Protests

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe it's just coincidence then that the Trusts stance changed (dramatically) when he started to get an iota of recognition from the club, we've been here before so it's difficult as a pessimist not to view things cynically. Hands up if I'm wrong but the way everything went flat from the Trusts end with regards to the protest last season was all a bit weird for me.

Although past performance is no indicator of future performance (as the saying goes) :-

Barry Owen - Trust director - resigned and became a Latics director

Simon Brooke - Trust director - resigned and became a Latics director.....

Sincerely hope it doesn't happen again (and to be fair I think the current Trust director put something in writing that he promised not to become a Latics director - albeit the promise was "time bound").

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Although past performance is no indicator of future performance (as the saying goes) :-

Barry Owen - Trust director - resigned and became a Latics director

Simon Brooke - Trust director - resigned and became a Latics director.....

Sincerely hope it doesn't happen again (and to be fair I think the current Trust director put something in writing that he promised not to become a Latics director - albeit the promise was "time bound").

Brooke was trust director throughout his tenure as Latics Director - he resigned to take up the commercial role with Lemmy as an employee.

Barry resigned because everyone thought he was a twat and Corney let him keep his seat on the board so he fucked the trust off

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe it's just coincidence then that the Trusts stance changed (dramatically) when he started to get an iota of recognition from the club, 

Was it not moreso the case that he started to get an iota of recognition from the club once their stance changed? 

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

There is a strange alchemy with people who get involved with the club, having been just a fan. As soon as they see the boardroom or the chairman’s office, all sins are forgiven and we get a version of Barry’s favourite line. . 

‘What the fans have got to realise is. .’ 🙄

Alchemy suggests that Barry is now solid gold and is now the statue of himself that he always wanted...

21 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Alchemy suggests that Barry is now solid gold and is now the statue of himself that he always wanted...

I’ll be honest lees, sometimes I just like going with a word in the moment. Most of the time it’s to sound more intelligent than I am, some of the time it’s because I’m a free spirit. An very occasionally I have no idea what it actually means, but throw it in anyway. 

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’ll be honest lees, sometimes I just like going with a word in the moment. Most of the time it’s to sound more intelligent than I am, some of the time it’s because I’m a free spirit. An very occasionally I have no idea what it actually means, but throw it in anyway. 

Very erudite!

On 9/5/2019 at 11:47 AM, OAFC1984 said:

Not to mention the resident voices on here from the Trust are deafening in their silence too.

Except to occasionally say “We have a dedicated part of this forum if you like to put your questions there so we don’t hijack (a thread asking the very questions the trust should be) this thread”

** whispers : “we’ll ignore you there too plebs”

maybe Darren is what 🤡 meant when he said “the fan”

Trust are a waste of fucking space 

We've found the fan!!

Archived