Protests

19 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Imagine one home league game in Sept/Oct where the attendance is in the low hundreds for instance? I don’t think you could send a stronger message.

If only we had a tv game scheduled where there'd be no ignoring it...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a bit of sneering about this protest on this thread, and dismissing the numbers who went etc.  But how many of the 92 clubs had protests outside their ground this weekend about how their club is run?  The fact that there's even a protest at all is a big deal and should be treated as such by the club and other fans.

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It got a decent write up in The Sun (more sneering) so the message about the fuckwits is getting out there.

Bollocks to what paper anything is written in but what do you not understand about protesting?

The fans who put their head above the parapet and chose to demonstrate were basically only doing what should have been done last season but the fans took their eyes off the ball when we got those 3 successive wins that put us in touching distance of a play off place. The season quickly petered out at Exeter and look where we are now. A clueless leadership (being kind that) and a team consisting of a number of players who sadly are not up to the level of Division 4 (in old money).

If this shower are either not replaced or not supplemented by some investment quick (on and off the pitch) we will be history this season. Why does the media think that Latics are in crisis? Not because a few lads walk on Boundary Park asking quite reasonably what is going on at the club. No our issues have been widely documented before - no idea what evidence anyone has got but its not difficult to see that there are major issues at BP.

Now is the time to get the EFL to look at clubs in crisis (not just us) and see how safe we are before we become another club expelled from the EFL. In my opinion the Trust has been negligent in heeding the warning signs and should have been leading this, not a few hardy souls who care enough to rise above the fucking apathy that has descended around Boundary Park         

31 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Quite a bit of sneering about this protest on this thread, and dismissing the numbers who went etc.  But how many of the 92 clubs had protests outside their ground this weekend about how their club is run?  The fact that there's even a protest at all is a big deal and should be treated as such by the club and other fans.

Apathy is the problem - look away if you choose to but don't start fucking moaning when it all goes tits up and Latics become extinct under this shower. Its not very nice to protest but sometimes people have to to get the message across.

If you are prepared to turn a blind eye to this leadership - your choice.    

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Bollocks to what paper anything is written in but what do you not understand about protesting?

The fans who put their head above the parapet and chose to demonstrate were basically only doing what should have been done last season but the fans took their eyes off the ball when we got those 3 successive wins that put us in touching distance of a play off place. The season quickly petered out at Exeter and look where we are now. A clueless leadership (being kind that) and a team consisting of a number of players who sadly are not up to the level of Division 4 (in old money).

If this shower are either not replaced or not supplemented by some investment quick (on and off the pitch) we will be history this season. Why does the media think that Latics are in crisis? Not because a few lads walk on Boundary Park asking quite reasonably what is going on at the club. No our issues have been widely documented before - no idea what evidence anyone has got but its not difficult to see that there are major issues at BP.

Now is the time to get the EFL to look at clubs in crisis (not just us) and see how safe we are before we become another club expelled from the EFL. In my opinion the Trust has been negligent in heeding the warning signs and should have been leading this, not a few hardy souls who care enough to rise above the fucking apathy that has descended around Boundary Park         

57 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Apathy is the problem - look away if you choose to but don't start fucking moaning when it all goes tits up and Latics become extinct under this shower. Its not very nice to protest but sometimes people have to to get the message across.

If you are prepared to turn a blind eye to this leadership - your choice.    

Danny I'm 100% behind what your doing.

In 2003, I travelled up from Kent to shake a bucket (cheers Metty) at the  charity game.

The situation at Bury is almost exactly the same, except we were saved with a matter of hours to go. I still vividly recall how awful it felt.

How any Oldham fans can pontificate about Bury and their spending after what we did in terms of spending under Moore, bucket shaking and money off the Council is beyond comprehension. How any Oldham fan can gloat at Bury's demise is mind boggling. Basically, if you are glad Bury have gone, you would have to have been happy we went under.

1 hour ago, singe said:

In 2003, I travelled up from Kent to shake a bucket (cheers Metty) at the  charity game.

The situation at Bury is almost exactly the same, except we were saved with a matter of hours to go. I still vividly recall how awful it felt.

How any Oldham fans can pontificate about Bury and their spending after what we did in terms of spending under Moore, bucket shaking and money off the Council is beyond comprehension. How any Oldham fan can gloat at Bury's demise is mind boggling. Basically, if you are glad Bury have gone, you would have to have been happy we went under.

Yeah, because that’s how tribalism works 🧠.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Some people are so myopic they cannot appreciate the bigger picture. 

Best leave them to their own tunnel vision and try and elicit support from the wider football family who appreciate the value of football in the community and the structure of the EFL     

Just now, unsworth blue said:

Sorry Yarddog, I am not Danny mate 

I saw the message about Fuckwits and thought you were being disrespectful to those who protested, sorry mate didn't realise it was ironic   

Maybe it wasn’t ironic? Maybe he was talking about well established fuckwits such as BO, when he said fuckwits.

