crowd.

You are totally right and the Club is rotten.  We need change but there are plenty of threads for debating that.

This was probably put the wrong way in my reply. I meant more that the majority of the "abuse" was aimed towards the board and not the players. Undoubtedly I am sure there were some supporters shouting expletives to the players who came over and I felt that your post related to the people at the front who had direct contact with the players, such as myself with Jamie Stott and other supporters with Azankpo so I hope that clears my comment up on my previous post.

The squad lacks leadership and organisation right the way through. Maouche telling fans to calm down despite strutting around the pitch thinking he's gods gift to football and blatantly giving up after surrendering possession probably wasn't the best to do. A leader would have taken his team part of the way, a quick clap, maybe a hand of apology and led the team back to the dressing room. Rather ironically, you could imagine somebody like Peter Clarke doing that. Somebody who we are in desperate need of within this shambolic mess.

As I said, I hope the first comment has now been clarified. Frustration, anger and emotion started to over-spill on Saturday and if things don't improve, will continue to do so I am afraid.

• Thanks 1

That was the worst performance from an Oldham team I think I have ever seen. That Sefil and Iacovitti are absolute dog shit. Worst defenders we've ever had. They all deserved every single bit of stick they got at the end. I think my throat was hurting the amount of booing I did at the final whistle, and I'm not a big fan of booing but boy did that performance warrant it. Fage was decent, Azankpo at least put some effort in, but they are a team and the team performance was fucking dire. I actually feel sorry for Banide. There's no way he's the one that's picked Sefil and Iacovitti. Or if he has, he needs sacking immediately. The major problems we face are because of our inept brothers in charge at the top, but I don't feel sorry for the players. Only ones who looked like he wanted to be there was Fage and Azankpo. The attitude from the rest of them absolutely stank. 

Why is Maouche our captain?

Where do we go from here? 

54 minutes ago, JTM said:

That was the worst performance from an Oldham team I think I have ever seen. That Sefil and Iacovitti are absolute dog shit. Worst defenders we've ever had. They all deserved every single bit of stick they got at the end. I think my throat was hurting the amount of booing I did at the final whistle, and I'm not a big fan of booing but boy did that performance warrant it. Fage was decent, Azankpo at least put some effort in, but they are a team and the team performance was fucking dire. I actually feel sorry for Banide. There's no way he's the one that's picked Sefil and Iacovitti. Or if he has, he needs sacking immediately. The major problems we face are because of our inept brothers in charge at the top, but I don't feel sorry for the players. Only ones who looked like he wanted to be there was Fage and Azankpo. The attitude from the rest of them absolutely stank. 

Why is Maouche our captain?

Where do we go from here? 

Is it down to the lake I fear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Must not have been to watch many times over the last few years

Would say in the last 5 years I've been to about 90% of home games and about 10 away games in total. Never seen anything quite as bad as yesterday. I remember being 3-0 down to Peterborough at half time a few years back and it was better than Saturday

4 minutes ago, JTM said:

Would say in the last 5 years I've been to about 90% of home games and about 10 away games in total. Never seen anything quite as bad as yesterday. I remember being 3-0 down to Peterborough at half time a few years back and it was better than Saturday

In my opinion, it was the third worst performance this season so if you ignore the Mickey Mouse Cup game against Liverpool kids, I could argue it was the best of the season so far.

Opinions eh?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

In my opinion, it was the third worst performance this season so if you ignore the Mickey Mouse Cup game against Liverpool kids, I could argue it was the best of the season so far.

Opinions eh?

When we start arguing over which of our three defeats was best we really have reached rock bottom, lower than a slugs ball bag this shower.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

When we start arguing over which of our three defeats was best we really have reached rock bottom, lower than a slugs ball bag this shower.

I was pointing out to JTM that it wasn’t the worst performance of the season let alone the worst performance in (5) years.  In my opinion.

I wasn’t arguing about a ranking of shitness if you read it in context.

On 8/19/2019 at 10:23 AM, leeslover said:

I agree with this to an extent, but an unwritten part of the contract they’ve signed is that they’ll get criticism from the fans if they play crap and sit bottom of the entire football league.

How they’ve ended up wearing the shirt just doesn’t sit well with me. Have they put the hard graft in to show they deserve to be here? Maybe, but I’m not sure they’ve shown the quality. Why does someone who’s played 25 games in three years at an inferior level get a contract? No other team in the league would go near such a player..

Not their fault they were offered a contract, but they must know that they’re luckier than most to be here, and for that reason I think the extra pressure is warranted..

23 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Not so much volunteers, rather nominees. 

Lol. It would actually be a welcome break from the bickering on here, to set up a poll of who is going to be the fans' rep for self-immolation on the centre circle at a designated home match.

...... I`m just off to get measured for my asbestos suit.