22 hours ago, League one forever said:

I was thinking about this on the drive home from the game. I know Bob Mills was all over talkSPORT about orient, weather that had an impact on bringing interest in the club I’m not sure. The big difference with both those clubs though is they had owners who wanted rid. We have an owner who is basking in his own incompetence and I suspect would rather cheese grate his own knees than walk away. 

Bob Mills is a well-known Orient fan, so had a vested interest. The Oldham fan with a similar reach in terms of publicity gets sneered at by lots of fans for simply doing his job. 

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Bob Mills is a well-known Orient fan, so had a vested interest. The Oldham with a similar reach in terms of publicity gets sneered at by lots of fans for simply doing his job. 

I know he is, it would be interesting to know if the constant national exposure he gave him it, helped attract new investors. 

What does The Oldham mean? 

28 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Bob Mills is a well-known Orient fan, so had a vested interest. The Oldham with a similar reach in terms of publicity gets sneered at by lots of fans for simply doing his job. 

I assume your mean owner mate. 

No harm in asking other clubs for advice/ opinions though in case it comes to pass that the owner either walks away or runs out of money - either is not out of the question I expect  

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

I know he is, it would be interesting to know if the constant national exposure he gave him it, helped attract new investors. 

What does The Oldham mean? 

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

er(rrrrrrrr)

5 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I assume your mean owner mate. 

No harm in asking other clubs for advice/ opinions though in case it comes to pass that the owner either walks away or runs out of money - either is not out of the question I expect  

Sorry missed out the word fan, see edited post above. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ah, gotcha. 

The oldham fan being Keegan? 

Ahh thanks makes sense now. Keegan lavery quiet and other people are now writing about Oldham in the mail. Maybe he has got something wrong that he reported and has been taken off all things oldham ?

A very well done to those who protested.

I`ve always said, with our ever shrinking fanbase, a protest will only work properly if The Trust mobilise their membership and the wider support. 

There will, therefore, be no proper protest.

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

A very well done to those who protested.

I`ve always said, with our ever shrinking fanbase, a protest will only work properly if The Trust mobilise their membership and the wider support. 

There will, therefore, be no proper protest.

I believe that the protest should have been organised by the Trust and others (not on the protest) who spoke to me at the protest felt the same.

17 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I believe that the protest should have been organised by the Trust and others (not on the protest) who spoke to me at the protest felt the same.

Trust are null and void now the 'fan on the board' is seeing the perks that come with the role - it's all gone a bit Barry Owen to be honest. They lost all credibility when they about turned on a whim at the back end of last season after appearing to get all militant at one stage.

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Trust are null and void now the 'fan on the board' is seeing the perks that come with the role - it's all gone a bit Barry Owen to be honest. They lost all credibility when they about turned on a whim at the back end of last season after appearing to get all militant at one stage.

I don't see how you have come to that conclusion? He was in the box one game on his own companys behalf, and has his own job elsewhere. His active role at the club is to attend board meetings and put fan suggestions forward, nothing more tbh. I don't think being called out on twitter whilst having no real power is a perk!

36 minutes ago, youngen said:

I don't see how you have come to that conclusion? He was in the box one game on his own companys behalf, and has his own job elsewhere. His active role at the club is to attend board meetings and put fan suggestions forward, nothing more tbh. I don't think being called out on twitter whilst having no real power is a perk!

Maybe it's just coincidence then that the Trusts stance changed (dramatically) when he started to get an iota of recognition from the club, we've been here before so it's difficult as a pessimist not to view things cynically. Hands up if I'm wrong but the way everything went flat from the Trusts end with regards to the protest last season was all a bit weird for me.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe it's just coincidence then that the Trusts stance changed (dramatically) when he started to get an iota of recognition from the club, we've been here before so it's difficult as a pessimist not to view things cynically. Hands up if I'm wrong but the way everything went flat from the Trusts end with regards to the protest last season was all a bit weird for me.

Not to mention the resident voices on here from the Trust are deafening in their silence too.

Except to occasionally say “We have a dedicated part of this forum if you like to put your questions there so we don’t hijack (a thread asking the very questions the trust should be) this thread”

** whispers : “we’ll ignore you there too plebs”

maybe Darren is what 🤡 meant when he said “the fan”

Trust are a waste of fucking space 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not sure the Trust actually know what they stand for, its a few people who have other priorities trying to muster all the fans rage into some sort of sensible argument. Although they wrote the letter, got a response, saw some accounts yet have done nothing further. Maybe they are satisfied, or maybe they are powerless. Either way they've not done as great a job as people would hope.

Archived